Who thought Landfall was a good idea?

I’m in LOVE with Monolith and Skyline but Landfall is such a faceplant it’s unreal. When the community said they wanted close quarters maps, they didn’t mean they wanted a campable building that has doorways you can’t jump in (making the crouching Boltshot/close range weapon 99% likely to hit you) or one that spawns its own Hammers and Shotguns inside. I’m also not sure why that balcony leading into the control rooms exists either because it only serves to get spawn killed on when there’s always someone with a DMR on that elevated part where the Concussion Rifle spawns sometimes staring at you. There is absolutely no cover other than 2 poles that aren’t exactly thick

The only saving grace here is getting the Rockets to flush them out but considering the Shotgun spawns just as frequently (if not more, can’t tell), you are looking at the game turning into a waiting game for Rockets; there are fusion coils everywhere but the corners people will actually camp in so that’s really what it gets reduced to if it’s a team game. The map is just awful for FFA too :frowning:

Anybody have opinions or tips?

I avoid it like the plague. Skyline and Monolith are awesome, but Landfall gives me a headache =(

Two much crates and boxes everywhere. They did put the truck from Reach in the map, so that was pretty cool. Sadly, you can’t drive it.

I’ve only played a few matches but I can already tell I’m probably going to hate it in the long run. A little tip though for people not enjoying Landfall. Try to use Promethean Vision. You can bait people pretty easily with it. I’ve honestly rarely used PV until this map came along. This map(specifically the indoors part) was built to abuse PV.

> I avoid it like the plague. Skyline and Monolith are awesome, but Landfall gives me a headache =(

I actually find myself enjoying Landfall… I don’t know why… For me, almost all of the action is on the straightaway, that tunnel leading into the garage, and the gravity lift building… The Rockets and Concussion make it easier to break into the garage, so that’s a plus.

Landfall is the best of the 3, unless you’re a DMR kiddie of course.

If you don’t like close quarters battles, go play the Crimson maps.

> Landfall is the best of the 3, unless you’re a DMR kiddie of course.
>
> If you don’t like close quarters battles, go play the Crimson maps.

Such an ignorant comment. Have you read anything in this thread?

Landfall is my favourite of the 3, didn’t have any problem with people using the boltshot. Strafing is your friend.

Yeah the Boltshot nerf definitely helped make it a little more bearable. I just keep finding the gameplay really stagnant inside the control base and its mostly due to the fact Shotguns and Hammers spawn in there. Without them, the map would probably play infinitely better

Yeah, the only real problems I see with landfall can all be fixed in an update. The map also looks great for things like machinima, will probably be using it as a set in my own.

I have really enjoyed FFA on Landfall but that might just be because I am so Rumble Pit starved.

I haven’t played it as much as the other two, but I think it’s a pretty good map. I haven’t run into any problems with it. Maybe I just need to play it more to see what you mean.

Landfall is the best of the three! This map offers plenty of CQC areas with enough breathing room to allow for shield recharge. But to be fair monolith and skyline are still excellent maps.

> …When the community said they wanted close quarters maps…

Please cite just one post in which anyone in the community asked for CQC maps from 343i…

I thought Landfall was perfectly fine. It plays out like a really standard map. I didn’t notice any excessive camping at all.

I personally think every one of the new DLC maps are AMAZING. Landfall is one of my favorites. How can you not like it? Every DLC map released so far in my opinion, are excellent!

> > …When the community said they wanted close quarters maps…
>
> Please cite just one post in which anyone in the community asked for CQC maps from 343i…

Actually, you should have paid attention during the early months of Halo 4. It was a top concern. Especially once the Crimson maps came out. People were pissed that they got “ZOMG MOAR BIG MAPS&%^&%@*%!!!”

Probably the same people who thought Complex was a good idea.

> Probably the same people who thought Complex was a good idea.

Ugh, at first I thought that map was good… then I started using my BR… I was so blind when I first started playing Halo 4