who still play halo 2 on the og xbox ?

i do and the memories flooded .

My original Xbox can’t read games anymore so I can only play it on MCC.

Man, haven’t done that in a while. Last time I did, I remember the lighting making legendary almost impossible. Especially on Quarantine Zone.

Another worthwhile question is, who’s played CE on the OG xbox recently? With CE:A and MCC both using the Gearbox port, the original game is kinda being lost to time.

I’ve been enjoying CE again on the OG Xbox. My quest to complete all the campaigns on Legendary (again) has lead me to backtrack to my recently rebuilt 2001 behemoth (RIP my saves) and attempt blasting through CE and 2 in their original format. I’m only using the duke for CE though. My hands are big enough but the slant on the ABXY button’s placement is… irksome. So I’m opting to use the smaller controller once I get through these MF flood in the library and make it to Halo 2.

so i wasn’t able to play halo 1 and 2 on the og xbox because we didn’t have one but we had an xbox 360 where they were backwards compatible when that brock about 6 years later i bought a og xbox i went backwards instead of forwards i don’t regret it.

> 2533274818979481;3:
> Man, haven’t done that in a while. Last time I did, I remember the lighting making legendary almost impossible. Especially on Quarantine Zone.
>
> Another worthwhile question is, who’s played CE on the OG xbox recently? With CE:A and MCC both using the Gearbox port, the original game is kinda being lost to time.

Like you I play CE (when I do play it) on the OG Xbox. It is different and is being lost I wish more people knew about it. I also play Halo 2 on the OG Xbox. I don’t know why but I personally like playing the games on the systems they were released on as I still mostly play Halo 3 on my actual 360 as opposed to BC. MCC is great in a lot of ways but for some reason to me all the games feel better in their original format.

I don’t have an OG Xbox anymore but I played through CE on Xbox360, but I don’t think it plays the same on 360 as it does on OG Xbox.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I know for sure it’s not the same cuz back in the day I used to be able to shoot down a banshee on Assault on the Control room, but that trick doesn’t work on the 360 for some reason…

I still play Halo 2 on the original Xbox about once a month or so. I’ve been hosting LAN parties and tournaments since I was a kid. Over the years, I’ve started a collection of original Xbox consoles and controllers so it’s easy to call up some friends and setup a night to LAN Halo 2 like the good ol’ days.

I would be if my xbox’s optical drive didn’t poop out.

I occasionally play Halo 2 for Vista on a Win 7 PC. Still love the plot and design but those graphics were underwhelming even when new. And also it was the only way to earn achievements in Halo 2 until the MCC came out.