Who should direct the inevitable Halo movie?

My pick: JJ Abrams.(Star Trek, Force Awakens)

Maybe Alfonso Curaon (Children of Men, HP 3, Gravity).

Although Christopher Nolan would be incredible.

And lets not forget Peter Jackson, or Neil Blomkamp (District 9, originally planned to do it)

Thoughts?

I’d say give it to Blomkamp. He called first dibs.

> 2535473152030881;2:
> I’d say give it to Blomkamp. He called first dibs.

Think it was Peter Jackson that first had rights (blomkamp was his underling) Jackson was the producer of landfall. That’s why when the movie deal fell through, Peter gave him 30k to make district 9 with the help of wingnut who produced props already.

Producers hold more of the decision making. While directors are more artistic.

I would get Spielberg to produce a Spartans / marines origin. As Spielberg’s films often deal with several recurring themes of ordinary characters searching for or coming in contact with extraordinary beings or finding themselves in extraordinary circumstances.

Otherwise my dream is…

Christopher Nolan, as his work explores existential, ethical and epistemological themes such as subjective experience, distortion of memory, human morality, the nature of time, and construction of personal identity. All of which are themes that have popped up in halo. Nolan wouldn’t be afraid to tell the story of John 117s being emotionally disturbed and morally ambiguous, facing the fears and anxieties of loneliness, guilt; in addition to the larger themes of corruption and conspiracy in the UNSC. By grounding the halo universe into “everyday neurosis – our everyday sort of fears and hopes for ourselves” in a heightened reality, Nolan makes them more accessible to a universal audience. Cause that’s the only reason 343 make films… more fans and to keep the ones they have.

That and he can communicate his intensions to those paying for the movie so big disagreements about the nature of what the thing should be are had right on day one of putting the script together rather than when you’re actually shooting the film or editing the film.

Wes Anderson ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

> 2533274883669557;4:
> Wes Anderson ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

too soon too soon :smiley: Bu I don’t want 343 and MS to hand the rights over to some -Yoink- studio to do with it as they please. Game studios now are building their own production studios such as UbiSoft, Activision, and Blizzard where they are the ones making the movie. I would want 343 and MS to make their own production studio so they can make the movies (they have the money). Brien Goodrich seems to have a background in films, and directs the cinematics greatly. I would have him direct the film.

Uve Boll

> 2533274800842897;6:
> Uve Boll

Not in a 100 Googolplex years. 0_0

I’d want either Joss Whedon or Christopher Nolan to direct a Halo movie.

Didn’t even consider Joss Whedon, he would be fantastic too! Although Avengers: Age of Ultron kind of broke him apparently

> 2533274897897623;7:
> > 2533274800842897;6:
> > Uve Boll
>
>
> Not in a 100 Googolplex years. 0_0

Uve Boll makes game movies…

LMAO

> 2533274852187545;9:
> Didn’t even consider Joss Whedon, he would be fantastic too! Although Avengers: Age of Ultron kind of broke him apparently

He sure has fallen, a big reason behind his fall being his involvement with a certain group…

Also, somewhat on topic, what’s the status of Spielberg’s Halo TV series? All I can find is updates from months ago talking about how it’s still in the works… but those are months ago.

I wouldn’t call it inevitable. We’ve been hearing rumors and chasing ghosts on this for years.

how about no one because halo doesn’t need a movie since Video game movies are still not doing great. plus the TV show pretty much negates the need for a movie (even though we still know nothing about it.

George Lucas

JJ Abrams has shown that he can handle large scifi universes, which puts him in good stead.
James Cameron is also a good choice if you look at his history, but he would probably be too busey with his Avatar sequals for a while.
Sam Mendes directed the last two Bond movies, say what you will about Specter, Skyfall was great.
With the likes of Stargate, Indipendence Day and The Day After Tomorrow, Roland Emmerich looks good.

However, it will likely be that they will get an unknown director and have them guided by several big producers.

> 2533274852187545;9:
> Didn’t even consider Joss Whedon, he would be fantastic too! Although Avengers: Age of Ultron kind of broke him apparently

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (obviously not relatable to Halo but a terrific production nonetheless)? Firefly? Whedon would kick -Yoink- at this.

James Cameron Definitely, because he directed great sci fi movies like Aliens and Avatar. He would do Halo justice. He could make it into the modern day Aliens.

Spielberg or Zack Snyder.

Is it inevitable though? Video game to movie adaptations always seem to go awry.

JJ Abrams James Cameron and joss whedon as the holy trinity of creation and then to add the darker feel have Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder as producers the halo moves would be amazing in my opinion.