Who should compose the music for Halo infinite ?

Due to the fact he has done the tracks for both Halo Spartan Assault and Strike, do you think Tom Salta should be able to have a shot at the main title ? Personally, I think he should as a good majority of his music really captures that Halo feel to me. But, that’s my opinion and i’m more than happy to hear yours !

I haven’t played either of those games so I can’t comment on that, but I think Marty should. Unfortunately he’s working at another studio after Bungie fired him, was really hoping he would’ve went to 343i but oh well. Also even if he was free to do it, he should only if he wants to. No passion = no good music.

I don’t mind whoever does it as long as they have respect for the game they’re working on and don’t treat it like just another job. Your suggestion of Tom Salta is a good one. Expanding that a bit, all the people that have worked on Anniversary sountracks have done a stellar job. I know not everyone likes it, but H2A’s soundtrack is my favorite alongside the original.

> 2533275031939856;2:
> I haven’t played either of those games so I can’t comment on that, but I think Marty should. Unfortunately he’s working at another studio after Bungie fired him, was really hoping he would’ve went to 343i but oh well. Also even if he was free to do it, he should only if he wants to. No passion = no good music.

I do miss Marty’s work, he did so well composing the music for the series.

Yes please back Marty. He’s GOAT when it comes to Halo music. Offer him a position as audio director, 343!

> 2533274804182731;5:
> Yes please back Marty. He’s GOAT when it comes to Halo music. Offer him a position as audio director, 343!

I agree with you on him being Halo’s GOAT. But he has his own studio that’s working on its own game at the moment so I don’t think he’d be likely to accept an offer if one was even sent his way. But hey, no complaints at all if an offer is extended and accepted.

> 2533275031939856;2:
> I haven’t played either of those games so I can’t comment on that, but I think Marty should. Unfortunately he’s working at another studio after Bungie fired him, was really hoping he would’ve went to 343i but oh well. Also even if he was free to do it, he should only if he wants to. No passion = no good music.

The last time he was asked about it, he said something about needing to be asked first, so it seems he was willing, but 343i never really asked him, or they waited until it was too late. That’s just speculation of course, but i don’t think there were any objections on his end. That said, i’m pretty sure Kaz is still doing it. If not, get Bear McCreary on the phone ASAP.

> 2533274960439808;7:
> > 2533275031939856;2:
> > I haven’t played either of those games so I can’t comment on that, but I think Marty should. Unfortunately he’s working at another studio after Bungie fired him, was really hoping he would’ve went to 343i but oh well. Also even if he was free to do it, he should only if he wants to. No passion = no good music.
>
> The last time he was asked about it, he said something about needing to be asked first, so it seems he was willing, but 343i never really asked him, or they waited until it was too late. That’s just speculation of course, but i don’t think there were any objections on his end. That said, i’m pretty sure Kaz is still doing it. If not, get Bear McCreary on the phone ASAP.

That’s good to hear he’s willing, maybe for future games beyond H6 they could get him given he would be free.

Kaz left 343i a little while back. We know he’s done at least some of the H6 soundtrack, just don’t know how much.

Who is Bear McCreary?

> 2533275031939856;8:
> > 2533274960439808;7:
> > > 2533275031939856;2:
> > > I haven’t played either of those games so I can’t comment on that, but I think Marty should. Unfortunately he’s working at another studio after Bungie fired him, was really hoping he would’ve went to 343i but oh well. Also even if he was free to do it, he should only if he wants to. No passion = no good music.
> >
> > The last time he was asked about it, he said something about needing to be asked first, so it seems he was willing, but 343i never really asked him, or they waited until it was too late. That’s just speculation of course, but i don’t think there were any objections on his end. That said, i’m pretty sure Kaz is still doing it. If not, get Bear McCreary on the phone ASAP.
>
> That’s good to hear he’s willing, maybe for future games beyond H6 they could get him given he would be free.
>
> Kaz left 343i a little while back. We know he’s done at least some of the H6 soundtrack, just don’t know how much.

Kaz works as a freelancer, however that doesn’t mean 343i hasn’t or can’t still make use of his talents.

> Who is Bear McCreary?

You don’t know Bear McCreary!?!?

> 2533274960439808;9:
> > 2533275031939856;8:
> > > 2533274960439808;7:
> > > > 2533275031939856;2:
> > > > I haven’t played either of those games so I can’t comment on that, but I think Marty should. Unfortunately he’s working at another studio after Bungie fired him, was really hoping he would’ve went to 343i but oh well. Also even if he was free to do it, he should only if he wants to. No passion = no good music.
> > >
> > > The last time he was asked about it, he said something about needing to be asked first, so it seems he was willing, but 343i never really asked him, or they waited until it was too late. That’s just speculation of course, but i don’t think there were any objections on his end. That said, i’m pretty sure Kaz is still doing it. If not, get Bear McCreary on the phone ASAP.
> >
> > That’s good to hear he’s willing, maybe for future games beyond H6 they could get him given he would be free.
> >
> > Kaz left 343i a little while back. We know he’s done at least some of the H6 soundtrack, just don’t know how much.
>
> Kaz works as a freelancer, however that doesn’t mean 343i hasn’t or can’t still make use of his talents.
>
>
>
>
> > Who is Bear McCreary?
>
> You don’t know Bear McCreary!?!?

Ah I see, so Kaz’s “title” has changed but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s gone gone? I could’ve sworn I saw a tweet from him or someone at 343i saying he was leaving for something new and was thanking/getting thanked for the work he’s done at 343i, maybe I’m remembering wrong.

I haven’t played the new GoW yet but I’ve heard very good things about the soundtrack. I’ve played all the other GoW’s though, did he do those as well? Microsoft has been making a habit of stealing Sony talent in the past year so I wouldn’t rule it out haha

> 2533275031939856;10:
> > 2533274960439808;9:
> > > 2533275031939856;8:
> > > > 2533274960439808;7:
> > > > > 2533275031939856;2:
> > > > > I haven’t played either of those games so I can’t comment on that, but I think Marty should. Unfortunately he’s working at another studio after Bungie fired him, was really hoping he would’ve went to 343i but oh well. Also even if he was free to do it, he should only if he wants to. No passion = no good music.
> > > >
> > > > The last time he was asked about it, he said something about needing to be asked first, so it seems he was willing, but 343i never really asked him, or they waited until it was too late. That’s just speculation of course, but i don’t think there were any objections on his end. That said, i’m pretty sure Kaz is still doing it. If not, get Bear McCreary on the phone ASAP.

> 2533275031939856;10:
> Ah I see, so Kaz’s “title” has changed but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s gone gone? I could’ve sworn I saw a tweet from him or someone at 343i saying he was leaving for something new and was thanking/getting thanked for the work he’s done at 343i, maybe I’m remembering wrong.
>
> I haven’t played the new GoW yet but I’ve heard very good things about the soundtrack. I’ve played all the other GoW’s though, did he do those as well? Microsoft has been making a habit of stealing Sony talent in the past year so I wouldn’t rule it out haha

Tweet:
After an amazing 7-year ride, today is my last day at 343 Industries as an in-house composer. I’m becoming a freelancer and starting a new chapter of my adventure. HUGE thank you to Halo and the community for letting me do what I love! I wouldn’t be what I am without you."-Kazuma

I think it’d be awesome and slightly emotional if Marty came back :’) The other composers did a phenomenal job as well though.

Since it’s very unlikely that Marty O’Donnell will ever return to halo I’d like to see Tom Salta (The composer for spartan assault) to take over. The music in that game really sounds like halo but also new at the same time. If he were to compose I think he would know what made halos music great and probably bring back some fan favorites but also giving us great new ones.

Here’s a link to probably my favorite of spartan assault song:

Halo: Spartan Assault [Original Soundtrack] - Legacy - YouTube.

> 2533275031939856;10:
> > 2533274960439808;9:
> > > 2533275031939856;8:
> > > > 2533274960439808;7:
> > > > > 2533275031939856;2:
> > > > > I haven’t played either of those games so I can’t comment on that, but I think Marty should. Unfortunately he’s working at another studio after Bungie fired him, was really hoping he would’ve went to 343i but oh well. Also even if he was free to do it, he should only if he wants to. No passion = no good music.
> > > >
> > > > The last time he was asked about it, he said something about needing to be asked first, so it seems he was willing, but 343i never really asked him, or they waited until it was too late. That’s just speculation of course, but i don’t think there were any objections on his end. That said, i’m pretty sure Kaz is still doing it. If not, get Bear McCreary on the phone ASAP.
>
> Ah I see, so Kaz’s “title” has changed but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s gone gone? I could’ve sworn I saw a tweet from him or someone at 343i saying he was leaving for something new and was thanking/getting thanked for the work he’s done at 343i, maybe I’m remembering wrong.

I suppose i should be a bit more clear; as the person above said, yes Kaz did leave 343i as an in-house composer. I’m simply saying that he could still be completing his work on Infinite and beyond even as a freelancer. 343i never announced a replacement composer, and if they ever do hire Marty, it would also be as an independent contractor.

> I haven’t played the new GoW yet but I’ve heard very good things about the soundtrack. I’ve played all the other GoW’s though, did he do those as well? Microsoft has been making a habit of stealing Sony talent in the past year so I wouldn’t rule it out haha

If anything, at the very least listen to the score, it’s brilliant. Although, it obviously won’t hold the same weight without context. I don’t believe he ever worked on the other GoW games, however he did compose music for Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead.

To my honest opinion the person that made halo in the good old bungie days martin o’donnel

Marty!

I am really crossing my fingers for 343 getting in touch with Marty, if not to compose then at least to supervise!
Having him help get the soundtrack back on track, would be absolutely legendary!

The likelihood of Marty coming back is probably close to 0. He has his own studio now - HighWire Games - who are making a PSVR game at the moment. Worth giving a watch to the latest video he shared on youTube, an interview for BEEP. He seems pretty content doing what he’s doing right now

> 2533274932512744;12:
> Since it’s very unlikely that Marty O’Donnell will ever return to halo I’d like to see Tom Salta (The composer for spartan assault) to take over. The music in that game really sounds like halo but also new at the same time. If he were to compose I think he would know what made halos music great and probably bring back some fan favorites but also giving us great new ones.
>
> Here’s a link to probably my favorite of spartan assault song:
>
> Halo: Spartan Assault [Original Soundtrack] - Legacy - YouTube.

I have a feeling they may go to Tom Salta for the Soundtrack on Halo Infinite. I forgot he also worked on Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary with various others as well.

> 2533274883624877;18:
> > 2533274932512744;12:
> > Since it’s very unlikely that Marty O’Donnell will ever return to halo I’d like to see Tom Salta (The composer for spartan assault) to take over. The music in that game really sounds like halo but also new at the same time. If he were to compose I think he would know what made halos music great and probably bring back some fan favorites but also giving us great new ones.
> >
> > Here’s a link to probably my favorite of spartan assault song:
> >
> > Halo: Spartan Assault [Original Soundtrack] - Legacy - YouTube.
>
> I have a feeling they may go to Tom Salta for the Soundtrack on Halo Infinite. I forgot he also worked on Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary with various others as well.

Yeah i forgot to mention that but he worked on both CE anniversary and halo 2 anniversary so it’s obvious that he knows what makes halo music great.

It would be sick if Mick Gordon(The man who composed Doom 2016 and soon to be Doom Eternal’s music) composed the music, but I also would love the classic music to make a comeback.