Who misses LAN Parties? I do

Hello Halo Community.

I’m reaching out too all of you in hopes to get a title update for Halo 5 Guardians for System Link. How many of you miss setting up a big LAN Party or going to one. They use to be tons of fun. Having everyone under one roof and getting hyped over some Halo 2/3 or 4 for the new kids coming in. Halo 5 is very possible of having the ability to do system link. No it does not need dedicated servers to host and play which is a lie. H5 Beta was done with P2P services and minimal dedicated servers for others if you were lucky. My hopes is to show how strongly we as a community want to see System Link come back for Halo 5 and want it back. I hope everyone has a great new years and see you in the Arena.

It’s not just about LAN parties. System linking co-op is far more stable and lag free than doing it online. I hate suffering laggy co-op games with people sitting right next to me, or a whole co-op session going out the window because the internet or XBL dropped out.

I mean in all fairness playing Halo 5 online co-op with players in different houses is much better on dedi’s than previous Halo’s p2p. That is the only benefit though. My online MP experience seems pretty similar, especially being a UK and not a US player.

The Cloud does not replace LAN support in any way.

Not to mention you cant access any of the multiplayer (including co-op) if you arent connected to 343i servers or XBL…

inb4 “They need to add split screen first” - because, yes… they do.

> 2547348539238747;2:
> It’s not just about LAN parties. System linking co-op is far more stable and lag free than doing it online. I hate suffering laggy co-op games with people sitting right next to me, or a whole co-op session going out the window because the internet or XBL dropped out.
>
> I mean in all fairness playing Halo 5 online co-op with players in different houses is much better on dedi’s than previous Halo’s p2p. That is the only benefit though. My online MP experience seems pretty similar, especially being a UK and not a US player.
>
> The Cloud does not replace LAN support in any way.

I’m not saying get rid of Dedi at all but at least give us the ability to have System Link back where we always wanted. Its a simple Title Update ( Patch ) they would have to work in to give us this back. I currently live in Korea and playing with my friends back in the states on Dedi servers is 100% love so I know where you are coming from with the whole UK thing. I feel your pain for all the past experiences.

> 2535435936812220;3:
> Not to mention you cant access any of the multiplayer (including co-op) if you arent connected to 343i servers or XBL…
>
> inb4 “They need to add split screen first” - because, yes… they do.

Split screens would be another nice things to have back as well. Nothing like having some screen lockers over at your house to ruin some friendships haha

Just did a halo party not too long ago, and have another one planned for this coming Saturday. Using the MCC of coarse because not everyone has an Xbox so we need split screens. Even with the game being in a mostly functioning state it is still so much more of a hassle because you cant just do it anywhere. You need a decent internet connection, and we used a Business class Cisco Switch we borrowed from work haha. I mean back in the CE/2 days in High School we used a generic 4 port hub, and some ethernet cables that was the end of it. Now I have to have my network admin program a cisco switch!!! da -Yoink- man…

Not trying to say this is a bad idea, because it isn’t.

But if you want to LAN it (with split screen) then why wouldn’t you just get a bunch of 360s together and play H3 or Reach or H4?

Sadly I think the days of system link are over. I had a lot of fun playing at peoples houses / using XLink to play CE and 2 before Live came around. I just think with the always online approach theyre taking with these consoles, system link is pointless.

No split screen was the nail and then we learned no system link. That was the hammer. We still do the old games on the older system (MCC is a joke because we have to go through Live and the lag makes us crazy) at our get togethers.

Here’s to hoping new Halo hotness will be at these parties when 6 is released!

> 2533274873843883;7:
> Not trying to say this is a bad idea, because it isn’t.
>
> But if you want to LAN it (with split screen) then why wouldn’t you just get a bunch of 360s together and play H3 or Reach or H4?

Because we are playing HALO 5

> 2533274873843883;7:
> Not trying to say this is a bad idea, because it isn’t.
>
> But if you want to LAN it (with split screen) then why wouldn’t you just get a bunch of 360s together and play H3 or Reach or H4?

I want system link for Halo 5 tho. I can always go grab bunch of 360s and tv and have other bring there I have a 48 port cisco switch…They can make this happen just gotta show them that we want it back.

> 2533274824239226;6:
> Just did a halo party not too long ago, and have another one planned for this coming Saturday. Using the MCC of coarse because not everyone has an Xbox so we need split screens. Even with the game being in a mostly functioning state it is still so much more of a hassle because you cant just do it anywhere. You need a decent internet connection, and we used a Business class Cisco Switch we borrowed from work haha. I mean back in the CE/2 days in High School we used a generic 4 port hub, and some ethernet cables that was the end of it. Now I have to have my network admin program a cisco switch!!! da -Yoink- man…

I feel your pain, I have a Cisco 3900 Series switch can’t even use it for system link anymore…That’s once expensive switch going to waste :frowning:

It pisses me off because this feels like tool that microsoft used to pigeonhole people into getting xbox live subscriptions. LAN needs to come back. Not next game, NOW. Halo MCC, and Halo 5 need this update.

I agree, an offline mode is NEEDED.

I couldn’t even play custom games with friends yesterday because the servers were down.

We honestly need to demand it. There is no good reason to take out such BASIC functionality. EVERY major multiplayer games supports LAN. And with Xbox live going down every other day it seems, I see less and less value in that subscription.

I say if 343 does not add this functionality to MCC, and Halo 5, I WILL NOT buy another halo game ever again, and WILL NOT renew my xbox live subscription either. If enough of us say enough of this Sh*t, they will get the message. It just may need to hit them in the wallet first, just like with Kinect. I have a PC, and great PC game library at that. I don’t need an Xbox, but I would like to continue to support a business that listens to us, instead of trying to screw us.