Who like to see Unearthed in matchmaking?

I was playing fire fight earlier and the layout of Unearthed I think would be awesome for MatchMaking. It’s so varied and the layout of it I think resembles Zanzibar.

If the conveyor belt could be switched on from within game (like the gate on Zanzibar) it could add an outside influence to the game in the sense that if a flag carrier got shot on it the flag would continue to move toward the capture point.

The Map is huge and I think it’s wasted in Fire fight due to the fact that most people try to sit back and defend an onslaught rather than go and attack.

It would work for most game types Slayer, Assault and definitely CTF. And the map is large enough to support big team games too.

Who agree’s with me? Or am I just dreaming lol.

I had the same idea smoe aspects would have to be changed though such as the amount of seemingly empty uselless rooms.

If you notice many of the matchmaking maps, they try to be symmetrical as possible, as I’m visualising Unearthed, I can’t see one thing symmetrical. Therefore it’s only purpose in matchmaking would be possibly One Flag, or One Bomb.

> If you notice many of the matchmaking maps, they try to be symmetrical as possible, as I’m visualising Unearthed, I can’t see one thing symmetrical. Therefore it’s only purpose in matchmaking would be possibly One Flag, or One Bomb.

What are you talking about? Of the 13 default maps in the game right now, only 4 of them are symmetrical. And they are countdown, zealot, Anchor 9 and Tempest. Do you even know what symmetrical means?

> > If you notice many of the matchmaking maps, they try to be symmetrical as possible, as I’m visualising Unearthed, I can’t see one thing symmetrical. Therefore it’s only purpose in matchmaking would be possibly One Flag, or One Bomb.
>
> What are you talking about? Of the 13 default maps in the game right now, only 4 of them are symmetrical. And they are countdown, zealot, Anchor 9 and Tempest. Do you even know what symmetrical means?

Sorry, it’s probably the wrong word for what I mean. They both have roughly the same design as the other side of the map. Take Countdown for instance. Thats what I meant.

> > > If you notice many of the matchmaking maps, they try to be symmetrical as possible, as I’m visualising Unearthed, I can’t see one thing symmetrical. Therefore it’s only purpose in matchmaking would be possibly One Flag, or One Bomb.
> >
> > What are you talking about? Of the 13 default maps in the game right now, only 4 of them are symmetrical. And they are countdown, zealot, Anchor 9 and Tempest. Do you even know what symmetrical means?
>
> Sorry, it’s probably the wrong word for what I mean. They both have roughly the same design as the other side of the map. Take Countdown for instance. Thats what I meant.

Countdown is like that because it IS symmetrical. You are not seriously going to tell me that Boneyard or Spire are anything close to what your original post described.

One Flag on Overlook would be fun.

I think I remember Jeremiah saying it was impossible but who knows? I am in favor of it especially for FFA or some objective and some LD.

Unearthed itself doesn’t have a good setup for multiplayer, although it would still translate better than just about all the other FF maps (I think Waterfront would do okay, if the empty land space around the edges was trimmed a bit). If 343i must keep firefight in for Halo 4, and we have no reason to believe they won’t, it might be cool to have 3 or 4 maps in the draw that can double as both multiplayer and firefight (maybe altered or downsized/blown up versions depending on which mode). Although I really wouldn’t want to compromise the quality of the multiplayer aspect.

Honestly I still think that Chasm 10 from ODST would make a great Multiplayer map.