Who let an 8 year old design the new slayer maps?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Honestly , the maps in Halo 5 and even Halo 4 have never been my favorite and pale in comparison to anything Bungie ever made. But they weren’t horrifically awful…until now. Take Pegasus for example it really wasn’t that bad of a map, pretty well balanced even, one of the better ones. But what I’m the heck is Pegasus II? It’s awful I mean it’s just looks like they added things for the heck of it. Frankly a lot of the maps 343 have been coming out with or editing have been just a hodgepodge. I don’t know maybe I just don’t see the hidden genius in these maps what do you guys think?

I think they improved it from the original but I still don’t like it all that much.

Pegasus II happened cuz the original sucked, same for Orion, yet they still suck.

need more detail besides “they look bad” to really discuss what the issue is.

personally I’m not even about the aesthetics of a map, I care more about how they play, and many of them have to much openness to them where you’re -Yoinked!- if you’re caught in it, some have to many sightlines, some have to much clutter, some have to many entry points (credit if the abilities). The forge maps in specific also carry more frame issues than the originals.

edit: I will however give 343 credit on making symmetrical maps, they’re the best maps halo can have and they’re under used in most games these days.

I agree, a bit, have a feeling this thread is going to get locked.

What I would like to see in Arena is get rid of the remixes in general. Take plaza, it’s alright if you like those enclosed type maps do we really need a swampy version called overgrowth? Torque, one of my favorite maps with all kinds of things going on a style of map I expected in H5, do we really need a snow covered frozen version of it? We need some more diverse maps in Arena. Where is some Sanghelios themed maps? Or put the anniversary throwback maps into rotation, get rid of CE pistol starts of course though.

I can name you more than a few garbage Bungie maps, and more than a few outstanding 343 maps - some of which you probably even thought were made by Bungie because they were in Reach.

I’m not trying to defend any of the forge maps in this game because they’re largely indefensible on aesthetic grounds alone. I don’t even care if they play well or badly - they look terrible and there’s no excuse for that when they have the most powerful forge ever at their disposal.

But please, let go of the whole “Bungie awesome, 343 sux” nonsense.

> 2533274972430429;4:
> I agree, a bit, have a feeling this thread is going to get locked.

Probably, monitors have been rampant lately…

> 2533274905191374;7:
> > 2533274972430429;4:
> > I agree, a bit, have a feeling this thread is going to get locked.
>
> Probably, monitors have been rampant lately…

I think they are cracking down on the negative content - zero tolerance policy.

> 2533274972430429;8:
> > 2533274905191374;7:
> > > 2533274972430429;4:
> > > I agree, a bit, have a feeling this thread is going to get locked.
> >
> > Probably, monitors have been rampant lately…
>
> I think they are cracking down on the negative content - zero tolerance policy.

That’s not a thing. Rules against nonconstructive posting exist. But not negative posts. The only thing this thread has a chance of getting locked for is the title. Otherwise, it seems to be within forum rules.

> 2535437652903765;9:
> > 2533274972430429;8:
> > > 2533274905191374;7:
> > > > 2533274972430429;4:
> > > > I agree, a bit, have a feeling this thread is going to get locked.
> > >
> > > Probably, monitors have been rampant lately…
> >
> > I think they are cracking down on the negative content - zero tolerance policy.
>
> That’s not a thing. Rules against nonconstructive posting exist. But not negative posts. The only thing this thread has a chance of getting locked for is the title. Otherwise, it seems to be within forum rules.

I don’t know, if someone criticizing your work I think I would prevent people from commenting. I’ve seen lots of rants being taken down, even though the title was fine. Doesn’t matter, I’m off to bed ciao!

Pegasus and Orion feel like they have less texture then most CE maps, they feel like they are being played on an older console, especially when compared to most of the new maps.

Also the balance in Orion is so weird, blue side starts with Hydra and a level path to the sniper rifle. Red has to go up the broken grav lift and I do not think the shotgun gives an offset to red in a map that spread out with so many open sniper points and spots where the hydra can lock on from a distance. (Yes the cover limits the hydras range but still I hate being red in that map)

> 2533274972430429;10:
> > 2535437652903765;9:
> > > 2533274972430429;8:
> > > > 2533274905191374;7:
> > > > > 2533274972430429;4:
> > > > > I agree, a bit, have a feeling this thread is going to get locked.
> > > >
> > > > Probably, monitors have been rampant lately…
> > >
> > > I think they are cracking down on the negative content - zero tolerance policy.
> >
> > That’s not a thing. Rules against nonconstructive posting exist. But not negative posts. The only thing this thread has a chance of getting locked for is the title. Otherwise, it seems to be within forum rules.
>
> I don’t know, if someone criticizing your work I think I would prevent people from commenting. I’ve seen lots of rants being taken down, even though the title was fine. Doesn’t matter, I’m off to bed ciao!

That’s because they are rants. Flat out raging is against the rules. Even if the title seems fine, if the content isn’t, then a lock will be coming. If the content of the thread is fine, and the title isn’t, I assume it depends on how the monitors view it.

But that’s just me. I’m not a forum monitor, so I can’t really say for sure.

As for the original topic:

I always found Pegasus to just be an annoying map in general. Didn’t like the original. Haven’t been able to play on II, but I doubt I’ll like it.

I don’t mind most of the Halo 5 slayer maps. As for Pegasus I haven’t played the new one all that much, but it seems to be a improvement.

Halo 5 has some mediocre maps like Pegasus yes, but it also has its share of good ones. My favorite map in halo 5 is Coliseum and it’s one of 343’s best original maps, plus plaza is a really good asymmetrical map and so is The Rig. I also like stasis a lot and while I know that isn’t a popular opinion, its just something I like.

mastergamer015, deserteagle2, & EMPEROR NOVA01, this is a friendly reminder that discussing forum moderation is against the rules.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Happy Haloing!