Who Is Your Favorite Character?

Who is your favorite character in the Halo 5 Guardians campaign and why? They are all so cool, and the story line is intriguing. This is why videogames are the best type of storytelling method.

Locke or buck I don’t know why I like Locke it’s just he seems like an interesting character and buck is funny

Buck was until i started using him for announcements… couple months later not so much

In H5 it would have to be the arbiter. In any other Halo, Johnson takes #1.

I may have not played Halo 5, but I know most, if not all the characters in the game. Of all Halos, Chief is my favorite, but if it has to be other characters, I say Locke. He has a lot of potential which was wasted because Halo 5 was written by a comic book writer. But I can see him having his own spin-off game. I think it would expand on his character a lot.

And then, Blue Team. I just don’t get the hate behind Blue Team in the game. They’ve always been in Halo cannon, even when Bungie was around, so being able to finally play as other Spartan IIs sounds more like an opportunity than a waste. Especially since they threat Chief with respect, obedience and like family. The story might have been bad, but the fact that they decided to follow Chief even tho he went AWOL just shows their loyalty and further shows how they’re connected like a family (makes sense since they’ve known each other since the age of 6).

My favorite character is going to have to be cheif because of how much he has had to go through to get to this point just to loose the person closed to him TWICE.

No one will replace Sergeant Johnson :sleepy:

> 2533274805919869;7:
> No one will replace Sergeant Johnson :sleepy:

It’s your favorite character from Halo 5…

Gah, who am I kidding. Thumbs up for the ladies man!

locke for sure

Asides from Chief because of his legacy, I’ll say Jameson Locke. Interesting character IMO. Shame though that his character development wasn’t flesh out.

The Arbiter or Buck, long live H2, H3, and H3 ODST

Buck. Without him, Halo 5 Guardians would have no sort of comedy/be taken serious, and would have a dark tone most of the time

> 2533274989469309;12:
> Buck. Without him, Halo 5 Guardians would have no sort of comedy/be taken serious, and would have a dark tone most of the time

Every halo had it in halo ce-3 it was Johnson in halo ODST and 5 it was buck in reach it was Emile honorable mentions will be Mr. Grunt

> 2535412590535662;1:
> Who is your favorite character in the Halo 5 Guardians campaign and why? They are all so cool, and the story line is intriguing. This is why videogames are the best type of storytelling method.

Buck or the Arbiter, probably. Even though Arby’s inclusion did kinda feel like fanservicey, I think they handled his character decently, his new armour looks incredible and the idea of the Swords of Sanghellios is insanely cool. I also love the way his relationship with Chief is portrayed, from the way he describes Chief you really do get the sense that Arby strongly respects him and considers him a close friend. As for Buck, I don’t like how they removed a lot of his depth and effectively reduced him to a designated ‘funny one’, but at the same time he’s still one of the most entertaining and charismatic characters. He had potential to be a great foil for Locke- if they had portrayed Locke as a faceless ONI spook who blindly follows orders and Buck as a cynical veteran who distrusts ONI and disagrees with their actions, there could have been some interesting conflict between them. Regardless, he still brings a lot of character to the missions. Some of his lines are pretty bad (‘If God can hear how scared I am, so can everyone else’) but overall I think his witticisms are still pretty charming and he’s easily the best of the 8 spartans across Blue Team and Osiris.
(Side note, can someone explain the ‘If God can hear how scared I am’ line? It just seems completely nonsensical to me and I have no idea what it’s supposed to mean. Do I just not get it or is it actually a completely meaningless line?)

Tanaka.
Because the story arc she got in escalation showed that she is a person that does everything necessarily to save the ones around her.

Buck. I would have said Chief but…we barely saw him.