Who is sick of all the community maps in Team Slayer?

So who is tired of all the community maps taking over Team Slayer? I personally feel that the community maps need to have their own playlist because that is all you see now.

To me a few of the maps are really not that good; but that is my opinion. I just think that people would be more happier having them both on different playlists.

I even have my own maps that I been trying to get into matchmaking, but having it in a community playlist would still make me happy because everyone would be able to play on them. I have posted about my maps before and had 1 person give me what they didn’t like on it, but that is one person. The people who have played on the maps really liked them compared to some of the maps already in Team Slayer.

I personally don’t play in Team Slayer anymore because half the maps are community maps. Nothing against the creators of the maps, but having them in the same playlist is just stupid.

Yeah i think that Bungie leaned on forge WAY to much and just didnt make enough maps. Some times I like them and other times I HATE the forge maps. I hope in Halo 4 they will make enough maps and not depend on forge as much, but if they do forge will have to be VASTLY improved to equal a real map.

Its starting to annoy me too, though some of the forged ones are better than the original maps which were shipped with the game (Mt lam lam on big team, and a couple of others on team slayer, forgot their names). I’d rather they just put them all into a community slayer gametype (Except for big team. Keep the community maps in big team).

Most of the community maps play better then the Bungie made ones.

> Most of the community maps play better then the Bungie made ones.

this

if anything I want more community maps, not less
cough living dead cough invasion cough

I think your right. I also feel that some of the game types need to be sub divided…such as in Big Team, I don’t like CTF, But I want to play big team. if these were separated into sub groups of big team, I would be more willing to play it.

abridged is awesome though.

> > Most of the community maps play better then the Bungie made ones.
>
> this
>
> if anything I want more community maps, not less
> cough living dead cough invasion cough

if they include living dead than I want scary maps and good invasion maps.

More unique maps, Reach broke this tradition mainly because of the infinite options of forgeworld. What i didn’t like is that the MP maps severed as campaign levels and vice versa.

Reach’s DLC maps rock the house though, i have no complaints about them.

As for the community maps, I just play them though i have yet to play MT Lam Lam :(.

in some cases id like to see more community maps in playlists like invasion (for the the actual invasion game, not invasion slayer) and living dead (no more swordbase…ever) but in other cases id like to see them go in playlists like team slayer, i dont mind community maps, but i hate the crappily built ones that somehow make it into the playlists

> > Most of the community maps play better then the Bungie made ones.
>
> this
>
> if anything I want more community maps, not less
> cough living dead cough invasion cough

For as much as I love forge and forging maps, I can’t stand almost every single forged map in TS. There may be like 2 or 3 that I actually like (including Bungie’s own forged maps). I’m not sure what it is, I think it’s a combination of map design, color, and team stupidity that causes most forged maps to be just horrible.

I would love to see an Infection Forge boost. Because H3’s Infection was superb if for no other reason that the map/setting variations. As is I fear an invasion forge additions. Though that’s clearly my hatred of the forged maps in MM as is. Though I do think a good halfish of the BTB maps aren’t too bad.

> Because H3’s Infection was superb if for no other reason that the map/setting variations.

Personally, I think H3’s Infection playlist was better received because it was a once-in-a-month kind of thing, a novelty, if you will. As a general rule, if you have too much of something, then you get tired of it.

custom game matchmaking with a tag system so you can play what you want, nough said. This is what we all want 343

> > Because H3’s Infection was superb if for no other reason that the map/setting variations.
>
> Personally, I think H3’s Infection playlist was better received because it was a once-in-a-month kind of thing, a novelty, if you will. As a general rule, if you have too much of something, then you get tired of it.

Better recieved because it wasn’t always there…maybe. But as a playlist it was better because the maps weren’t the exact same as MM just without weapons spawns. It’s like playing TS with limited ammo and lives. Hardly fun and hardly complicated to know where’s the best place to camp on first spawn no matter the map. At least in 3 I had to learn an infection map when I would get to play a new one because I hadn’t seen it before even if it was on foundry or something.

I really enjoy seeing all you guys agreeing and hopefully they change this soon so we all can be happy!

OP, if you don’t like community maps, there is always Squad Slayer.

Team Slayer should be the playlist that allows 4 local players, not Squad Battle.

Squad Battle naturally has more competitive players due to the high weight of DMR starts.

Why pair 4 players together with a random on a team? Make the party size compliment the team size. 4 players local = 4 player team. Less grieving by bad players and quitters.

Also, the forge maps generally are better suited for 5v5 which further compliments things.

Team Slayer - Where people come together to dish it out among grey blocks strewn around a flower meadow.

Seriously though, it’s not the fault of the Forgers that they’re limited to grey blocks and the flower meadow. And it’s also not the fault of the Forgers that Bungie selected quite a few terrible maps for TS.

i’d want a community slayer playlist so that i can play on those maps, I hate all default maps other than powerhouse.