Who Is Pre-Ordering Halo 5/A Limited Edition?

When Halo 4 was on the verge of releasing, just about everyone was in agreement that it would be the game to take down Call of Duty and re-establish Halo as the “King of Xbox”.

Halo 4 was a flop.

To name a few flaws:
-It sold alright during the first week, but sales tanked soon afterwards.
-The population declined…and KEPT declining ever since.
-People didn’t like the changes 343 made and people made the switch to Black Ops 2.

Now, the Halo franchise is just a novelty. “It’s Halo”. The majority of people are just sticking around to see where Master Chief ends up, but it’s safe to say that the Halo people once loved is no more. Out of the 40+ people on my friends list (real life friends) who love Halo, NONE of them play Halo 4 for more than 30 minuets…a couple weeks.

My friends can’t be the only crowd like this, so I ask you this:

Will any of you invest in Halo 5 and 6?

What do I mean? I’m asking if you will you spend 100+ dollars on the games as they release.

I have friends who ended up spending $500.00+ on Halo 4 (Console, Controller, Limited Edition, etc) and they HATE themselves for it. Just about every day they think “Why did I spend all that”. To and extent, I see why they did. It was Master Chief. Halo Reach wasn’t quite what people had in mind, and when people saw that the Chief was back, they automatically thought Halo 4 would bring back the old times of Halo CE, 2, and 3. Once H4 came out, people stopped playing it within a week. People who dished out the big bucks.

So like I said, will any of you be buying the H5/6 consoles, LE controllers, Limited Editions, and all of that extra stuff?

Nope. After Halo 4 unless I get hands on experience on what I’m buying 343 aren’t going to see a penny from me.

At this point in time, I may be getting a PS4 before getting the Xbox Infinity (or whatever they decide to end up calling it). So I guess to answer your question, I more than likely won’t be preordering it UNTIL I see gameplay footage and details come out about how multiplayer will be structured. If I am pleased with how things are turning/turned out then I might buy the new Xbox just for Halo 5. However, after this last outing I’m not getting my hopes up.

People thought Halo4 was going to take down COD? its too big!!!
I will continue to invest, Im still down.

I will.

I will gladly buy the halo 5 limited edition, and a limited edition controller. Kudos if there is a limited edition new Xbox console out.

Ever since getting suckered into pre-ordering Aliens: Colonial Marines, I cannot in good faith pre-order anything. From now on, I’m just going to wait for reviews from both game critics and actual players before even pick up a copy of anything ever again.

Just screw pre-order bonuses and screw pre-orders, I don’t need them.

> Ever since getting suckered into pre-ordering Aliens: Colonial Marines, I cannot in good faith pre-order anything. From now on, I’m just going to wait for reviews from both game critics and actual players before even pick up a copy of anything ever again.
>
> Just screw pre-order bonuses and screw pre-orders, I don’t need them.

I agree with this mentality except for Halo. Everything else this year that has come and is coming, I have no preordered, including bioshock infinite, splinter cell blacklist, etc.

I loved the halo universe, I still do so I don’t see why I wouldn’t. I love the lore and the games, sure halo 4 could’ve been better, I have faith that 343i will do us loyal fans proud with the next installments. I mean, it’d be in their best interests wouldn’t it?

I won’t be buying Halo 5 until I have played it myself. Even then I will make sure to buy used so the money doesn’t go to 343. I preordered Halo Reach and Halo 4. I will never preorder another 343 game. Was severely disappointed.

I’m still trying to figure out where the extra money for this LE went…

LE’s and I have parted company.

As it stands I will not be pre ordering halo 5 unless there is a public beta which shows a marked improvement over Halo 4.

> At this point in time, I may be getting a PS4 before getting the Xbox Infinity (or whatever they decide to end up calling it). So I guess to answer your question, I more than likely won’t be preordering it UNTIL I see gameplay footage and details come out about how multiplayer will be structured. If I am pleased with how things are turning/turned out then I might buy the new Xbox just for Halo 5. However, after this last outing I’m not getting my hopes up.

Yeah, I don’t think I’m going to be getting the Nextbox either. Halo has been the only reason I have ever gotten any Xbox. But the way things are looking, I don’t see any reason to. If anything I would be more likely to buy a Wii U! Haha. Actually I think I’ll give up console gaming soon. I bought a $1600 computer, so PC gaming might just be my complete future.

> > Ever since getting suckered into pre-ordering Aliens: Colonial Marines, I cannot in good faith pre-order anything. From now on, I’m just going to wait for reviews from both game critics and actual players before even pick up a copy of anything ever again.
> >
> > Just screw pre-order bonuses and screw pre-orders, I don’t need them.
>
> I agree with this mentality except for Halo. Everything else this year that has come and is coming, I have no preordered, including bioshock infinite, splinter cell blacklist, etc.

It’s harder not pre-order franchises that you really care about. I’m tempted to pre-order GTA V just because I know with almost absolute certainty that it’s going to be a good game, and there is a strong possibility that my local retailer might run out of copies during the release.

Halo I’m on the fence about now. I pre-ordered Halo 4 on pure nostalgia and hopes that I could relive those moments that made Halo 2 and 3 so amazing. I was let down a little by the results, and until there is solid gameplay footage and real evidence that the next Halo game is going to be more “Halo-y” then I won’t pre-order it.

I probably won’t. I’ll rent Halo 5, and see how the campaign is, then try multiplayer. If I like the multiplayer, then I’ll buy it. Halo 4’s multiplayer was good until I noticed all the flaws.

> Nope. After Halo 4 unless I get hands on experience on what I’m buying 343 aren’t going to see a penny from me.

Mhm, that’s what they all say, and then next thing you, you check on those people and they preorder the console edition lol. Seriously, I know all of you can’t get enough of halo, the 1st gameplay that’s revealed, I swear nearly all of you will preorder it in a heart beat.

I’ve preordered every halo so far, and I ain’t quitting. I love halo!

Nope, I’ll rent it first

I’m actually really considering getting the Exclusive Halo 5 Xbox.

Considering that we have NO information regarding Halo 5, let alone a limited edition version of it, I really can’t say that I will or won’t.

As a general rule I dont pre-order. It is bad practice buying products sight unseen. Now having said that I have pre-order games like 3 times over the years. One I got burnt on (halo 4) and the other two I enjoyed.

But at this stage I dont even know if I will get the next gen xbox. Truthfully the only reason I even got a 360 was for halo 3, and now that halo is no longer a driving force behind xbox its easy to switch back to sony. If I get the next gen xbox, then there is the matter of will it be like halo 4. If so I wont touch it with a 10 foot poll. But no I will not pre-order.

Got limited edition for Halo 2 (Still got it and play it lol), and legendary editions for both Halo 3 and Reach. Got the console for Halo 4 and was only 75% satisfied. Needs more Halo!

> Will any of you invest in Halo 5 and 6?

Money? No way. I’m going to be looking for Newegg promotions that’ll reduce the price to a modest $40-50. For exclusives, I’m going to look for online retailers that sell the code separately from the game (that’s how I got my Oceanic).

Time? That depends on how the next console works. If there is hardly a performance boost, I see no point in wasting my time anymore.

I miss gathering huge AI numbers of enemies and allies in previous Halo games. I doubt 70% of Halo players even know of this concept, it’s nearly an extinct form of tricking.

-CE megabattles
-CE Marines (Halo, Silent Cartographer, AotCR)
-CE Hunters
-CE Zealots
-CE Herbie the Grunt
-H2 IWHBYD Elites on Outskirts
-H2 marine army on Outskirts
-H2 Heretic horde on The Arbiter
-H2 Heretic leader
-H2 Flood army on Quarantine Zone
-H2 Herbie the Grunt
-H2 4 Hunters on Great Journey
-H2 Johnson army on Great Journey
-H2 Elite army on Great Journey
-H2 Ghost army on Great Journey
-H3 Grunt mob on Sierra 117
-H3 Chieftain on Crow’s Nest
-H3 marine army on Tsavo Highway
-H3 megabattle on The Storm
-H3 marine army on The Storm
-H3 marine army vs. Brute mob on The Storm
-H3 Hornet army on The Covenant
-H3 Hunter vs. Elites in cutscene on The Covenant
-H3 20 Brutes on The Covenant
-H3 Flood army on The Covenant

Spartan Ops isn’t the same. I have to kill enemies to spawn more enemies. And there’s no flow to it. Even Firefight feels better paced.

H4 Campaign is just a disaster. Everything deloads at a faster rate (like this Hunter, this Knight, and this Banshee). (Though the Banshee deloading is not shown, it does happen when you enter the Lich area)

This is all I could muster in H4 Campaign:

-Requiem Zealot cave guard in Forerunner structure and cutscene
-Requiem Zealot sniper in Forerunner structure and cutscene
-Forerunner resurrected Knights
-Reclaimer 8 Elites on Mammoth
-Composer 8 Marines at Hunter fight
-Midnight Knight Battlewagon to portal room

The past two games are in the same condition (faster deload, AI reluctance, inconvenient scripting), though a bit better (they don’t run into walls):

-ODST Brute mob on Kizingo Blvd
-Reach Hunter on top of ONI Base
-Reach Zealot on ToTS
-Reach Noble Team
-Reach Elite buddies

There is no doubt the quality of AI collecting has diminished and suffered. Graphics and lighting have improved at it’s expense. Like machinima is a passion to some, this is a passion to me. Finding new strategies, skips, easter eggs, and glitches is fun and all, but this was the foremost thing in my mind… and it still is.