Who is actually enjoying the game still?

I know I am. I still like playing a couple matches every now and then, or running through a campaign mission, or perhaps completing a mission of Spartan Ops occasionally. But a message to all that can’t find anything fun about this game…

Please remember that the entire staff of 343 does NOT revolve around you. I get it, “But the general population is on my side!” Waaaaaaa! You don’t know that. Reading 50 peoples posts that agree with you does not mean that H4’s population is just rootin’ for you the whole ride there. If you are no longer enjoying this game please just PLAY a DIFFERENT GAME! For the love of all things beautiful and bright, stop giving the bullcrap excuse that Halo 3 was the ONLY, and I repeat ONLY game out there that is a arena type shooter. There has to be at least 1 or 2 decent games that give you what you want. Play them. Help give feedback for them. Don’t just stick around so that you nitpick every SINGLE LITTLE DETAIL that you DON’T LIKE! Now if it is just small details like that that are cause for concern and you are still enjoying the game. Go ahead. Provide feedback and constructive criticism. And if you have a problem with one or two major issues but still ENJOY THE GAME IN THE WHOLE go ahead and stay. But if you are just staying around to trashtalk everything the 343 does and praise Bungie like they were gods. Play Destiny. Go support your favorite team! Please just stop sticking around the be the most negative person around the forums. That is all.

Footnote:
This is one my occasional rants that I go on. It is a very rare occurrence for me. Typically I try to stay on the fence about this game and be as little bias as possible. Also please note that this is not target at those who really do want 343 to make an awesome game and not for them to just make halo 3 look shiny and new and re-release that. This is also not intended for people who try their very hardest to provide evidence for their problems and try to come up with solutions that would make everyone happy.

I’m enjoying the multiplayer a lot more now than when the game came out.

Yup, I really like Halo 4, Campaign wise and Multiplayer wise, but even if I didn’t like it I’d come back to it at some point (I don’t like 3 but return to the Campaign to glitch, speed-run, play LASO, etc.)

I’m still not a big fan of Spartan Ops and multiplayer, With some fresh material needed in those modes…

But i gotta say, Campaign in this game is classic, and a nice change of pace from the borefest that it halo 2 and 3’s campaign…

Yeah, I said it, YOU MAD BRO?

YOU MAD BRO YOLO?

Me

I have my moments but overall…not so much.

I just finished the campaign on Legendary. The first few times through left me underwhelmed but it was best yet on Legendary.

I deleted Spartan Ops… it was fun enough but I preferred Firefight, and frankly I didn’t have enough room on my old hard drive for the second half. Those armor unlocks will just have to stay… unlocked.

Multiplayer - gets better and better, though the lag is increasingly becoming a problem for me, and BTS is no fun if all you play is CTF. But I still try to get a half dozen or so games in each day.

I never really enjoyed it from the start. Since day 1 I couldn’t enjoy the multiplayer either and it’s impossible for me to do so now.

I tried to like this game. But I finally gave up a few weeks ago. All of my hopes are with Halo 5 now.

I’m still enjoying it to this day!

The thing is Hoosier, a lot of us Halo veterans stick around the forums, but don’t necessarily play the game anymore, because Halo used to be the centerpiece of our gaming experience, and we want it to be that way again. I’ve moved on to Call of Duty for the most part, as well as my core group of friends, all of whom used to be primarily Halo players, but we miss Halo. We hope that by adding our voices to the thousands of other voices out there, that 343i will eventually come to their senses and return Halo to it’s roots.

I enjoy it from time to time.

Slightly off topic but it is funny to see all the people that were defending the game before launch complaining about it now.

very little

>

You’re free to enjoy Halo 4 all you want but that doesn’t mean people who don’t like it have no right to criticize it. Yes, there are people who flame and troll in the forums, but they do not make up the majority of Halo 4’s detractors. The majority of us who criticize Halo 4 and 343i do so because we want them to improve. To suggest that people are simply nit-picking on little details and have no right to comment on the game unless they continue to play is ridiculous. We have just as much of a right to voice our dissatisfaction with Halo 4 as you do to praise it.

You may think that the majority of Halo 4 criticizers are just complainers with nothing constructive to offer, but I assure you it is quite the opposite.

I quit playing H4 on June 6th and now only play Halo Reach for multiplayer (other multiplayer titles also play just fine too - only H4 is broken).

H4 has too many days of 0.5+ seconds of lag 70% of the time due to poor host selection (“Host History”) and lack of network options (i.e “Best Connection” “local Only”) to attempt to address it as in previous halo titles.

And I’m mad that 343 refuses to fix it - as this is on the server side not in the game itself (the server selects whom is host and also allows options for how you connect - so this is within their domain to fix).

I still enjoy the game and I have been playing since release day.

lol there’s been similar threads like this and my responses has been more or less the same so I’m just going quote myself from other threads too.

Is Halo 4 worth playing now?

> I haven’t stop playing since release day, don’t see why not.

I’m having fun, are you?

> Been playing since release day and the fun hasn’t stop for me at least.

I will openly admit i don’t main stream halo anymore. Haven’t since halo 3 really. Back then i wasn’t into many things other then halo guitar hero and COD (xbox wise) But since then i’ve grown attatched to many other series. I no longer have a game i main anymore and i believe that’s whats best.

Halo will always be the best FPS in my eyes. I will always buy the next halo game. Because to me it’s no longer just about playing but delving into the universe and supporting one of the best game series to ever exist.

But yes before i started this ramble. I get on halo 4 from time to time and enjoy it very much.

> Yeah, I said it, YOU MAD BRO?
>
>
> YOU MAD BRO YOLO?

"I NEED AMMO"

Anyway, Battlefield Friends joke aside, I do enjoy the game to an extent. The forge in this game is very well put togetherin my opinion, and I’ve had a ton of fun using that.

Can’t say much for the rest of the game. Campaign was a bit too linear for my liking (can’t even jump 3 feet to the left without hitting an invisible barrier) and multiplayer tends to be “Meh” and overly abuseable, but it can be fun when played with friends.

Occasional burst of fun, then BS happens.

> >
>
> You’re free to enjoy Halo 4 all you want but that doesn’t mean people who don’t like it have no right to criticize it. Yes, there are people who flame and troll in the forums, but they do not make up the majority of Halo 4’s detractors. The majority of us who criticize Halo 4 and 343i do so because we want them to improve. To suggest that people are simply nit-picking on little details and have no right to comment on the game unless they continue to play is ridiculous. We have just as much of a right to voice our dissatisfaction with Halo 4 as you do to praise it.
>
> You may think that the majority of Halo 4 criticizers are just complainers with nothing constructive to offer, but I assure you it is quite the opposite.

I wasn’t trying to attack the majority of those which Halo 4 is their least favorite game out of all the Halo’s. I realize that many of you really do want the game to improve but it bothers me when somebody goes down a list and completely just trashes everything about Halo 4. I just want people to at least find something good to include first. This thread was really targeted to a very low percentage of the forums. I mean think about it this way. Halo is that winning team in sports and has made to the Final Four since for the last 4 years. All the players graduate and fresh blood comes in and only makes to the Sweet Sixteen. During that loss if someone was criticizing everything thing wrong that the team did while they were playing, who you still consider them a fan?