Who favors instant respawn? (POLL)

I have read many threads on people’s opinions about instant respawn (mainly being a negative issue).

So with my poll combined with my curiosity, I wanted to see the results.

For the record, I personally highly dislike it, and think it belongs nowhere near Halo.

But that’s just me. What’s you?!?!

It’ll be good if it attracts more people to play the game, but the feature has very little competitive merit, so I would only like to see it implemented in a couple of play-lists where necessary.

I would like to add, FFA would be the only playlist where it could work. I can’t see it working in any team based games.

> It’ll be good if it attracts more people to play the game, but the feature has very little competitive merit, so I would only like to see it implemented in a couple of play-lists where necessary.

if there are ranked playlists in halo 4, IT NEEDS TO STAY OUT OF RANKED PLAYLISTS. i wouldnt mind if it was in social playlists because thats where most ppl just -Yoink- around.

Personally, I’d prefer it in Social games, but not when Objectives are in.

The maps would need to be built with them in mind as well, such as a spot where enemy teams can’t get in, or if the power weapons can spawned around the middle part of the map.

It can work, and at others, it can’t. :confused:

Personally, I’m on the fence with this, Yes instant respawn can be annoying, but delayed respawn can be just as annoying, I like being able to respawn as quick as I can so I can get back into the fight, but I also like being able to delay my spawn so I can take a sec to deal with something.

> Personally, I’d prefer it in Social games, but not when Objectives are in.
>
> The maps would need to be built with them in mind as well, such as a spot where enemy teams can’t get in, or if the power weapons can spawned around the middle part of the map.
>
> It can work, and at others, it can’t. :confused:

I think they have already said that its in a few playlists and not in objective type games

Instant respawn is a brutal idea in a game with recharging health and weapon pick ups.

Like literally even 10 year olds on COD could tell you instant respawn wouldn’t work in halo.

For objective games where it will be practically impossible to do things like scoring in CTF, no. For games like Slayer and Invasion where that doesn’t matter it will greatly improve the pacing of the game.

The biggest impact “press X to insta-spawn” will have on Halo is that it will keep idle players from soaking up kills b/c they won’t respawn on the battlefield until their handler gets back to their controller which is a big plus in my book. The worst thing about Halo is it’s early-quitters and idle players which Halo 4 is taking serious action on.

[deleted]

[deleted]

I like the short break when I die. I have a little time to think what to do when I’ll respawn or help friends when I see what enemies are doing after my death.

It won’t make as much difference as people think it will.

I win my fight

It takes 3 seconds for my shields to recharge

It takes 0 seconds for him to respawn

If this makes sense to you you should definitely not be making video games for a living.

I’m happy for it to be in Slayer game types where it will speed the game up.

However it’ll ruin Objective gamemodes. Although I think they’ve said it won’t be in them, so overall I’m happy.

I"m going to miss the beeps :frowning:

Thing is you are able to customize at the respawn screen so you are able to pick when you spawn.

> I win my fight
>
> It takes 3 seconds for my shields to recharge
>
> It takes 0 seconds for him to respawn
>
> If this makes sense to you you should definitely not be making video games for a living.

You do realize they don’t spawn directly in front of you instantly, correct?

> It’ll be good if it attracts more people to play the game, but the feature has very little competitive merit, so I would only like to see it implemented in a couple of play-lists where necessary.

It will not be in objective

^^ smaller maps it won’t matter. Especially if you’re spawn killing the opposing team, they’ll have an advantage.

As for the guy who said “press X to respawn will fix AFKs,” it won’t. They will still respawn after a certain time, you can’t get out of playing the match after one death, that’d be ridiculous.

No to mention, I love tea bagging. Sad face.