Who Else Wants Drop in/ Drop out?

Does anyone else want this in Halo 4? I’m not sure why this hasn’t been added into Reach or even Halo 3. If players were able to join games in progress and fill empty players spots, we would not get those annoying situations where people quit and the game starts to become unfair. At least having it in non-competitive playlists is a must. I guess this would require an overhaul of the matchmaking system, but I definitely wants it!

That’s not a good idea. Halo always was about playing the game from the beginning to the end - hence penalties for quiting.

> That’s not a good idea. Halo always was about playing the game from the beginning to the end - hence penalties for quiting.

I agree it would ruin Halo Pedigree, This is how the game was we want to keep it that way. The game will otherwise loose intensity and more of its competitive edge.

> That’s not a good idea. Halo always was about playing the game from the beginning to the end - hence penalties for quiting.

Yes, but why has it been that way? Because there was never anyone to come in and fill a spot, so it made a huge difference to a game. I say give the quitters penalties, but don’t penalise their team too!

> > That’s not a good idea. Halo always was about playing the game from the beginning to the end - hence penalties for quiting.
>
> Yes, but why has it been that way? Because there was never anyone to come in and fill a spot, so it made a huge difference to a game. I say give the quitters penalties, but don’t penalise their team too!

Just give them bigger penalties there was never too bigger problem in Halo 3 but if they combined the Halo 3 system with the quit ban soloution problem solved.

And how do you see a combination of drop-in-drop-out, penalties and bans? That’s not possible, you use one or the other.
Halo needs no such things, Reach had such changes and look how it turned out.

> And how do you see a combination of drop-in-drop-out, penalties and bans? That’s not possible, you use one or the other.
> Halo needs no such things, Reach had such changes and look how it turned out.

No a combination of punishments not Drop in Drop out. Just punishments to deter players quitting.

no drop in and drop out in Halo.
changing that changes it even more from what Halo is.

you quit, you sit, but don’t put another random on a team. in 4v4 combat it doesn’t make sense to have any sort of drop in drop out system.

As long as it’s optional and you could choose to drop in or start from the beginning I say yes. If it’s forced then no.

I respect all of your opinions, but why does adding drop in drop out change it from being Halo?

No!

Just imagine dropping in a game of FFA, where the leader already has 20 kills, or joining BTB with a bunch of noobzors that are getting spawn trapped.

Take COD as an example. The COD community rants about this feature every day.

This idea could work, if there was a certain time period where the MM system would stop accepting players into the game so you don’t join and automatically lose. There should also be a filter where we could decide whether the system could put us into an existing match.

> This idea could work, if there was a certain time period where the MM system would stop accepting players into the game so you don’t join and automatically lose. There should also be a filter where we could decide whether the system could put us into an existing match.

Yea, I think a filter would be vital. I guess the feature would probably just get ignored and maybe it’s too complicated.

> > That’s not a good idea. Halo always was about playing the game from the beginning to the end - hence penalties for quiting.
>
> I agree it would ruin Halo Pedigree, This is how the game was we want to keep it that way. The game will otherwise loose intensity and more of its competitive edge.

Agreed.

The only thing is if they make a never ending playlist. That would be kinda cool. Like just to warm up for the most part. But then you get into that game with the guy who has been playing all day and has like 200 kills. XD

No thanks. Joining at the end of a losing game sucks and it otherwise just breaks the flow of a game.

At least see if a list will work. If it becomes really popular, than maybe it deserves more attention elsewhere.

This is what we need for Halo 4.

Ranked games - Done through matchmaking, no drop in and drop out.
Social games - Done through dedicated servers and custom game browsing, supports drop in and drop out.

This will eradicate the problems caused by quitting. It also gets rid of a plethora of other problems, check page 3 in the dedicated server thread to see what other problems this fixes.

If anybody here hasn’t played Halo on PC I urge you to do two things.

1| Play it and realise it has a better online system than the others
2| Campaign about this system in the dedicated servers + CGB thread.

If you don’t, things like quitting, latency etc. You have no right to complain about.

> No! Just imagine dropping in a game of FFA, where the leader already has 20 kills, or joining BTB with a bunch of noobzors that are getting spawn trapped. Take COD as an example. The COD community rants about this feature every day.

Does CoD do drop in/out in FFA matches? Seems kind of pointless in an FFA match as you have no team to balance out and it doesn’t really matter if people drop. Well unless more than half the room drops out or something and you’re left with 2 or 3 people trying to finish up on a map that’s too big to find each other. That wouldn’t happen too often though, and it could be solved easily by either speeding up the remaining match time, or letting the remaining people playing gracefully bow out or vote to end the match.
I think the best thing to do is allow drop in/out it match types where it makes sense (Firefight, social team matches), but not where it doesn’t (FFA, competitive ranked matches).

Not really. When I want to fight AI, I play Firefight. Multiplayer is supposed to be competitive fun against real people.

> This is what we need for Halo 4.
>
> Ranked games - Done through matchmaking, no drop in and drop out.
> Social games - Done through dedicated servers and custom game browsing, supports drop in and drop out.
>
> This will eradicate the problems caused by quitting. It also gets rid of a plethora of other problems, check page 3 in the dedicated server thread to see what other problems this fixes.
>
> If anybody here hasn’t played Halo on PC I urge you to do two things.
>
> 1| Play it and realise it has a better online system than the others
> 2| Campaign about this system in the dedicated servers + CGB thread.
>
> If you don’t, things like quitting, latency etc. You have no right to complain about.

Pretty much agree with this, almost what I said above, should have read the 2nd page before posting I guess :wink:

One idea I think they could do is allow people who get dropped from a match (cause their connection dropped or whatever) to rejoin that same match. Basically a private drop in/out system, allow re-joins from people who were in the match to begin with, but not full drop in/out.