Who else thinks MP sucks at this point... but SP will be great?

Really. I’ve little to no hope for the multiplayer. And this is coming from a “casual” (as in I play for fun, not victory boners). It just feels… so… wrong. But, I have a hunch, that the story has the potential to be great.

Guys, I really don’t want to start a hate fest, but who agrees?

So, what feels so wrong about it then?

Disagree, and it sounds like you have no idea what you’re talking about.

> Really. I’ve little to no hope for the multiplayer. And this is coming from a “casual” (as in I play for fun, not victory boners). It just feels… so… wrong. But, I have a hunch, that the story has the potential to be great.
>
> Guys, I really don’t want to start a hate fest, but who agrees?

after hearing the entire podcast, watching the small clip and taking in everything since GI…multiplayer looks like it will be fun for everyone.

cmon man, represent washington better! lol jk

it’s hard to be worse then Reach.

I do not agree for i have not played it.And niether have you so how would you know how it feels?.Don’t knock it till you try.And the campaign will be epic why? because its halo

If you want a challenge, you always can play me… not that I’m bragging.

> Disagree, and it sounds like you have no idea what you’re talking about.

With out some sort of elaboration you are just getting hurt feelings and trying to invalidate his opinion because it is not the same as yours, grow up.

On topic, I am pretty stagnant on what I have seen so far of the multiplayer, art style, and many design choices seem pretty off to me.

I want to love Halo 4 but I mean nothing I have seen looks very compelling to me at this point, I was much more excited about Reach, and Halo 3 at this point.

> it’s hard to be worse then Reach.

Reach is a great game.

I disagree. The more they talk about multiplayer the less worried I become.

> I disagree. The more they talk about multiplayer the less worried I become.

This

> > it’s hard to be worse then Reach.
>
> Reach is a great game.

whatttttttt

> > it’s hard to be worse then Reach.
>
> Reach is a great game.

Keep telling yourself that.

OT: Was worried. Becoming less and less worried. Not to mention Frankie ALREADY said there will be classic playlists. You do realise these are bieng made before the game is out unlike the Reach classic playlists and designed to play exactly like the original trilogy does?

Not to mention the new features sound pretty cool.

I just want 1-50.

What’s wrong with having a -Yoink!- after claiming victory over the opposition? Is there something wrong with the OP?

I dunno. It seems much more interesting than Reach is atm:

Sprint is kept in mind so that maps are balanced with it. On top of that, Melee rushers get punished for running towards a target: Just shoot and they’ll slow down. Remember to back-peddle and they’re put at a significant disadvantage.

Recoil: Tired of having your BR missing all the time thanks to the “Bullet spread”? Tired of bloom where the possibility of shooting the “right way” can get you killed by someone shooting the “wrong way”? Now with recoil, learn to control your gun and you’ll be accurate with most ranges. If you’re missing, swap to the DMR or get closer to your target.

Weapon Loadouts: Now I don’t have to worry about some idiot running up to the enemy base with the BR and Carbine and losing them. Just pick your BR, your other weapon, and enjoy.

Armor Lock: …is gone. Rejoice!

Seriously. Besides unlocking the BR with Spartan Points, which can be gained through Spartan Ops or Campaign, I don’t see much of a problem. My only real worry would be if they miss a glitch on the level of BxR that will cause me to not play it.

Halo 4’s multiplayer looks and sounds nothing short of amazing, I can’t wait to play it, I hope 343 stick to what they are doing.

I really don’t know why people would be worried anymore. There will be alot of playlists, you can make your own gametypes. So if you don’t like some of the stuff they add you can always take it out or play another playlist, that is what MLG does for example. They have given us more toys to play with, there is something for everybody here.

this :

> I really don’t know why people would be worried anymore. There will be alot of playlists, you can make your own gametypes. So if you don’t like some of the stuff they add you can always take it out or play another playlist, that is what MLG does for example. They have given us more toys to play with, there is something for everybody here.

Yes but you could have also said by the same token that just because Reach was a complete pile of -Yoink- you could still have fun with it in customs. However as we see that’s a roasted goat of an argument because the dissenting player could not escape from the wretched horror that was the carcass of the Halo franchise being slow-turned over a pit of burning dreams.

For starters the core weapon balance isn’t something you can easily escape with mere gametype options so if 343 botches the careful balance they’re trying to build up between the various starting weapons you may still be put off by the game as a whole which is dependent on it (for instance, if they fail to consider the fact that Halo maps are generally wide-open killing fields that are quite amenable to mid-long range scoped gameplay in any case. So even if, on the face of it, the AR, DMR, and BR are balanced with each other the frequency of each one finding it’s happy optimum may still be lobsided towards the Bottle Rifle and the DuMbeR resulting in the overly-familiar -Yoink- of the “classic” Halo experience.) That’s a long way from saying “Halo 4 will be -Yoink-,” but it is cause for comment.

Secondly you have the core feature group of armor abilities raising their misshapen heads to doom us all with another flipper-handed round of “how not to build a shooter.” The fact that sprint was the most commonly used ability wasn’t the problem, it was that with no consistent suite of very basic abilities the game could not be appropriately balanced to handle all possible combinations while still striving for something remarkable and fun. Every design had to take into consideration that the player may or may not have this or that ability which spread things thin between a bland morass of gameplay that at best was just functional but more commonly was simply dull in spite of how much spice was poured onto it.

What we need from Halo 4 is consistency built into how each and every player can approach the game so the most meaningful options, those at the level of “I can shoot you so now what do I do”, can be expanded upon without having to worry about how they affect one or two extreme alternatives that rest on having the right loadout. This is the approach Timegate took in developing Section 8 and Section 8 Prejudice which both stand towards the front of Sci-Fi FPS gameplay (if not at the apex) while at the same time Bungie muddled around trying to get “the classics” to work in the entirely unfamiliar context of post-2004 gaming. They (timegate) included the most significant player abilities (jetpacks AND sprint) as part of the default control setting leaving the spice of radar jammering, self-repair, sensor beacons, and mortars to affect gameplay all from an easily balanced center around which the rest of the game could develop and develop well because while variable combat was based on a stable experience.

Call-down turrets, select-a-spawn, on-demand vehicles, they did some -Yoink- that would rend Halo in twain, however it was balanced, because it had a much more sturdy design that could stand the strain that each element placed on the core gameplay. And to get back to my original point the fact that Halo 4 is, like Reach, apparently balancing itself around different points (jetpacks, camo, holo, the lack there of ect.) means that between them all lies a fulcrum of pain and frustration just waiting to be split by the very middling experience that they create together. And hopefully as I’ve demonstrated you CAN criticize 343 for that because something as fundamental as “the game may be broken” can’t be easily overlooked. At some level every player will have to deal with it.