Who else really hates the armor design?

The armor itself looks horrendous. There are just as many helmets without visors and there are that have them.

The colors are washed out.

The latex(?) suit underneath should not be the same color as your primary color.

there isn’t enough secondary color to create something that stands out.

Overall, the armor isn’t very creative or good looking enough to compete with Halo 3 and Reach.

What would you do with the armor if you could change anything about it?

P.S. Why can’t our secondary color stay the same in MM instead of turning white?

Edit: Who else thinks that the Scanner helmet would look amazing without the DVD player on it?

Don’t have a problem with the armor looks.

If I were to change anything I would add some of both Halo 3’s, and Halo Reach’s armor to the already large armor roster. Make some only attainable by completing achievements, challenges, etc…

Fashion police, OP reporting for duty.

> Don’t have a problem with the armor looks.
>
> If I were to change anything I would add some of both Halo 3’s, and Halo Reach’s armor to the already large armor roster. Make some only attainable by completing achievements, challenges, etc…

The problem isn’t the amount of armor to choose from. The problem is that it’s all ugly.

I would like black under the armor, or a third color altogether. I think it turns white in case people pick actual team colors, like red or blue, and it would confuse people. “Is that one on my team or an enemy?” “Is it red with blue highlights or blue with red highlights?”

> > Don’t have a problem with the armor looks.
> >
> > If I were to change anything I would add some of both Halo 3’s, and Halo Reach’s armor to the already large armor roster. Make some only attainable by completing achievements, challenges, etc…
>
> The problem isn’t the amount of armor to choose from. The problem is that it’s all ugly.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think the armor is just fine. Some of it reminds me of Robotech and similar with an anime influence. But, I’m probably looking too deep or something.

Every permutation is overloaded with random designs and they all look the same. I miss the simplicity of Halo 3 and Reach. They completely butchered all of the armor.

I honestly haven’t looked at the armor because I just roll with FOTUS. In Reach I was constantly trying to unlock more armor, but I couldn’t give less of a dang in this game. They are all disgusting.

> “Is that one on my team or an enemy?” “Is it red with blue highlights or blue with red highlights?”

That’s me :frowning:

I like some of. The recruit armor looks ok, the warrior armor looks pretty interesting, Mark VI looks pretty good, and I personally like the Stalker armor quite a bit. Venator is pretty interesting. I’m probably missing some others I like the look of. Some of it does look strange though.

Still, you can’t say that previous Halo armors didn’t have some silliness to them. Hayabusa? Really? Also, a number of Reach armors were kind of iffy.

The only thing I would do with the armor is to fix out the female flaws. The female spartan is very… strange. The armor itself gets way less thicker, and the body is just very skinny. Don’t augmentations making them stronger and buffer? And why should males have extra plating on their armor, and not females?

Most of it feels very overdone to me.

A lot of the armors are -Yoink!-, just most of teh helmets look stupid

> I would like black under the armor, or a third color altogether. I think it turns white in case people pick actual team colors, like red or blue, and it would confuse people. “Is that one on my team or an enemy?” “Is it red with blue highlights or blue with red highlights?”

Well considering that the secondary colors are just stripes on top of the primary color, I don’t think it would be that big of a deal. Halo 2 did that.

I like the armor, and yes, I do miss the previous games armors, but we got a nice selection here, and some of the opnions look close enough to previous designs or remember me of other games I like. (Like Venator, I freaking love that Dead Space RIG look).

I find most of the aesthetics of the armor very lacking.

I like the armor especialy the helmets without visors still it would have been nice if they left in more of the conventional looking armor and didnt force you to have a skull on orbital.

My only problem with the armor is not what it looks like, but how it looks. IMO, if it’s anything that Reach got right, it was how the armor appeared- metallic, heavy-like. It looked like metal, basically.

But Halo 4’s armor looks malleable (metal that can be bent or twisted). It looks somewhat plastic-y. It’s like you’re able to rip a chunk off of it easily. That bothers me immensely. I know, it sounds like I’m nit-picking, but it’s just an eyesore. I like the designs on most of them, but not how they appear.

> > I would like black under the armor, or a third color altogether. I think it turns white in case people pick actual team colors, like red or blue, and it would confuse people. “Is that one on my team or an enemy?” “Is it red with blue highlights or blue with red highlights?”
>
> Well considering that the secondary colors are just stripes on top of the primary color, I don’t think it would be that big of a deal. Halo 2 did that.

Not on all of them. Raider DSTT helmet and shoulders are more secondary color than primary, and the Stalker default chest piece (pretty sure its the Stalker) has more secondary color than primary as well. You’d have more red secondary color than blue team color, or vice versa.

> I like some of. The recruit armor looks ok, the warrior armor looks pretty interesting, Mark VI looks pretty good, and I personally like the Stalker armor quite a bit. Venator is pretty interesting. I’m probably missing some others I like the look of. Some of it does look strange though.
>
> Still, you can’t say that previous Halo armors didn’t have some silliness to them. Hayabusa? Really? Also, a number of Reach armors were kind of iffy.

At least the armor in Reach looked like Spartan armor. Yes, some of the armor in this game looks good. Like the Warrior, Soldier, Recruit, Rogue, etc. but most don’t even look like they belong in a Halo game.