Who else is excited for the new Flood models?

Personally I can’t wait for all the new models but I am most excited for the flood models, especially the Gravemind. I’m also really excited for all of the new cinematics.

What new character models are you guys looking forward to?

Gravemind definitely!!! More than anything the Gravemind! It’ll look awesome.

One of my biggest fears when it comes to the Gravemind, is that Blur will just cop out on showing the Gravemind. I mean, it is a very massive entity. so modeling it, animating it, and texturing it, would take quite a while to do. To cut down on the work load, they might just cop out on the scene and hide him from the viewers, so you only hear his voice.

EDIT: Actually it’s easier to say I disagree, but that’s probably been finished ahead of time so it doesn’t warrant fear…

> One of my biggest fears when it comes to the Gravemind, is that Blur will just cop out on showing the Gravemind. I mean, it is a very massive entity. so modeling it, animating it, and texturing it, would take quite a while to do. To cut down on the work load, they might just cop out on the scene and hide him from the viewers, so you only hear his voice.

I doubt that Blur/343i would even do such an terrible thing, I’m not even sure how that scene would work out if it didn’t show the Gravemind. While yes it is massive I doubt such and esteemed studio would do a cop out.

New models? I doubt it. We will probably just get re textured updated models for gameplay. The cutscene’s with the grave mind will be good to look at though.

I’m dying to see the Elite Honor Guards.

After that cutscene screenshot of Arby, I cannot wait for any of it!

I’m probably most excited for the level… Regret? The one where you cloak yourself and invade the rebel base… that’s going to look amazing.

I’m hoping that the Gravemind does get remodeled. The concept was amazing but they couldn’t pull it off on the original xbox. I also can’t wait to see what they do with the Heretic. He was a cool character and I’m looking forward to fighting him and his holo clones.

> One of my biggest fears when it comes to the Gravemind, is that Blur will just cop out on showing the Gravemind. I mean, it is a very massive entity. so modeling it, animating it, and texturing it, would take quite a while to do. To cut down on the work load, they might just cop out on the scene and hide him from the viewers, so you only hear his voice.

Fear not, I’m almost certain every cutscene is going to be exactly like they were in the original game. I’m talking about camera angles, lip synching, everything. Why? Because in this video here, I forget whether it’s Frank or Dan, but one of them slides in the fact that you can do the Anniversary/Classic switch DURING cutscenes, unlike how it was in CEA where if you were in Classic mode, it’d only play the cutscene in classic graphics, or vice-versa.

Get hyped.

I’m freaking ECSTATIC to find out how the Flood, Honor Guard, the Bosses, and the Honor Guard Councilor are going to look.

Prophet of Truth and Mercy. Also, the High Charity interior.

Definitely the Gravemind for one, but I would like to see what Tartarus looks like as well.

> switch DURING cutscenes
>
> Get hyped.

Hype servos activated.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

You only see him in his entire full Gravemindy self in, what, one cutscene? The rest you just see his tentacles. I think we’re safe. :slight_smile:

But yeah. This guy is REALLY excited to see how the Flood look. :smiley:

Gravemind is going to give people nightmares.

> Gravemind is going to give people nightmares.

First play through, lock the doors, turn off the lights, crank up the sound, Gravemind is here!

I am getting a little tired of seeing just one type of infected Elite. I hope to just see Spec Ops and Heretic Elites in the first levels with Flood. Then on High Charity you would see all ranks infected including Honor Guards and Councilors. It would have no effect on gameplay, but it would be a nice realistic touch.

I can’t wait to see modders post videos up of the mastered flood juggernaut. such a terror they are.

The juggernauts were never seen in game, so they might not bother to remodel them.

> The juggernauts were never seen in game, so they might not bother to remodel them.

Yea it’ll suffer the same fate as the engineers in CEA lol, floating untextured boxes.