Who designed the personal stats page?

Was it done by 343 themselves or somebody else?

Has there been a bulletin or anything similar about why it is like it is? Does anyone like it the way it is as opposed to a Halo 3 style?

I hate the Waypoint stats and mentioned so in another post… I just want to know how many kills I have with each weapon but with Waypoint it is really hard to find out.

Then someone pointed me to www.halotracker.com and when you register you get actual kill counts.

So now I hardly use Waypoint. So long Smartglass.

Someone who only uses an ipad or a mobile phone designed it.

> Someone who only uses an ipad or a mobile phone designed it.

Ah that does explain the “sideway” feel of it. I don’t know how they decided on hwo to group the data though, amazing.

Halotracker is perfect, I can see that I’m the 3rd worst player in my town :smiley:

I dont know but that page made using flash just -Yoinks!- me, why not make a simple page instead of making it whole in flash to make it slower than hell.

You know i was just thinking the same thing earlier today, I’d like to find a person that says “I want my stats page to take a 5 seconds to load every time”

The more i think about it and the more I try to use it, considering everything “works” I’d rate it about a 3 out of 10 in terms of how the information is ordered and layered.

That’s why im curious about it’s origins, its obviously been designed like this for a reason, if 343 contracted someone else to do it then it explains a bit (and they should ask for a refund) or if it was done in-house, either as an after thought, which it looks like, or a team has specifically done it like it is now. In the latter case I don’t think they did a very good job, to put it mildly.

We also need a mobile app like Reach use to have. it was very good.

They should provide a public stats API for developers to use like Bungie did with Reach. Then again, if you followed the API’s evolution after Bungie transferred Reach to 343, you noticed that 343 mucked up even the most simple API updates.

I hate the current stats layout, very jumbled

This whole website is terrible if you ask me. 343’s web team should have just copied Bungie’s design for the Reach stats.

Its atrocious. And that is my judgement after I got used to the layout. How you can have such an inferior design to Bungie and even random community members who have half the time and manpower or less, is astounding.

> Halotracker is perfect, I can see that I’m the 3rd worst player in my town :smiley:

Does anyone know how to do this!? I want to see where I rank where I live!

> How you can have such an inferior design to Bungie and even random community members who have half the time and manpower or less, is astounding.

Agree! And Why 343 Why is a great GT :smiley:

The stats page was outsourced to Cynergy to make. You can see the link to their site at the bottom of the stats page.

They should’ve just copy and pasted Bungie’s design. That was the best.