Whiplash Jamming, Rock 'N Rails Only?

Hey yall. After playing Rock 'N Rails, and watching game play I have noticed that quite often the whiplash will “jam” where the sound of it firing spazzes out but it never actually fires a projectile. Is this something that 343 put in for “balance” in the game mode, or is it a glitch in halo 5 as a whole? I have yet to encounter this in any other game mode besides Rock 'N Rails so I am unsure if it specific to said playlist. What do you guys thing?

I’m pretty sure it happens in other game modes, and not only with the Whiplash. If my memory serves me correctly, I’ve had the weird “jamming” issue with both the standard Railgun and Arclight in Super Fiesta, Team Arena, and Warzone.

I’ve experienced the weapon jamming occasionally as well. In addition, sometimes it coughs itself up the moment I squeeze the trigger, resulting in a delayed charge-up.

Never had this glitch happen to me before :thinking:

I’ve had my SPNKr Prime fail to fire on me a couple times but I assume that’s me trying to fire it too fast after sprinting or something. Idk.

I think this “jam” only happens when you try and use the railgun while you’re sprunting.

The amount of times I got screwed over because my spunkr or whiplash failed to fire last night is unbelievable. But hearing the whiplash jam was pretty cool.

Man having your gun jamming on you must suck. I haven’t had this happen to me yet, I would assume that it has something to do with sprinting.

> 2533274811336073;8:
> Man having your gun jamming on you must suck. I haven’t had this happen to me yet, I would assume that it has something to do with sprinting.

Sprinting has nothing to do with it. It like loops the charging before it fires over and over. You gotta stop trying to shoot it for a few seconds before it’ll actually work right

I’ve had it “jamming” in other modes too with other variants. But in this mode? Every damn game. :confused:

Even in this small clip TWICE! what the hell :confused:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Project%20Mara/video/30821422

> 2535406661860137;9:
> > 2533274811336073;8:
> > Man having your gun jamming on you must suck. I haven’t had this happen to me yet, I would assume that it has something to do with sprinting.
>
> Sprinting has nothing to do with it. It like loops the charging before it fires over and over. You gotta stop trying to shoot it for a few seconds before it’ll actually work right

Gotta stop firing for few seconds? Those few seconds will damn kill you few times.

This is quite an annoyance because of this I have died a few times where I should I have killed the enemy. Also anyone experiencing the spnkr prime not killing on a direct hit or very close to the player?

I think if you’re precharging, and then stop and try to fire too fast it gets jammed. You need to let it “cool down” which takes less than a second but some people try firing instantaneously. Its happened to me in warzone

> 2535453278998196;13:
> I think if you’re precharging, and then stop and try to fire too fast it gets jammed. You need to let it “cool down” which takes less than a second but some people try firing instantaneously. Its happened to me in warzone

Not really. You just press it and get this sound. No stopping or trying to fire too fast.
It is not what was intended in the game. I suspect it might be lag and connection issue.

> 2535448178577576;12:
> This is quite an annoyance because of this I have died a few times where I should I have killed the enemy. Also anyone experiencing the spnkr prime not killing on a direct hit or very close to the player?

I believe if the other person has a prime actively in their hands, so they’re getting the buffs, to kill them from full shield you must hit them directly of you only want to use one rocket. Also can seriously rocket jump now too!

It’s happened to me many times, in R&R and other game modes. However, it will just suddenly work again for me withiut having to release the trigger, after about a second.