Which weapons kill Promethean's best?

Anyone have any insight on which weapons to use when battling the prometheans in firefight?
Thanks!

When it comes to Power Weapons, Plasma Casters make quick work of all Promethean enemies. As for Loadout weaponry, the DMR is a great all-around solution to your Promethean troubles, especially the Extended Mags version.

What I’ve kinda noticed about the enemies is that their weapons kind of work well against them.

Plasma distrupts energy shields

Half a mag from a suppressor breaks the soldiers armour then you can finish them with a headshot

Human weapons work well against humans

Maybe it’s just me. I dunno

Promethean Weapons like Light rifle and scattershot

Obviously the higher the req the greater the damage, but i’m gonna assume you don’t mean expensive reqs, so costing level 3 or less
Crawlers: Any semi-automatic - pistol, BR, Carbine. Aim for the head
Soldiers: Automatic with homing helps a lot - My preference being Suppressors and when their shields drop aim for the head with your semi-auto for the kill
Knights: Again, automatic with homing - Suppressor helps cause if you aim for the weak side it’ll do damage, but the needler is more effective for sure and the hailstorm just absolutely shreds.
Warden: A bag of -Yoinks!-, cause that’s what he deserved the sponge

the Boltshot (or whatever the Promethean pistol is called) absolutely shreds soldiers, especially the higher req versions, as for knights use a plasma caster, or any AOE attack on their back, and that takes care of em quickly, and try for a shotgun or auto weapon (any works, preferably the second saw, or an SMG) to take down Warden Eternal, as for Phaeteons, not a single clue, all I can say is use anti-air weaponry and they should go down fast.
EDIT: oh also Splinter Turrets are really good against the Prometheans in general.

Light rifle is ok but you run out of ammo within 4 kills. Therefore not advisable.

Scattershot is good up close but playing on this difficulty you’re going to die quicker than you can say ‘got him’. Not advisable.

A lot of power weapons are good but again you’re going to run out of ammo.

Best I found is the DMR. A mag clears more than 1 and free ammo no need to waste multiple high level power weapons.

I was hitting a Warden Eternal with a Hydra in a FF game and 100% of the ammo hit which seemed to do a decent amount of damage. Maybe I was imagining this and someone hit him with a tank shell and I just did not notice?

I would have to say that there is some sort of rock paper scissors system at play, may not be as comprehensive as Halo Wars titles, but it is present. I have found that Plasma Weaponry does a number against Prometheans, while Promethean Weaponry horribly destroys Covenant based enemies, particularly vehicles.

Run them over.

Against Knights, blood of suban.

Level 3 or below reqs that do the most damage are plasma caster, closed fist/open hand, razors edge.

Scout hogs for everything except for Knights. They’re stupidly cheap, easy to get, and will probably net you more kills than a power weapon would. If you don’t have a scout hog for whatever reason then use a suppressor to pop the shields and finish with a headshot. Needlers work great against elites but don’t waste their ammo against soldiers because a supercombine just pops shields.

> 2533274907430989;6:
> the Boltshot (or whatever the Promethean pistol is called) absolutely shreds soldiers, especially the higher req versions, as for knights use a plasma caster, or any AOE attack on their back, and that takes care of em quickly, and try for a shotgun or auto weapon (any works, preferably the second saw, or an SMG) to take down Warden Eternal, as for Phaeteons, not a single clue, all I can say is use anti-air weaponry and they should go down fast.
> EDIT: oh also Splinter Turrets are really good against the Prometheans in general.

For Phaetons, aim for the underside of the vehicle (the belly), that’s its weak spot. And for Banshees (because some people also have trouble with those), aim for the hatch where the enemy/player enters

razors edge seems to be the best for soldier and knights,headshot weapons for crawlers
and for phaetons,It is what Ceplar said

Splattering them.

Just use a scout warthog (ONI version to last longer).

> 2535414156422927;5:
> Obviously the higher the req the greater the damage, but i’m gonna assume you don’t mean expensive reqs, so costing level 3 or less
> Crawlers: Any semi-automatic - pistol, BR, Carbine. Aim for the head
> Soldiers: Automatic with homing helps a lot - My preference being Suppressors and when their shields drop aim for the head with your semi-auto for the kill
> Knights: Again, automatic with homing - Suppressor helps cause if you aim for the weak side it’ll do damage, but the needler is more effective for sure and the hailstorm just absolutely shreds.
> Warden: A bag of -Yoinks!-, cause that’s what he deserved the sponge

You missed a classic warthog splatter spree for the Crawlers/Soldiers lol

A -Yoinking!- nuke.

Jk, on Knights I’d have to go with the Laser, Rockets, Caster, or Incineration cannon. On soldiers, SMGs do the trick

In easy rounds I use the magnum to practice my head shots on crawlers. They are one shot kills. In the harder rounds a scorpion or wraith for knights.

> 2533274971565732;3:
> What I’ve kinda noticed about the enemies is that their weapons kind of work well against them.
>
> Plasma distrupts energy shields
>
> Half a mag from a suppressor breaks the soldiers armour then you can finish them with a headshot
>
> Human weapons work well against humans
>
> Maybe it’s just me. I dunno

I agree.

In my experience, Promethean weapons are the most effective against Prometheans.
Using human weapons, they’re like bullet sponges, often requiring more than one clip.
Plasma pistols don’t work well on them either, overcharged shots having very little effect, while needlers are always a powerful, if limited choice.
Regardless, keep a powerful AOE weapon like plasma caster or fuel rod handy for when mobs of crawlers rush you. Even landing head shots all day, you can often eliminate them more quickly 2 or 3 at a time with explosives.