Which redesign do you like most?

Hello WayPoint! Which 343i redesign do you like the most or the least? I really like Master Chief’s redesign, but I don’t like the redesigned elites or pelicans. It’s cool 343 is recreating so much though,

Master Chief

Grunt

Elite

Jackal

Beam Rifle

Battle Rifle

Pelican

I like the Jackal the most because it don’t look like a dumb bird anymore, it actually looks threatning and looks way scarier then the Elites.

something has to be wrong with me, i don’t like any of them…

> Hello WayPoint! Which 343i redesign do you like the most or the least? I really like Master Chief’s redesign, but I don’t like the redesigned elites or pelicans. It’s cool 343 is recreating so much though,
>
> Master Chief
>
> Grunt
>
> Elite
>
> Jackal
>
> Beam Rifle
>
> Battle Rifle
>
> Pelican

First of all I hope there is an all black weapon skin becuse I just what my unsc weapons to be all the same like Halo 3.

Here are a ton more OP
https://halo.xbox.com/en-US/Universe/detail/new-halo-4-renders/d8df75dd-1b36-4f44-b28e-3babd61cfe9b

If the link screws up these are on the homepage for waypoint.

Mster Chief, Jackal and I’m going to throw in Warthog and Elite Zealot too since they are not on the list :wink:

> Here are a ton more OP
> https://halo.xbox.com/en-US/Universe/detail/new-halo-4-renders/d8df75dd-1b36-4f44-b28e-3babd61cfe9b
>
> If the link screws up these are on the homepage for waypoint.

I was going for more of the drastic remakes

I like them all fine, they look interesting/different, which is good; I don’t want them to keep looking almost identical to the other games with just a bit shinier armour or something.

What I REALLY love is the lighting. Look at any videos showing off the campaign, especially the first mission (where you’re inside the ship) and the florescent/slightly blue tinted lighting, shadows, the textures and the overall look & feel… it looks like the best looking XBOX 360 game to date, not just the best looking Halo game. And what’s more, it’s native 720p, for the first time in the series, which means crispy(er) resolution, and the weird anti-aliasing BS from Reach (which caused a lot of HUD ghosting and weird graphic glitches) seem to be gone, as does the grainy noise filter Reach annoyingly had as well.

Everything looks gorgeous, and most importantly: it still looks “Halo”. I could argue it looks even more Halo than previous games, if not for nostalgia getting in the way (we’re used to less detailed, less graphically advanced look for Halo). But if this were the first Halo game, it would still stand out just as much as Halo: CE did at the time, for being a much different game (visually and otherwise) from other FPS games. And that’s a good–nay, a GREAT thing.

I like the Beam Rifle and Target Designator redesigns, along with the Battle Rifle.

> something has to be wrong with me, i don’t like any of them…

pat pat Like how a gay man finds out later in life, you too will come to accept and love the new redesigns with time.

Edit: Whoops, guess you can’t say that word in here.

> > something has to be wrong with me, i don’t like any of them…
>
> pat pat Like how a happy man finds out later in life, you too will come to accept and love the new redesigns with time.
>
> Edit: Whoops, guess you can’t say that word in here.

will i? i want sci-fi not realism.

> > > something has to be wrong with me, i don’t like any of them…
> >
> > pat pat Like how a happy man finds out later in life, you too will come to accept and love the new redesigns with time.
> >
> > Edit: Whoops, guess you can’t say that word in here.
>
> will i? i want sci-fi not realism.

Pfft! If anything i think it looks MORE scifi than the previous games.

The magnum looks nice.

I love the new EVA helmet. Does that count? :3

> > > something has to be wrong with me, i don’t like any of them…
> >
> > pat pat Like how a happy man finds out later in life, you too will come to accept and love the new redesigns with time.
> >
> > Edit: Whoops, guess you can’t say that word in here.
>
> will i? i want sci-fi not realism.

Just because the lighting and graphics are highly advanced compared to previously games, does not mean it’s not SCI-FI looking. It looks more SCI-FI to me than previous games, it just looks much more detailed and is lighted much better. There’s a big difference between “real-life” realism and “realistic looking” graphics.

I definately like the Jackal best in terms of overhaul. Those things look absolutely mean this time.

Pelican comes in last. Not that I don’t like the design…just that I care less about that one and the rest is far and FAR more impressive.

Im going with the chief followed by the beam rifle.

> > > > something has to be wrong with me, i don’t like any of them…
> > >
> > > pat pat Like how a happy man finds out later in life, you too will come to accept and love the new redesigns with time.
> > >
> > > Edit: Whoops, guess you can’t say that word in here.
> >
> > will i? i want sci-fi not realism.
>
> Just because the lighting and graphics are highly advanced compared to previously games, does not mean it’s not SCI-FI looking. It looks more SCI-FI to me than previous games, it just looks much more detailed and is lighted much better. There’s a big difference between “real-life” realism and “realistic looking” graphics.

i’m not talking about the improved graphics, some of the models are more realistic and less sci-fi then before, perfect example is the pelican.

> > > > > something has to be wrong with me, i don’t like any of them…
> > > >
> > > > pat pat Like how a happy man finds out later in life, you too will come to accept and love the new redesigns with time.
> > > >
> > > > Edit: Whoops, guess you can’t say that word in here.
> > >
> > > will i? i want sci-fi not realism.
> >
> > Just because the lighting and graphics are highly advanced compared to previously games, does not mean it’s not SCI-FI looking. It looks more SCI-FI to me than previous games, it just looks much more detailed and is lighted much better. There’s a big difference between “real-life” realism and “realistic looking” graphics.
>
> i’m not talking about the improved graphics, some of the models are more realistic and less sci-fi then before, perfect example is the pelican.

Out of curiosity, what aspect of the new pelican looks less Sci-Fi. Personally, I don’t see it. It looks rounder to me but its still a recognizable pelican.

> > > > > something has to be wrong with me, i don’t like any of them…
> > > >
> > > > pat pat Like how a happy man finds out later in life, you too will come to accept and love the new redesigns with time.
> > > >
> > > > Edit: Whoops, guess you can’t say that word in here.
> > >
> > > will i? i want sci-fi not realism.
> >
> > Just because the lighting and graphics are highly advanced compared to previously games, does not mean it’s not SCI-FI looking. It looks more SCI-FI to me than previous games, it just looks much more detailed and is lighted much better. There’s a big difference between “real-life” realism and “realistic looking” graphics.
>
> i’m not talking about the improved graphics, some of the models are more realistic and less sci-fi then before, perfect example is the pelican.

The Pelican? How is that less futuristic?

You REALLY think that is going to ruin or diminish the game? Because a model isn’t as SCI-FI as you’d like?

Go play Halo: CE and tell me that it looks less impressive/futuristic. Seriously, you’ve overanalyzing it.

> > > > > > something has to be wrong with me, i don’t like any of them…
> > > > >
> > > > > pat pat Like how a happy man finds out later in life, you too will come to accept and love the new redesigns with time.
> > > > >
> > > > > Edit: Whoops, guess you can’t say that word in here.
> > > >
> > > > will i? i want sci-fi not realism.
> > >
> > > Just because the lighting and graphics are highly advanced compared to previously games, does not mean it’s not SCI-FI looking. It looks more SCI-FI to me than previous games, it just looks much more detailed and is lighted much better. There’s a big difference between “real-life” realism and “realistic looking” graphics.
> >
> > i’m not talking about the improved graphics, some of the models are more realistic and less sci-fi then before, perfect example is the pelican.
>
> Out of curiosity, what aspect of the new pelican looks less Sci-Fi. Personally, I don’t see it. It looks rounder to me but its still a recognizable pelican.

This.