Which ranking system would you like?

Halo 2 system: (Number 1-50 based on win/loss)
Pros: Incentive for winning in ranked, playing for the objective instead of K/D. Disincentive for quitting in ranked (losing a skill point)
Cons: No quitting disincentive in social playlists. Boring number rather than an insignia.
Halo 3 system: (Number 1-50 based on win/loss, plus a number based on ‘exp’ that couldn’t go down unless you quit)
Pros: Incentive for winning in both ranked and social playlists, playing for objective instead of K/D. Disincentive for quitting in both ranked and social. (losing a skill point and/or EXP.) Interesting ranking names and insignia that allowed and continued progression even just in social playlists.
Halo Reach/4 system (Number based on ‘exp’ that just kept building, no win/loss system: (minus 6 population Arena)
Pros: Fun ranking names that allowed continuing progression over very long timespans.
Cons: Minor disincentive for quitting. Very minor incentive for victory, players playing only for K/D instead of victory. It was better to quit if you were losing as continued playing would mean a drop in K/D for MLG wannabes.

To me, Halo 3 had the ideal ranking system. Halo Reach and 4 killed the “team” feel so integral to Halo 2 and 3 with stupid K/D camping in objective and so forth.
Halo 3 allowed someone to have fun accumulating even just playing social BTB while Halo 2 was limited in that respect. Halo 2 and 3 skill ranks got really intense at the high levels with everyone mic’d up and ready to go.

The halo 2 system. Social should be just that- social. It shouldn’t really matter.

This guy knows what he’s on about. Halo 3 ranking all day every day.

I always liked Halo 3 the best and thought going away from that was the worst thing Bungie did ( with armor lock coming in just behind that)

> 2533274796156371;2:
> The halo 2 system. Social should be just that- social. It shouldn’t really matter.

The good thing about Halo 3 is you didn’t lose anything for losing in social. You could go at your own pace but you would still lose EXP points for quitting which prevented the Halo Reach style mass BTB quits once one team was in control.

A perfect online shooter would have two ranking systems. One would be completely XP based with constant unlocks that are strictly aesthetic. This would be the rank that appears next to your name. Honestly, it’s just fun earning xp and leveling up that way. It gives you reason to want to play.

Secondly, there would be a skill based ranking which would help with matching you with people that are around your skill level. It would be based on a combination of w/l and k/d ratios.

It would be the best of both worlds.

> 2535428381492947;6:
> A perfect online shooter would have two ranking systems. One would be completely XP based with constant unlocks that are strictly aesthetic. This would be the rank that appears next to your name. Honestly, it’s just fun earning xp and leveling up that way. It gives you reason to want to play.
>
> Secondly, there would be a skill based ranking which would help with matching you with people that are around your skill level. It would be based on a combination of w/l and k/d ratios.
>
> It would be the best of both worlds.

Really what Halo 3 was. Two numbers. One of continued unloseable progression, then the “TrueSkill” number if you liked it that way.

I didn’t play much Halo 4 but I gather it was relatively similar to Halo Reach’s system? I remember looking at myself and others K/D more than anything.

How about a mixture of halo 2 and 3? Personally I like the colors of halo 2 and the symbols toward the end but then you could also incorportate the expierence absed system of halo 3

Seriously 343 get on this. No way this system stated above would fail

I don’t like how you call Halo 2’s ranking a “Boring number”. Halo 2 sranking defintely has more pazazz than halo 3s plain number. And halo 2 had social playlists. They had action sack and a few others don’t know what you are talking about

I was gona say something smart, then realized that it was dumb. So I’m just gona say that I like halo 3s the best out of all the ranking systems. I did like halo reaches though, it kept me playing just to get that bold new rank.

> 2535434085045356;9:
> How about a mixture of halo 2 and 3? Personally I like the colors of halo 2 and the symbols toward the end but then you could also incorportate the expierence absed system of halo 3
>
> Seriously 343 get on this. No way this system stated above would fail
>
> I don’t like how you call Halo 2’s ranking a “Boring number”. Halo 2 sranking defintely has more pazazz than halo 3s plain number. And halo 2 had social playlists. They had action sack and a few others don’t know what you are talking about

Please 343… This would be perfect

Halo 2’s system but it should be utilized across all playlists, social and ranked. In ranked it should be visible, and in social it should be hidden. There should also be more leniency in the social playlists. What I mean by this is that when searching for a game the level difference between players can be higher in social than in ranked. That would keep games closer in ranked games, and make it so you can get into games faster in the social playlists.

On top of this there should be a never ending progression ranking system (CoD). When I say never ending I mean never ending. This “rank” should be visualized by symbols similar to how Reach was, but when you reach the end of the levels you restart at the beginning but with a number two in the corner of the icon. Unlike CoD, when you reach the end you do not get the choice to “prestige” or not, and the amount of experience needed to get to the next level continues to grow. When viewing someones nameplate it should put both the progression system and the skill systems ranks next to each other. Someone could be a “26/general” or a “50/inheritor”.

Just give us halo 2s ranking system mainly because it was harder to rank up in

also give us a universal rank like halo 3 had
now these would be tied into your rank number. Just like halo 3

then give us playlist ranks

also the exp rank should work like reach it would take some time

> 2535434085045356;9:
> How about a mixture of halo 2 and 3? Personally I like the colors of halo 2 and the symbols toward the end but then you could also incorportate the expierence absed system of halo 3
>
> Seriously 343 get on this. No way this system stated above would fail
>
> I don’t like how you call Halo 2’s ranking a “Boring number”. Halo 2 sranking defintely has more pazazz than halo 3s plain number. And halo 2 had social playlists. They had action sack and a few others don’t know what you are talking about

Yeah didn’t quite articulate myself right there. My bad.

Key element for me is a disincentive for quitting. Time bans don’t work. Halo 3 was fair as you couldn’t rank up while being a consistent quitter but at the same time the odd lag out wouldn’t be a huge problem.

At least it’s not the first Halo 3 Ranking System with the TrueSkill… holy crap was that horrible

> 2533274803377244;11:
> > 2535434085045356;9:
> > How about a mixture of halo 2 and 3? Personally I like the colors of halo 2 and the symbols toward the end but then you could also incorportate the expierence absed system of halo 3
> >
> > Seriously 343 get on this. No way this system stated above would fail
> >
> > I don’t like how you call Halo 2’s ranking a “Boring number”. Halo 2 sranking defintely has more pazazz than halo 3s plain number. And halo 2 had social playlists. They had action sack and a few others don’t know what you are talking about
>
>
> Please 343… This would be perfect

And it is so simple. Like anybody with half a brain can think of this but for some reason 343 can’t. They are doing some dumb League System for Halo 5 probably similar to CODs League system

Halo 2 with the symbols at the end. Way better. Please put this in game. As well as the variants such as Team snipers, Team Objective, and Rumble pit. Im sure a lot of people including myself enjoy playing just snipers or just objective variants. PLEASE 343, DO THIS.

> 2533274892441899;16:
> > 2535434085045356;17:
> > > 2533274803377244;11:
> > > > 2535434085045356;9:
> > > > How about a mixture of halo 2 and 3? Personally I like the colors of halo 2 and the symbols toward the end but then you could also incorportate the expierence absed system of halo 3
> > > >
> > > > Seriously 343 get on this. No way this system stated above would fail
> > > >
> > > > I don’t like how you call Halo 2’s ranking a “Boring number”. Halo 2 sranking defintely has more pazazz than halo 3s plain number. And halo 2 had social playlists. They had action sack and a few others don’t know what you are talking about
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Please 343… This would be perfect
> >
> >
> >
> > And it is so simple. Like anybody with half a brain can think of this but for some reason 343 can’t. They are doing some dumb League System for Halo 5 probably similar to CODs League system
>
>
>
>
> At least it’s not the first Halo 3 Ranking System with the TrueSkill… holy crap was that horrible

You should be able to play ranked easy and accessibly. You shouldn’t have to sit down and go through some convoluted league system, that’s no way to encourage the competitive side of the game. That was tried in Halo Reach and it failed miserably (for other reasons also).

Definitely a supporter of the H3 ranking system. Not gonna lie, I’m pretty biased lol. H3 was the first Halo I seriously got into, but it works.