Which playlists do you hope to see at launch?

The title says it all. Here is my wishlist for launch playlists:

Arena: competitive ranking and overall game progression
Free-for-All (Slayer only)
Team Slayer
Team Objective (Assault, CTF, King of the Hill, etc)
Classic (no abilities/equipment and classic game modes)
Rotating Playlist: SWAT, Snipers, etc changing every week

Social: overall game progression only
BIG TEAM BATTLE (with developer made maps!)
Social FFA (with objective game-types like Juggernaught, Oddball etc)
Multi-Team (four two-player teams)
Infection
Rotating Playlist: Griffball, Race, BTB Heavies, Castle Wars etc changing every week

Firefight:
Hard
Legendary
Arcade

+ Whatever 343i is cooking up to target the casual players. If it’s an evolution of Warzone or some sort of Battle Royal, whatever.

Obviously this is a bit of a pipe dream since 343i are yet to launch a game with what feels like a complete multiplayer experience, but maybe they’ve learned their lesson and understood that the best thing about Halo is how diverse the content is and how many different experiences are available (preferably, at launch).

You said BTB Heavies should be rotational but I’m actually hoping it will be a permanent playlist, in addition to normal BTB. It was permanent in Halo 4 and that was fine. But I would also be ok with Heavies being a gametype within the BTB playlist, alongside CTF and Assault and stuff, like it was in Halo Reach.
In addition to that, I’m also hoping for a complete multiplayer experience at launch, so all the basics like Firefight, Infection, etc. but I won’t waste your time listing all that stuff

> 2533274904158628;2:
> You said BTB Heavies should be rotational but I’m actually hoping it will be a permanent playlist, in addition to normal BTB. It was permanent in Halo 4 and that was fine. But I would also be ok with Heavies being a gametype within the BTB playlist, alongside CTF and Assault and stuff, like it was in Halo Reach.
> In addition to that, I’m also hoping for a complete multiplayer experience at launch, so all the basics like Firefight, Infection, etc. but I won’t waste your time listing all that stuff

Including a Heavies gametype in the playlist seems like a good compromise. I think having too many playlists can be a problem so it’s best not to have two that overlap or are very similar

Im just waiting to see the new warzone

Infinite should launch with the max playlist variety the game will ever have, because the launch period will be when the game has the biggest pop it ever will. Halo population trends of the past show that even content updates like map packs and such never return the pop to the level it is at launch. The only real difference between pops across Halo games is the rate at which the pop decreased and where the pop ultimately stabilized.

When the pop inevitably goes down in Infinite, then it will be time to start consolidating playlists or making some things rotational as necessary to eliminate low pop playlists and improve matchmaking overall. But Infinite shouldn’t do what Halo 5 did and add more variety after the pop has already decreased.

I’m very easy to please, Slayer and BTB with the option to search only those. I’m not interested in anything else.

I think Fiesta should be a permanent playlist. I also hope Invasion returns. Of course, Infinite needs all the basic modes like Slayer, BTB, objective modes, Infection, etc.

> 2533274817408735;5:
> Infinite should launch with the max playlist variety the game will ever have, because the launch period will be when the game has the biggest pop it ever will. Halo population trends of the past show that even content updates like map packs and such never return the pop to the level it is at launch. The only real difference between pops across Halo games is the rate at which the pop decreased and where the pop ultimately stabilized.
>
> When the pop inevitably goes down in Infinite, then it will be time to start consolidating playlists or making some things rotational as necessary to eliminate low pop playlists and improve matchmaking overall. But Infinite shouldn’t do what Halo 5 did and add more variety after the pop has already decreased.

This.

To really get a demographic of what the matchmaking system should be structured like going forward, should be based off where Halo is heading and the variance in experiences.

There should be a new additional section labelled “Competitive” which is strictly for the current Esports settings. The matchmade matches are setup as a series (Best of 3), and players can only commit to this playlist with a full teams. The “Competitive” section will host the TrueSkill2 MMR system. With the addition of the “Competitive” section, “Ranked” has more leway for additional “socially-competitive” playlists without stepping on the toes of the official settings, and have the ranking system be more of a progressive system over skill-based.

• Competitive - TrueSkill2 MMR,

> - HCS 4v4 (4 Players) - HCS Doubles (2 Players) - HCS FFA (1 Player)

• Ranked - TrueSkill2 MMR - Light Restrictions, Vetoing System

> - Slayer (Default & HCS Variants) - Team Objective (Capture the Flag, Strongholds, King of the Hill, Oddball, Extraction, Arena Breakout etc.) (Default & HCS Variants) - Team Snipers - SWAT - Elimination - Big Team Battle (Heavies, Capture the Flag, Slayer, Strongholds etc.)

• Social & Mixtape

> - Super Fiesta - Infection - Juggernaut

• Warzone

> - Warzone - Firefight - Invasion

• Forge - Custom Games & Browser - Campaign

Warzone for sure.

Making SWAT rotational would be really bad. Some people literally only play SWAT and it is a good transition mode for people who might be coming from COD or CSGO TTKs.

No question, I’d like to see Action Sack on day one.

> 2533274862181038;12:
> No question, I’d like to see Action Sack on day one.

I don’t play a lot of Action Sack, but I thought it was mostly community made game modes and maps. How would that work at launch? Would 343 be responsible for forging maps and creating modes?

I feel like it would be weird for them to kind of set the bar and expectations of modes when generally it’s community driven.

> 2533274803493024;13:
> > 2533274862181038;12:
> > No question, I’d like to see Action Sack on day one.
>
> I don’t play a lot of Action Sack, but I thought it was mostly community made game modes and maps. How would that work at launch? Would 343 be responsible for forging maps and creating modes?
>
> I feel like it would be weird for them to kind of set the bar and expectations of modes when generally it’s community driven.

Not necessarily. Action Sack began life with standard maps and wacky game types (fiesta, punch out, swords, stickies, etc.) long before the community got busy.

I don’t think it would be difficult to return to these roots and then incorporate more goodness as things get rolling. Additionally, it might be possible to work with a few talented forgers behind the scenes to create a couple of extras if more pizzazz is desired at launch.

To me, Action Sack is an essential counterbalance to more ‘serious’ modes. As the author says, “I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.”

Ranked ffa slayer and social objective/slayer ffa would be cool. Also a 4 v 4 social playlist with more than 3 maps.

CTF, Odd Ball, King of the Hill and BTB are a must!
Invasion would be a welcome return. Surprised nobody has mentioned Dominion/Domination. That was the most fun I’ve had in halo multiplayer. Ricochet was a ton of fun on the right maps.

SWAT has to be a permanent playlist.

If they make it rotational I will riot.

> 2533274846978810;1:
> The title says it all. Here is my wishlist for launch playlists:
>
> Arena: competitive ranking and overall game progression
> Free-for-All (Slayer only)
> Team Slayer
> Team Objective (Assault, CTF, King of the Hill, etc)
> Classic (no abilities/equipment and classic game modes)
> Rotating Playlist: SWAT, Snipers, etc changing every week
>
> Social: overall game progression only
> BIG TEAM BATTLE (with developer made maps!)
> Social FFA (with objective game-types like Juggernaught, Oddball etc)
> Multi-Team (four two-player teams)
> Infection
> Rotating Playlist: Griffball, Race, BTB Heavies, Castle Wars etc changing every week
>
> **Firefight:**Hard
> Legendary
> Arcade
>
> + Whatever 343i is cooking up to target the casual players. If it’s an evolution of Warzone or some sort of Battle Royal, whatever.
>
> Obviously this is a bit of a pipe dream since 343i are yet to launch a game with what feels like a complete multiplayer experience, but maybe they’ve learned their lesson and understood that the best thing about Halo is how diverse the content is and how many different experiences are available (preferably, at launch).

Ranked FFA and ranked btb is a must. Something special about ranked btb

For social I would like what MCC does. For ranked I would like hardcore and normal for CTF, Slayer, and King to all be in one playlist with one just slayer. Also a ranked free for all would be nice.

I’d really like Breakout and Dominion to return. As far as Breakout goes though, I want the Breakout we had at launch. All the other Breakout modes they added and the different adjustments they made to it over time have kind of ruined it for me. Honestly, as long as Swat continues to be a default playlist in Halo I’ll be happy. My good skill in Halo is shooting first and that’s where I shine. Never been to great with follow up shots and working with teams in Slayer, but that’s probably because I never practice or play with people I can consistantly practice and team up with. As a final note, I would very much appreciate having Infection at launch. Would love to have it styled like Halo 4 where you play as Flood too.