Which Map should Return?

Which map should return, Blood Gulch or Valhalla? Decide in the poll above.

Seeing as we just got a Valhalla remake in Ragnarok for Halo 4, I’d prefer Blood Gulch to come back.

Where is the Waterworks option?

Chrion TL34!!!

> Chrion TL34!!!

Teleporters and teleporter camping all day every day.

Blood gulch is essentially halo. Plus its a well balanced map for vehicle and works with sprint so people know it works

> Blood gulch is essentially halo. Plus its a well balanced map for vehicle and works with sprint so people know it works

Let’s not forget that the DMR and low movement speed seriously messed up the map in Reach.

> > Blood gulch is essentially halo. Plus its a well balanced map for vehicle and works with sprint so people know it works
>
> Let’s not forget that the DMR and low movement speed seriously messed up the map in Reach.

Seemed fine to me especially with bloom. The increased movement speed would be good though since without picking sprint as an AA it took too long to move about. They could make the map have more rocks as cover or the odd destroyed tank or warthog (with RvB references on them) for cover, heck they could even make the ditches slightly deeper

Death Island

> > > Blood gulch is essentially halo. Plus its a well balanced map for vehicle and works with sprint so people know it works
> >
> > Let’s not forget that the DMR and low movement speed seriously messed up the map in Reach.
>
> Seemed fine to me especially with bloom. The increased movement speed would be good though since without picking sprint as an AA it took too long to move about. They could make the map have more rocks as cover or the odd destroyed tank or warthog (with RvB references on them) for cover, heck they could even make the ditches slightly deeper

I wouldn’t object to a bit more cover on the map, but the DMR was a long range capable rifle that everyone spawned with. That resulted in campy, cross map shoot outs, which weren’t a problem in Halo 1 or 2. It really changed how the map worked, besides bloom sucks and nobody wants that back.

> > > > Blood gulch is essentially halo. Plus its a well balanced map for vehicle and works with sprint so people know it works
> > >
> > > Let’s not forget that the DMR and low movement speed seriously messed up the map in Reach.
> >
> > Seemed fine to me especially with bloom. The increased movement speed would be good though since without picking sprint as an AA it took too long to move about. They could make the map have more rocks as cover or the odd destroyed tank or warthog (with RvB references on them) for cover, heck they could even make the ditches slightly deeper
>
> I wouldn’t object to a bit more cover on the map, but the DMR was a long range capable rifle that everyone spawned with. That resulted in campy, cross map shoot outs, which weren’t a problem in Halo 1 or 2. It really changed how the map worked, besides bloom sucks and nobody wants that back.

If bloom was only on the DMR LR and NR all the long ranged loadout weapons then it would make it more skilful to use this lowering the spam a bit since you would have to time your shots like you had to with the reach DMR

We can just play Valhalla in halo 3. Not a big fan of Blood Gulch really, its just a box canyon with 2 bases and some vehicles, but I wouldn’t mind yet another remake.

Assuming Loadouts return in Halo 5, Blood Gulch would just turn into a DMR camp-fest. It would be even worse than Ragnarok.

Blood Gulch is an extremely open map, even more so than Vahalla. The bulk of the map is a massive open field with lots of small hills, and there is very little cover. With every incarnation of Blood Gulch, both bases had clear shots to each other, making Capture the Flag turn into a stalemate where 99% of the map is now a “no man’s land”

Imagine Settler and Ragnarok welded together, and then multiply itself by 1700. That is how horrible Blood Gulch would be in Halo 5. (Assuming Loadouts return)

Also, apart from the DMR-fest, Blood Gulch was loved by many for the insane vehicle combat. With personal loadouts, people can freely spawn with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades. Making any attempt in entering a vehicle highly discouraged.

It’s too late for remakes, now a new map formula is needed.

> Assuming Loadouts return in Halo 5, Blood Gulch would just turn into a DMR camp-fest. It would be even worse than Ragnarok.
>
> Blood Gulch is an extremely open map, even more so than Vahalla. The bulk of the map is a massive open field with lots of small hills, and there is very little cover. With every incarnation of Blood Gulch, both bases had clear shots to each other, making Capture the Flag turn into a stalemate where 99% of the map is now a “no man’s land”
>
> Imagine Settler and Ragnarok welded together, and then multiply itself by 1700. That is how horrible Blood Gulch would be in Halo 5. (Assuming Loadouts return)
>
> Also, apart from the DMR-fest, Blood Gulch was loved by many for the insane vehicle combat. With personal loadouts, people can freely spawn with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades. Making any attempt in entering a vehicle highly discouraged.
>
> It’s too late for remakes, now a new map formula is needed.

Blood gultch has already worked in reach with everyone in the match ising DMRs so I sy bring it back along with paradiso since they will play the map game safe if the new maps fail

Also I highly doubt they’ll make the PP and PGs loadout items since everyone hates them and there is loads of threads about it.

SANDTRAP!

> SANDTRAP!

This.

Sandtrap was insane with the Elephants.

Neither, Coag is much better than BG. If we’re going to get another big rocky canyon it better be Coag.

> Neither, Coag is much better than BG. If we’re going to get another big rocky canyon it better be Coag.

They’re essentially the same map except that Coagulation has Banshees on it.

If anything, we should be getting Waterworks. A great map that HASN’T been remade yet.

> Assuming Loadouts return in Halo 5, Blood Gulch would just turn into a DMR camp-fest. It would be even worse than Ragnarok.
>
> Blood Gulch is an extremely open map, even more so than Vahalla. The bulk of the map is a massive open field with lots of small hills, and there is very little cover. With every incarnation of Blood Gulch, both bases had clear shots to each other, making Capture the Flag turn into a stalemate where 99% of the map is now a “no man’s land”
>
> Imagine Settler and Ragnarok welded together, and then multiply itself by 1700. That is how horrible Blood Gulch would be in Halo 5. (Assuming Loadouts return)
>
> Also, apart from the DMR-fest, Blood Gulch was loved by many for the insane vehicle combat. With personal loadouts, people can freely spawn with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades. Making any attempt in entering a vehicle highly discouraged.
>
> It’s too late for remakes, now a new map formula is needed.

AGREED.

> > Neither, Coag is much better than BG. If we’re going to get another big rocky canyon it better be Coag.
>
> They’re essentially the same map except that Coagulation has Banshees on it.
>
> If anything, we should be getting Waterworks. A great map that HASN’T been remade yet.

They aren’t essentially the same map. Coag has bigger rolling hills, different cave structures, and the bases are much bigger and better. Coag is MUCH better in nearly every conceivable way. I agree though that is we are to get a remake we get one of a map that doesn’t already have a remake. Terminal, Relic, and Containment are good candidates.