Which level will benefit the most, least?

Obviously all the levels in the game will look much better, but what level do think is going to benefit the most from the remake, and the least?

I think most will be the Maw due to lots of special effects, etc. for explosions and the least will be Pillar of Autumn due to the fact that the environments are all metally and very clean originally.

I think The Library is definitely a contender. Supposedly now more easy to navigate hehe.

I think PoA and The Library will probably benefit most from the visual upgrade. Both were rather bland texture-wise and with a facelift could really have some unique environments to them.

The interrior spaces in The Silent Cartographer and 343 Guilty Spark will also benefit. Ewww. I can imagine the blood smeared walls in the latter already. xP

343 Guilty Spark is going to look alot better now, can’t wait to jump off the pelican into the sludge.

> The interrior spaces in The Silent Cartographer and 343 Guilty Spark will also benefit. Ewww. I can imagine the blood smeared walls in the latter already. xP

Oh, you just reminded me of the blood on the walls! That will probably be 10 times more gross

The Silent Cartographer, Halo, and most other levels taking place primarily outdoors will probably benefit the most, whereas levels that take place mostly indoors won’t benefit as much. I mean, grey corridors will remain grey corridors even with more shades of grey and probably a few more lights here and there.

Assault on the Control Room.

> Assault on the Control Room.

50% interior; 50% snow, i.e. white-on-grey. I doubt it. =)

> > Assault on the Control Room.
>
> 50% interior; 50% snow, i.e. white-on-grey. I doubt it. =)

Inside the Control room itself. Inside the large cave area (with the bridges). 'Narrows" type bridges.

I think it’ll look great.

I’ve got to say, I have no idea, but my shot in the dark would be a toss-up between The Silent Cartographer and 343 Guilty Spark. The latter in Combat Evolved has a lot of implied lushness, but it’s not all there. I’m really looking forward to spending a bit more time in that swamp than usual, personally. That is, however, a very small portion of the level, which is why it’s debatable with The Silent Cartographer. In my opinion, Cartographer will really benefit from its draw distances being a lot less implied and more real. It’ll also really benefit from the lush greenery that’s been added - as we’ve already seen at E3. I had also considered the level Halo. It’s got a lot of huge open draw distances with tons of implied landscape. Get out of the escape pod at the outset of the level and start crossing the bridge, and look down and left. That’s not pretty to look at exactly, right? But you can tell it’s supposed to be. I think Anniversary will upgrade that to be much more solid throughout the level. So it’s really a toss-up between these three levels - mainly the first two - for me.

As for which levels will benefit least… Probably either Pillar of Autumn or Truth & Reconciliation. Both are pretty fun - if simple - levels, but regardless of how good they look in 2011, they’ll still just be claustrophobic ship levels. You can’t change that about them, and it leaves little room for actual visual upgrade.

It ultimately will depend on people’s memories of what each level revealed to them. I personally think the Silent Cartographer was such a huge level that it will see the most impressive upgrade with its interior and exterior battlefields, in addition to, the quick cutscene on the bridge when you first get past the security door. Yeah, I have to say that people will see that as the most upgraded.

However, I am more about the “bigger picture” and thus will see the first glimpse at the Control Room as my first true, “take some time and remember this” moment. Why? Because I remember that pyramid more then anything from Halo:CE and cannot wait to see it in updated graphics.