Which is the most difficult level in Halo so far?

Hi, I have a question. Which is the most difficult level in the Halo video games so far?

Library on lazo i think

> 2535434101253033;1:
> Hi, I have a question. Which is the most difficult level in the Halo video games so far?

I think it’s mostly a lot of personal preference. Doing anything LASO is ridiculously difficult to begin with. And, when we’re talking earlier Halo’s - there are a lot of possible skips to do that cut sections of the game out.

Personally, I think Halo CE’s Assault on the Control Room and Halo 2’s Gravemind are among the most difficult.

Gravemind on LASO, when you can die before the cutscene even finishes, that tells you a lot about the game. Also tells you a lot about the nonsense of LASO.

I’m not well versed in LASO, so I’ll just go with traditional legendary. With that in mind… Gravemind. It’s easily the hardest level in all of H2. And since H2 is almost certainly the hardest Halo on Legendary, then Gravemind gets the crown.

The Library on Halo CE I play this map when i had 6 years and is sooo terryfind!

> 2533274812438213;4:
> Gravemind on LASO, when you can die before the cutscene even finishes, that tells you a lot about the game. Also tells you a lot about the nonsense of LASO.

Yep also this one is a true nightmare

Delta Halo on legendary used to be quite the annoyance for me, but I’d have to say Gravemind on LASO has been the most challenging experience.

In fact, you can make the missions as hard as you wish as long as you use the option to make your own rules like using a specific set of skulls. However, here are the hardest missions in traditional Legendary with no skulls active and no other special rules like zero shot or pacifist.

• Gravemind [Halo 2A, MCC] mainly to the beginning - Regret [Halo 2A, MCC] mainly due to all Jackal Snipers and the Regret fight - Two Betrayals [Halo CE/CEA] due to Rocket Flood

> 2535469120778295;9:
> In fact, you can make the missions as hard as you wish as long as you use the option to make your own rules like using a specific set of skulls. However, here are the hardest missions in traditional Legendary with no skulls active and no other special rules like zero shot or pacifist.
> - Gravemind [Halo 2A, MCC] mainly to the beginning - Regret [Halo 2A, MCC] mainly due to all Jackal Snipers and the Regret fight - Two Betrayals [Halo CE/CEA] due to Rocket Flood

I didn’t even think about Regret… That may be arguably harder than Gravemind. While Gravemind has its fair share of difficult sections, Regret is filled with Jackal snipers… and that boss fight turns into an incredible grind with the seemingly never ending flow of honor guards. The random spurts of Buggers, and the two separate hunter sections also make it a challenge.

It’s a misconception that Halo CE’s The Library and Halo 3’s Cortana are difficult levels. Even in Legendary, they are amongst the easiest levels in the entire original Halo trilogy. The Library’s length and the horror aspect of both levels have lead people to believe they are harder than they actually are. In both levels, all the player needs to do is take their time, do not progress forwards until all enemies in the area are wiped out, and don’t be afraid to backtrack for health / ammo or to recharge shields. Combat Forms are amongst the easiest enemies to take down. A single shot to the centre of their chest with a pistol, BR or carbine will bring them down in an instant. You won’t even need to use that shotgun because, if you’re doing things right, they’ll be dead before they get anywhere near you. On top of that, there’s literally a section of The Library in which you can just stand in a corner and wait without the Flood even noticing you there.

Many levels have incredibly difficult sections in Legendary. The first valley in the Halo CE level, Halo can get infuriating. The middle chasm in Two Betrayals can make you cry yourself to sleep. The opening to the Halo 2 level, Gravemind is hell itself. Let’s not even get started on the Jackal Snipers in Regret. The Brute Pack in Crow’s Nest can take bloody forever to get past. The list goes on… But in terms of overall difficult levels, I’d say Halo 5 has the most of them. Halo 5 on Legendary is damn-right unfair. The constant stream of impossible-to-dodge Promethean fire shot at you from every direction in almost every level on Halo 5 is insane! Their weapons are homing and their movements are untrackable. The mere existence of Halo 5’s Prometheans on any level in Legendary makes it a rougher fight than anything the previous Halo games ever presented.

> 2535435902217648;10:
> > 2535469120778295;9:
> > In fact, you can make the missions as hard as you wish as long as you use the option to make your own rules like using a specific set of skulls. However, here are the hardest missions in traditional Legendary with no skulls active and no other special rules like zero shot or pacifist.
> > - Gravemind [Halo 2A, MCC] mainly to the beginning - Regret [Halo 2A, MCC] mainly due to all Jackal Snipers and the Regret fight - Two Betrayals [Halo CE/CEA] due to Rocket Flood
>
> I didn’t even think about Regret… That may be arguably harder than Gravemind. While Gravemind has its fair share of difficult sections, Regret is filled with Jackal snipers… and that boss fight turns into an incredible grind with the seemingly never ending flow of honor guards. The random spurts of Buggers, and the two separate hunter sections also make it a challenge.

I sometimes forget about Regret also, but I think Regret is only 2nd to Gravemind because you can die before the stage cutscene even ends on Gravemind, don’t forget Gravemind also has Jackal Snipers in certain sections. Along with drones and Honor Guard Elites and Elite Ultras.

Gravemind

> 2533274812438213;12:
> > 2535435902217648;10:
> > > 2535469120778295;9:
> > > In fact, you can make the missions as hard as you wish as long as you use the option to make your own rules like using a specific set of skulls. However, here are the hardest missions in traditional Legendary with no skulls active and no other special rules like zero shot or pacifist.
> > > - Gravemind [Halo 2A, MCC] mainly to the beginning - Regret [Halo 2A, MCC] mainly due to all Jackal Snipers and the Regret fight - Two Betrayals [Halo CE/CEA] due to Rocket Flood
> >
> > I didn’t even think about Regret… That may be arguably harder than Gravemind. While Gravemind has its fair share of difficult sections, Regret is filled with Jackal snipers… and that boss fight turns into an incredible grind with the seemingly never ending flow of honor guards. The random spurts of Buggers, and the two separate hunter sections also make it a challenge.
>
> I sometimes forget about Regret also, but I think Regret is only 2nd to Gravemind because you can die before the stage cutscene even ends on Gravemind, don’t forget Gravemind also has Jackal Snipers in certain sections. Along with drones and Honor Guard Elites and Elite Ultras.

In my opinion, the Jackal Snipers doesn’t constitute as much of a problem in Gravemind compared to few other missions like Outskirts (if you don’t skip them), Delta Halo and Regret. Another bonus with the Jackal Snipers in Gravemind is that they are usually busy fighting the Elites.

> 2535415876049274;11:
> It’s a misconception that Halo CE’s The Library and Halo 3’s Cortana are difficult levels. Even in Legendary, they are amongst the easiest levels in the entire original Halo trilogy. The Library’s length and the horror aspect of both levels have lead people to believe they are harder than they actually are. In both levels, all the player needs to do is take their time, do not progress forwards until all enemies in the area are wiped out, and don’t be afraid to backtrack for health / ammo or to recharge shields. Combat Forms are amongst the easiest enemies to take down. A single shot to the centre of their chest with a pistol, BR or carbine will bring them down in an instant. You won’t even need to use that shotgun because, if you’re doing things right, they’ll be dead before they get anywhere near you. On top of that, there’s literally a section of The Library in which you can just stand in a corner and wait without the Flood even noticing you there.
>
> Many levels have incredibly difficult sections in Legendary. The first valley in the Halo CE level, Halo can get infuriating. The middle chasm in Two Betrayals can make you cry yourself to sleep. The opening to the Halo 2 level, Gravemind is hell itself. Let’s not even get started on the Jackal Snipers in Regret. The Brute Pack in Crow’s Nest can take bloody forever to get past. The list goes on… But in terms of overall difficult levels, I’d say Halo 5 has the most of them. Halo 5 on Legendary is damn-right unfair. The constant stream of impossible to dodge Promethean fire shot at you from every direction in almost every level on Halo 5 is insane! Their weapons are homing and their movements are untrackable. The mere existence of Halo 5’s Prometheans on any level in Legendary makes it a rougher fight than anything the previous Halo games presented.

There is nothing else to do than agree. In fact, Library is probably the easiest or second easiest mission in Halo 1 due to the lack of variation in terms of enemy types and combat situations.

Definitely gravemind, not much to add into that as most about it has been mentioned.

> 2535469120778295;15:
> > 2535415876049274;11:
> > It’s a misconception that Halo CE’s The Library and Halo 3’s Cortana are difficult levels. Even in Legendary, they are amongst the easiest levels in the entire original Halo trilogy. The Library’s length and the horror aspect of both levels have lead people to believe they are harder than they actually are. In both levels, all the player needs to do is take their time, do not progress forwards until all enemies in the area are wiped out, and don’t be afraid to backtrack for health / ammo or to recharge shields. Combat Forms are amongst the easiest enemies to take down. A single shot to the centre of their chest with a pistol, BR or carbine will bring them down in an instant. You won’t even need to use that shotgun because, if you’re doing things right, they’ll be dead before they get anywhere near you. On top of that, there’s literally a section of The Library in which you can just stand in a corner and wait without the Flood even noticing you there.
> >
> > Many levels have incredibly difficult sections in Legendary. The first valley in the Halo CE level, Halo can get infuriating. The middle chasm in Two Betrayals can make you cry yourself to sleep. The opening to the Halo 2 level, Gravemind is hell itself. Let’s not even get started on the Jackal Snipers in Regret. The Brute Pack in Crow’s Nest can take bloody forever to get past. The list goes on… But in terms of overall difficult levels, I’d say Halo 5 has the most of them. Halo 5 on Legendary is damn-right unfair. The constant stream of impossible to dodge Promethean fire shot at you from every direction in almost every level on Halo 5 is insane! Their weapons are homing and their movements are untrackable. The mere existence of Halo 5’s Prometheans on any level in Legendary makes it a rougher fight than anything the previous Halo games presented.
>
> There is nothing else to do than agree. In fact, Library is probably the easiest or second easiest mission in Halo 1 due to the lack of variation in terms of enemy types and combat situations.

agree with y’all’s sentiments. The Library is just SUCH A GRIND. The only strategy you need is to walk forward until the checkpoint loads or you see the red start to fill up your motion tracker. Then run backwards and wait for the enemies to come at you… repeat a hundred times and the level is over. The only actual challenge is the small room where you get locked in for about a minute. But even then, you can tuck away in a corner and take them on one at a time as they come around the corner.

> 2535435902217648;17:
> > 2535469120778295;15:
> > > 2535415876049274;11:
> > > It’s a misconception that Halo CE’s The Library and Halo 3’s Cortana are difficult levels. Even in Legendary, they are amongst the easiest levels in the entire original Halo trilogy. The Library’s length and the horror aspect of both levels have lead people to believe they are harder than they actually are. In both levels, all the player needs to do is take their time, do not progress forwards until all enemies in the area are wiped out, and don’t be afraid to backtrack for health / ammo or to recharge shields. Combat Forms are amongst the easiest enemies to take down. A single shot to the centre of their chest with a pistol, BR or carbine will bring them down in an instant. You won’t even need to use that shotgun because, if you’re doing things right, they’ll be dead before they get anywhere near you. On top of that, there’s literally a section of The Library in which you can just stand in a corner and wait without the Flood even noticing you there.
> > >
> > > Many levels have incredibly difficult sections in Legendary. The first valley in the Halo CE level, Halo can get infuriating. The middle chasm in Two Betrayals can make you cry yourself to sleep. The opening to the Halo 2 level, Gravemind is hell itself. Let’s not even get started on the Jackal Snipers in Regret. The Brute Pack in Crow’s Nest can take bloody forever to get past. The list goes on… But in terms of overall difficult levels, I’d say Halo 5 has the most of them. Halo 5 on Legendary is damn-right unfair. The constant stream of impossible to dodge Promethean fire shot at you from every direction in almost every level on Halo 5 is insane! Their weapons are homing and their movements are untrackable. The mere existence of Halo 5’s Prometheans on any level in Legendary makes it a rougher fight than anything the previous Halo games presented.
> >
> > There is nothing else to do than agree. In fact, Library is probably the easiest or second easiest mission in Halo 1 due to the lack of variation in terms of enemy types and combat situations.
>
> agree with y’all’s sentiments. The Library is just SUCH A GRIND. The only strategy you need is to walk forward until the checkpoint loads or you see the red start to fill up your motion tracker. Then run backwards and wait for the enemies to come at you… repeat a hundred times and the level is over. The only actual challenge is the small room where you get locked in for about a minute. But even then, you can tuck away in a corner and take them on one at a time as they come around the corner.

In my opinion, The Library isn’t that big of a grind at all when you start to learn the level. When I play that mission, the strategy varies greatly between tge different sectionsof the mission. In some sections, I run past everything while other sections are taken down slowly and carefully.

Another bonus with The Library is that you only need to fight 2 out 3 Rocket Flood and they are relatively easy if you are prepared for them.

> 2535469120778295;15:
> > 2535415876049274;11:
> > It’s a misconception that Halo CE’s The Library and Halo 3’s Cortana are difficult levels. Even in Legendary, they are amongst the easiest levels in the entire original Halo trilogy. The Library’s length and the horror aspect of both levels have lead people to believe they are harder than they actually are. In both levels, all the player needs to do is take their time, do not progress forwards until all enemies in the area are wiped out, and don’t be afraid to backtrack for health / ammo or to recharge shields. Combat Forms are amongst the easiest enemies to take down. A single shot to the centre of their chest with a pistol, BR or carbine will bring them down in an instant. You won’t even need to use that shotgun because, if you’re doing things right, they’ll be dead before they get anywhere near you. On top of that, there’s literally a section of The Library in which you can just stand in a corner and wait without the Flood even noticing you there.
> >
> > Many levels have incredibly difficult sections in Legendary. The first valley in the Halo CE level, Halo can get infuriating. The middle chasm in Two Betrayals can make you cry yourself to sleep. The opening to the Halo 2 level, Gravemind is hell itself. Let’s not even get started on the Jackal Snipers in Regret. The Brute Pack in Crow’s Nest can take bloody forever to get past. The list goes on… But in terms of overall difficult levels, I’d say Halo 5 has the most of them. Halo 5 on Legendary is damn-right unfair. The constant stream of impossible to dodge Promethean fire shot at you from every direction in almost every level on Halo 5 is insane! Their weapons are homing and their movements are untrackable. The mere existence of Halo 5’s Prometheans on any level in Legendary makes it a rougher fight than anything the previous Halo games presented.
>
> There is nothing else to do than agree. In fact, Library is probably the easiest or second easiest mission in Halo 1 due to the lack of variation in terms of enemy types and combat situations.

I wouldnt say that it is the easiest mission. To that I would say poa is the easiest from the lack of jackals and how repetitive the level gets. As I played the library, I found some sections to be easily skipable from the design of the level but some parts were in fact pretty difficult such as the end where infinite flood chase you to getting the index.

Curious, what would everyone say would be the easiest level on legendary (regular legendary) for each game in the MCC? With the challenges released, I’d like to take the least among of time to get that XP.