which is better, halo 4 or the halo 4 forums?

i’m a little burnt out on the COD version of halo, or Halo 4. too far a step from halo to be enjoyed by many of the same fans. this is the first title i didn’t care for. Reach wasn’t that great either.

I’ve actually been having considerably more fun on the halo forums than i have on the actual game, by far. like, a lot more fun.

I enjoy both.

:stuck_out_tongue:

For me, Halo 4 has to be one of the best so far. It’s all opinion. I think people have been way too hard on 343i. They’ve produced an incredible game that few dev teams could have done. No game will ever be the “perfect” game, but too many people expect that.

i spend more time on the forums then the game

> For me, Halo 4 has to be one of the best so far. It’s all opinion. I think people have been way too hard on 343i. They’ve produced an incredible game that few dev teams could have done. No game will ever be the “perfect” game, but too many people expect that.

I don’t believe people want a “perfect” game. They/we just want what we know and love from Halo, just improved upon.

I for one love the direction they are going in, I just hate how they are going about it. Stop making change for the sake of change and listen to your fans. Not your one nighters either. The actual Halo fans, the Halo communities, the diehards.

I haven’t touched Halo 4 in about a month. So forums.

> > For me, Halo 4 has to be one of the best so far. It’s all opinion. I think people have been way too hard on 343i. They’ve produced an incredible game that few dev teams could have done. No game will ever be the “perfect” game, but too many people expect that.
>
> I don’t believe people want a “perfect” game. They/we just want what we know and love from Halo, just improved upon.
>
> I for one love the direction they are going in, I just hate how they are going about it. Stop making change for the sake of change and listen to your fans. Not your one nighters either. The actual Halo fans, the Halo communities, the diehards.

But one-nighters make a lot of money when you spend most of your budget on your advertising campaign.

Ugh, OP.
What you’re asking is whether I enjoy doing “grindy” dances with a partner made of rusty sawblades or trying to convince an elephant that he needs to stop eating Doritos and return to his elephant-appropriate diet.
…I’ll go with the elephant.

Halo 4 is a fine game. All of the Halo fans complaining are just mad that it isn’t specifically tailored to them. Examples:

Keep getting killed by the DMR? Nerf it now please.

Boltshot keeps killing me because I’m too impatient and run around the corner? Get rid of it please.

I can’t kill quickly with the BR because I keep missing? Make it a 4sk please.

Camo players get the jump on me because I don’t know how to watch my radar? Please just get rid of it.

Ordinance so I can no longer camp the power weapons and keep the game as predictable as possible? They suck, please get rid of them 343i.

And I can keep going…it doesn’t stop there. >_>

Honestly I’ve spent more time here than on the MP of Halo 4.

i myself am probly on these forums more than i play the game… like even right now i want to play, but not this…

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I absolutely hate how 343 tried to give EVERYONE a piece of the halo cake, by making it accessible to all.

All that the core halo fans get is a really tiny bit of that cake…

Here’s what i could imagine 343 thought of…

“How do we make more money?”
Make it accessible to as many people as possible!
“How do we do that?”
Put tons of aim assist on the guns, and for those who still can’t aim, give them a 1shot kill weapon on spawn!
“What about those fools who run around blindly on a map, and don’t know where the weapons spawn?”
Put markers over the few weapons that do spawn on the map, and reward players with random weapons when their team mates kill enemies that where shooting at them.
“What about the pro’s? They’ll destroy the new players!”
Don’t worry, just take the skill gap, and chuck it in a paper bin, and give everyone a digitalized log of excrement.

One thing i do not understand though, is why 343 is thinking people would buy 5 and 6, when halo 4 was a machine for milking Call of duty kids…

I thought halo 4’s campaign was pretty good though, but in comparison to the other halos it’s a linear piece of karp. karp, like a fish… Yeah, like CoD.

It’s sad the fact that all the time I spend here giving my opinion about H4 is time I should have spent playing the game.

343i just needs to bring out a classic playlist and all the whining will cease to exist (probably not for these forums though…zing)

They don’t have to abandon new Halo. They just need to accommodate both kinds of players.

> 343i just needs to bring out a classic playlist and all the whining will cease to exist (probably not for these forums though…zing)

Because obviously the only thing missing from the game is a playlist right guys

Well, im SR130 but… i agree OP.

Welcome to the club…

> > 343i just needs to bring out a classic playlist and all the whining will cease to exist (probably not for these forums though…zing)
>
> Because obviously the only thing missing from the game is a playlist right guys

Well, that and Customs and file share.

But pretty much a Classic playlist is the sum of all the whining. Trust, i’ve lurked here a bit…thats pretty much what all the crying is about.

Oh and the fact your precious BRs are not the king anymore…

Haha! The game, for sure.
The forums seem to add to my enjoying of the game though, cause somewhere in my mind, I’m playing with or against the community I’ve actually engaged here.
And I’ve learned a lot more about the game from being on the forums too, as far as the potential of the gameplay.

Halo should be more based around Halo, Call of Duty can stick with what they do.

> > 343i just needs to bring out a classic playlist and all the whining will cease to exist (probably not for these forums though…zing)
>
> Because obviously the only thing missing from the game is a playlist right guys

I mean it’s not like we’re missing core gametypes like Assault, Juggernaut, and a customizable infection. Or a gametype that was added in the first place for a specific community to reward them for all of the hard work they put into making halo a racing game. Why is sarcasm so much fun? Seriously why remove Race it’s like giving a baby a lollypop just for someone else to come up snatch it from them and then eat it right in front of them. Sure they can still make race maps, but it won’t be as good as when they had an actual gametype. Not too mention a proper race playlist in MM would have been great.