which halo should I play to get ready for H5?

I missed out on the beta so I don’t know how halo 5 feels.to those that did get to play it,which halo would you suggest playing to get ready for 5?

halo 5 I think is kinda its own thing and no other halo is quite like it, but if I were to pick id say halo 3 if I had to pick one.

I’d say Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 4. The beta felt like a mix of those two games. The other Halo’s are just to different.

I hate to say this but I movements are most similar to H4 imo. Sprint with thruster is at least an option in h4 and not in the other halos. Gun play felt like h2 to me personally. Also I’m assuming you own the MCC cause it will feel way different at 30fps

In terms of how the aiming itself feels I’d say Halo 3 is the closest sans projectiles, though every other aspect feels nothing like Halo 3.

You should play through any campaign with the Eye-Patch skull on.

Aim-assist was almost non-existent in the beta.

Watch the beginning and ending cutscenes of Halo 2 Anniversary, as they are exactly about Halo 5. Then play Halo 4’s Campaign to understand the characters and their feelings when they appear in Halo 5.

If you want to get used to the guns, Halo 2 is your man. Movement, Combat Evolved or 2 is a good bet. As for abilities, Play Halo 4 using a loadout with Thruster Pack, Assault Rifle, Magnum, and Frag Grenades. Use Thruster Pack to get used to thrusting around the battlefield and to get behind cover faster.

> 2533274978553590;6:
> You should play through any campaign with the Eye-Patch skull on.
>
> Aim-assist was almost non-existent in the beta.

there was aim-assist but it had its own way of working.

Almost like it helped snap the cursor on the opponent and then aim assist turned itself off…
It WAS there but just… not…
Hard to explain personally

master chief collection

> 2533274883108544;9:
> > 2533274978553590;6:
> > You should play through any campaign with the Eye-Patch skull on.
> >
> > Aim-assist was almost non-existent in the beta.
>
>
> there was aim-assist but it had its own way of working.
>
> Almost like it helped snap the cursor on the opponent and then aim assist turned itself off…
> It WAS there but just… not…
> Hard to explain personally

Halo 5 didn’t have much aim-assist, but it had plentiful amounts of something called bullet-magnetism. I’m not expert on it, but I assume that the term is pretty self explanatory.

4?

> 2533274978553590;11:
> > 2533274883108544;9:
> > > 2533274978553590;6:
> > > You should play through any campaign with the Eye-Patch skull on.
> > > Aim-assist was almost non-existent in the beta.
> >
> >
> > there was aim-assist but it had its own way of working.
> > Almost like it helped snap the cursor on the opponent and then aim assist turned itself off…
> > It WAS there but just… not…
> > Hard to explain personally
>
>
> Halo 5 didn’t have much aim-assist, but it had plentiful amounts of something called bullet-magnetism. I’m not expert on it, but I assume that the term is pretty self explanatory.

It’s not hard to explain but it is easy to misinterpret.What many players feel the difference between Halos with is the “reticle friction” and “reticle drag” mechanics of the aim-assists which include a few other factors such as bullet magnetism itself. (notice the PR’s bending projectiles on a non-red reticle+off target shot).

Because of varying amounts of the reticle friction and drag, it can feel very different from game to game when scanning/swiping across a target. For the more dexterously skilled, the mechanics can actually fight the intent of the player and it is why there is a claim that H2 and H3 have the lowest aim accelerations… It’s really that they have the lowest drag and/or friction combinations so that the reticle “floats” more… A claim some have given to H5 at the moment.
Wanna test reticle friction? Load up MCC and CE, change your sensitivity to 10, load up a custom 2-player FFA and goof of just swiping the reticles over the opponent in red reticle range. Notice the sensitivity drops dramatically?
Wanna see its effects in H3 at its greatest? With a high sensitivity, load up a custom H3, 2-player FFA and goof of with the sniper at about 20, scoped in once. (different mechanics scoped and unscoped).

Halo4 is one’s best bet on the MCC to “practice” for H5. You get perma-sprint (though functionally much different) and quite often Thruster Pack. You can partially train your muscle memory to use those buttons now for later. The precisions will act very similar but the fullautos are going to be different. Don’t forget that in H4, you can pulse the AR and Storm Rifle for sustained accurate shooting, a little bit of leading with the SR as range increases with that pulsing for maximum effect (H5, you’d Smart Scope for similar effect:)

Halo Wars

Halo 2 Anniversary, because the shooting is very similiar. Movement changes can just be learned at the time. Halo 4 does not have de-scope and has flinch so I don’t think its a good game to play in preparation for H5

> 2533274801802416;8:
> If you want to get used to the guns, Halo 2 is your man. Movement, Combat Evolved or 2 is a good bet. As for abilities, Play Halo 4 using a loadout with Thruster Pack, Assault Rifle, Magnum, and Frag Grenades. Use Thruster Pack to get used to thrusting around the battlefield and to get behind cover faster.

The only thing is that thrusters are kind of awkward and disorienting in Halo 4. They cause you to enter 3rd person view and then go back to first person. Maybe its less disorienting when you get used to it but its different than H5.
This is one reason I hope they disable or optimize the view shifting on the Spartan charge.

spartan strike

Mmm… H5 is H4 BTB+CoD AW.

Play some CE and some 4.

CE: Static weapon timers and powerful pistol (Josh Holmes said that H5 pistol has been buffed considerably, almost to CE tiers of godliness). Plus the movement speed and strafe are fast.

4: AR + Pistol w/Thruster & Mobility.

> 2640503352964730;4:
> I hate to say this but I movements are most similar to H4 imo. Sprint with thruster is at least an option in h4 and not in the other halos. Gun play felt like h2 to me personally. Also I’m assuming you own the MCC cause it will feel way different at 30fps

Its at 60fps