Which Halo 4 weapons too overpowered to you?

BR-5 shots or 4 shots
DMR- ?
Boltshot- less range
Scattershot & Shotgun- ?
Sniper- Perfect :slight_smile:
Beam Rifle- Perfect :slight_smile:
AR-?
etc…

IMO no weapon is overpowered or underpowered. It’s the skill that the player wielding the weapon has that makes it overpowered or underpowered.

> BR-5 shots or 4 shots
> DMR- ? Placed on map.
> Boltshot- less range Switch range with scattershot
> Scattershot & Shotgun- ? Scattershot switch range with boltshot
> Sniper- Perfect :slight_smile:
> Beam Rifle- Perfect :slight_smile: Reduce no scope aim assist, things a 1 hit canon.
> AR-? good.
> etc…

Frankly, I know the DMR outclasses all it’s other weapons statistically.

> > BR-5 shots or 4 shots
> > DMR- ? Placed on map.
> > Boltshot- less range Switch range with scattershot
> > Scattershot & Shotgun- ? Scattershot switch range with boltshot
> > Sniper- Perfect :slight_smile:
> > Beam Rifle- Perfect :slight_smile: Reduce no scope aim assist, things a 1 hit canon.
> > AR-? good.
> > etc…
>
> Frankly, I know the DMR outclasses all it’s other weapons statistically.

You forgot to mention that all the weapons need to descope when shot at.

> > BR-5 shots or 4 shots
> > DMR- ? Placed on map.
> > Boltshot- less range Switch range with scattershot
> > Scattershot & Shotgun- ? Scattershot switch range with boltshot
> > Sniper- Perfect :slight_smile:
> > Beam Rifle- Perfect :slight_smile: Reduce no scope aim assist, things a 1 hit canon.
> > AR-? good.
> > etc…
>
> Frankly, I know the DMR outclasses all it’s other weapons statistically.

From your list, I don’t think the Boltshot should switch ranges withthe scattershot, but get an overall range nerf period. I’m talking shorter than the scattershot and shotgun. Maybe like 5m will be it’s effective range. Right now it’s at 9m, which is too powerful, more than the shotgun and scattershot’s 7.5m. Everything else I agree with in your list. Maybe with placing the DMR on the map, make the ROF slower or make the bloom larger. Maybe slower ROF with more bloom per shot.

I think there are too many weapons that can one shot you in cheap ways, Binary Rifle and Railgun for example. But they’re still fun to use.

I just don’t like the power of DMR. It needs to have a lil bit bigger bloom to make it more balanced, again the Assault Rifle seems to have a bit too much recoil in my opinion. It can be pretty difficult to outplay a DMR or BR user in mid-range with it.

Boltshot then, well, there shouldn’t be a starting weapon that can one-shot people in a game like this.

These are all my opinions. You can freely hate 'em if you feel like it.

Needler.

Giving Elites supercombine… it makes sense.

Giving 3 out of every 4 Grunts or Jackals a Needler… it’s insane.

Dmr

What if dmr’s accuracy was affected by its rate of fire like in reach? Would you guys like that?

I like the weapons as it it.

Plasma grenades
and
the
Plasma Pistol

getting in a warthog shouldn’t hammer the nail on your coffin

> I just don’t like the power of DMR. It needs to have a lil bit bigger bloom to make it more balanced,

nonononononononononononononono

Do you actually recognize what the problem with the DMR is or do you just dislike it? If you have any idea of what’s going on, you would realize that’s NOT going to fix it. Adding randomness is the absolute last thing we need. A very slight rate of fire reduction with less magnetism/assist would do just fine, though!

Boltshot it acts more like a shotgun than a pistol.

> Boltshot it acts more like a shotgun than a pistol.

If it performed well as both, it would be far too versatile and would give people even less reason to use the other secondaries

-DMR
-Bolshot

Grids in forge.OP.

None of them feel overpowered to me. For me overpowered means you’re going to lose to the guy who has this weapon most of the time and you’ll have a very hard time escaping them. The Reach rocket launcher would be considered OP because its radius made it so you had no chance of escape by the time you realized the other guy had it (Short of armor lock and occasionally evade).

Losing to the person is sort of given with an OP weapon, but the inability to escape or avoid them is an important factor. You can beat a DMR user all kinds of ways, and when you can’t kill a boltshot user often you can just avoid them.

There are plenty of weapons that suck in Halo 4 (BR, Carbine, all automatics except the SAW) but none that are overpowered. DMR would be best fixed by bringing other weapons up to its level, boltshot can stay the same or take a hit to its kill range.

Lag

DMR and Boltshot. Also, Plasma Grenade (and to a lesser extent Plasma Pistol) starts in loadouts really hurt vehicle combat, IMO.