Which game or set of games reminds you of Halo?

If you’ve ever played any other games besides Halo, you might notice that there’s some games that can similarize themselves to Halo. (how I look at it) From your viewpoint, what games have you played in the past that have a similar concept, or feeling to Halo, whether it would be game mechanics, voice acting, etc.

I’m just going to say CoD Infinite Warfare.
I didn’t play it. But some things in the game seem familiar…

> 2535469741293678;2:
> I’m just going to say CoD Infinite Warfare.
> I didn’t play it. But some things in the game seem familiar…

Lol, in my opinion, Prototype, Bioshock, and Resident Evil, mostly because those games involve a virus that turns the enemies into mutated, infected beings, kind of like what the flood does.

> 2533274966128049;3:
> > 2535469741293678;2:
> > I’m just going to say CoD Infinite Warfare.
> > I didn’t play it. But some things in the game seem familiar…
>
> Lol, in my opinion, Prototype, Bioshock, and Resident Evil, mostly because those games involve a virus that turns the enemies into mutated, infected beings, kind of like what the flood does.

Yeah I have to agree. Maybe not Resident EVII though. From what the lore says, it takes a while to infect someone. Unlike the Flood which does it almost instantly.

> 2535469741293678;4:
> > 2533274966128049;3:
> > > 2535469741293678;2:
> > > I’m just going to say CoD Infinite Warfare.
> > > I didn’t play it. But some things in the game seem familiar…
> >
> > Lol, in my opinion, Prototype, Bioshock, and Resident Evil, mostly because those games involve a virus that turns the enemies into mutated, infected beings, kind of like what the flood does.
>
> Yeah I have to agree. Maybe not Resident EVII though. From what the lore says, it takes a while to infect someone. Unlike the Flood which does it almost instantly.

I’ve only played Resident Evil 5, nor do I read any books or lore, I just don’t have time for all of that. But I somewhat pay attention to the plot and story.

I’m actually going to agree with Pancake here. I have played Infinite Warfare and there were some familiar elements from the Haloverse in it. Insurrectionist wise at least.

Marathon from Bungie. Granted, the trilogy laid down the groundwork for Halo, but I still love it. Not bad for something that started in 1994.

> 2535429593088083;7:
> Marathon from Bungie. Granted, the trilogy laid down the groundwork for Halo, but I still love it. Not bad for something that started in 1994.

I’ve never played Marathon before, but I’ve seen gameplay of it, it looks pretty fun.

> 2533274966128049;8:
> > 2535429593088083;7:
> > Marathon from Bungie. Granted, the trilogy laid down the groundwork for Halo, but I still love it. Not bad for something that started in 1994.
>
> I’ve never played Marathon before, but I’ve seen gameplay of it, it looks pretty fun.

It’s basically Bungie’s answer to the then-insanely popular Doom. The gameplay footage seen here is running on the Aleph One engine, which allows you to play all three Marathon games on all types of modern computing platforms.

WARNING - The installation process is very complicated; you need to download and open the zip files, organize them into folders (one for each game), and create working shortcuts. This will take you hours, if not, days to complete. But once you get everything out of the way, it’s so worth the trouble.

There was an obscure game called “Snowblind” for the original xbox. It was the only non-Halo shooter I ever played for more than five minutes because it was similar enough to Halo that I didn’t have to re-learn how to play.

Contra, at some level, the aliens looks quite similar to the Covenant

> 2535429593088083;9:
> > 2533274966128049;8:
> > > 2535429593088083;7:
> > > Marathon from Bungie. Granted, the trilogy laid down the groundwork for Halo, but I still love it. Not bad for something that started in 1994.
> >
> > I’ve never played Marathon before, but I’ve seen gameplay of it, it looks pretty fun.
>
> It’s basically Bungie’s answer to the then-insanely popular Doom. The gameplay footage seen here is running on the Aleph One engine, which allows you to play all three Marathon games on all types of modern computing platforms.
>
> WARNING - The installation process is very complicated; you need to download and open the zip files, organize them into folders (one for each game), and create working shortcuts. This will take you hours, if not, days to complete. But once you get everything out of the way, it’s so worth the trouble.

Would it ever be possible to complete it in just one day? Especially if you don’t eat or do anything else?

> 2533274966128049;12:
> > 2535429593088083;9:
> > > 2533274966128049;8:
> > > > 2535429593088083;7:
> > > > Marathon from Bungie. Granted, the trilogy laid down the groundwork for Halo, but I still love it. Not bad for something that started in 1994.
> > >
> > > I’ve never played Marathon before, but I’ve seen gameplay of it, it looks pretty fun.
> >
> > It’s basically Bungie’s answer to the then-insanely popular Doom. The gameplay footage seen here is running on the Aleph One engine, which allows you to play all three Marathon games on all types of modern computing platforms.
> >
> > WARNING - The installation process is very complicated; you need to download and open the zip files, organize them into folders (one for each game), and create working shortcuts. This will take you hours, if not, days to complete. But once you get everything out of the way, it’s so worth the trouble.
>
> Would it ever be possible to complete it in just one day? Especially if you don’t eat or do anything else?

Yes! But I do recommend that you have a drink while you’re at it. Then again, I do wish that I could share the files with you to make things easier… :\

N.O.V.A 3. its a mobile shooter and they have free version if you wanna try it out. I can’t find the first 2 but if you look into it you find that the developers idea or inspiration for was literally a combo of halo and metroid. and it’s one heck of a game for a mobile shooter.

CoD: IW reminds me of Halo a lot. Never played it, but…

Also, Destiny reminds me of some game that I can’t think of right now. Something about the AI floating around your head, a galaxy destroying plague, big aliens with swords, a vehicle that hovers over land with a boost function, and you having to save the world from something, just feels fairly reminiscent of something… but what?

> 2535429593088083;9:
> > 2533274966128049;8:
> > > 2535429593088083;7:
> > > Marathon from Bungie. Granted, the trilogy laid down the groundwork for Halo, but I still love it. Not bad for something that started in 1994.
> >
> > I’ve never played Marathon before, but I’ve seen gameplay of it, it looks pretty fun.
>
> It’s basically Bungie’s answer to the then-insanely popular Doom. The gameplay footage seen here is running on the Aleph One engine, which allows you to play all three Marathon games on all types of modern computing platforms.
>
> WARNING - The installation process is very complicated; you need to download and open the zip files, organize them into folders (one for each game), and create working shortcuts. This will take you hours, if not, days to complete. But once you get everything out of the way, it’s so worth the trouble.

There is (or at least was) an arcade version on the Xbox Store of Marathon: Durandal. I know I still have it, because I bought it back in 2010 when Bungie was doing those nameplates for Reach. Not sure if it’s still available or not. It’s worth a playthrough, just to see Bungie before Halo.

> 2533274850493408;16:
> > 2535429593088083;9:
> > > > Marathon from Bungie. Granted, the trilogy laid down the groundwork for Halo, but I still love it. Not bad for something that started in 1994.
> > >
> > > I’ve never played Marathon before, but I’ve seen gameplay of it, it looks pretty fun.
> >
> > It’s basically Bungie’s answer to the then-insanely popular Doom. The gameplay footage seen here is running on the Aleph One engine, which allows you to play all three Marathon games on all types of modern computing platforms.
> >
> > WARNING - The installation process is very complicated; you need to download and open the zip files, organize them into folders (one for each game), and create working shortcuts. This will take you hours, if not, days to complete. But once you get everything out of the way, it’s so worth the trouble.
>
> There is (or at least was) an arcade version on the Xbox Store of Marathon: Durandal. I know I still have it, because I bought it back in 2010 when Bungie was doing those nameplates for Reach. Not sure if it’s still available or not. It’s worth a playthrough, just to see Bungie before Halo.

I don’t think Durandal is available for the Xbox One. On a bonus note, Durandal is the name one of three A.Is in the series, alongside Leela and Tycho.

> 2533274850493408;16:
> > 2535429593088083;9:
> > >
> >
> >
>
> There is (or at least was) an arcade version on the Xbox Store of Marathon: Durandal. I know I still have it, because I bought it back in 2010 when Bungie was doing those nameplates for Reach. Not sure if it’s still available or not. It’s worth a playthrough, just to see Bungie before Halo.

It’ll still be in the marketplace unless there was some content that wasn’t approved for some reason.

> 2535429593088083;17:
> > 2533274850493408;16:
> > > 2535429593088083;9:
> > > > 2533274966128049;8:
> > > > > 2535429593088083;7:
> > > > > Marathon from Bungie. Granted, the trilogy laid down the groundwork for Halo, but I still love it. Not bad for something that started in 1994.
> > > >
> > > > I’ve never played Marathon before, but I’ve seen gameplay of it, it looks pretty fun.
> > >
> > > It’s basically Bungie’s answer to the then-insanely popular Doom. The gameplay footage seen here is running on the Aleph One engine, which allows you to play all three Marathon games on all types of modern computing platforms.
> > >
> > > WARNING - The installation process is very complicated; you need to download and open the zip files, organize them into folders (one for each game), and create working shortcuts. This will take you hours, if not, days to complete. But once you get everything out of the way, it’s so worth the trouble.
> >
> > There is (or at least was) an arcade version on the Xbox Store of Marathon: Durandal. I know I still have it, because I bought it back in 2010 when Bungie was doing those nameplates for Reach. Not sure if it’s still available or not. It’s worth a playthrough, just to see Bungie before Halo.
>
> I don’t think Durandal is available for the Xbox One. On a bonus note, Durandal is the name one of three A.Is in the series, alongside Leela and Tycho.

It probably isn’t, forgot to mention that I did that on 360. However, if you still have a 360 lying around and want to spend a few bucks (probably like 3) instead of sitting in the download queue for days, there’s that option. I remember one of the multiplayer maps was called 5-D, and there was another that was exactly like Halo 2’s Foundation.

> 2533274850493408;19:
> > 2535429593088083;17:
> > > 2533274850493408;16:
> > > > 2535429593088083;9:
> > > > > 2533274966128049;8:
> > > > > > 2535429593088083;7:
> > > > > > Marathon from Bungie. Granted, the trilogy laid down the groundwork for Halo, but I still love it. Not bad for something that started in 1994.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’ve never played Marathon before, but I’ve seen gameplay of it, it looks pretty fun.
> > > >
> > > > It’s basically Bungie’s answer to the then-insanely popular Doom. The gameplay footage seen here is running on the Aleph One engine, which allows you to play all three Marathon games on all types of modern computing platforms.
> > > >
> > > > WARNING - The installation process is very complicated; you need to download and open the zip files, organize them into folders (one for each game), and create working shortcuts. This will take you hours, if not, days to complete. But once you get everything out of the way, it’s so worth the trouble.
> > >
> > > There is (or at least was) an arcade version on the Xbox Store of Marathon: Durandal. I know I still have it, because I bought it back in 2010 when Bungie was doing those nameplates for Reach. Not sure if it’s still available or not. It’s worth a playthrough, just to see Bungie before Halo.
> >
> > I don’t think Durandal is available for the Xbox One. On a bonus note, Durandal is the name one of three A.Is in the series, alongside Leela and Tycho.
>
> It probably isn’t, forgot to mention that I did that on 360. However, if you still have a 360 lying around and want to spend a few bucks (probably like 3) instead of sitting in the download queue for days, there’s that option. I remember one of the multiplayer maps was called 5-D, and there was another that was exactly like Halo 2’s Foundation.

Many things in Halo drew inspirations from Marathon, and that’s what makes it special (and in a way, relevant in today’s era) in my eyes. That’s why I wear the Reclaimer symbol to honour the past. If Bungie were to announce a reboot of the series, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. They better take notes from Doom (2016) if they were to do so.