Which fraction can defeat the Flood?

Yes, I’m starting a new forum for this. Pick any fraction from any universe vs the Flood.
Rules:

• Flood exist as an external invasion force - There is no cure for the Flood - The Flood can infect any Biological organism - You can’t use time-travel or other non-conventional science-fantasy technology. - The fraction will be using the resources available to them (ex. the SW Empire has to be in a galaxy far far away, Zerg have to be in the Koprulu sector)Ok, go.

The Xeelee.Cause time travel is an standard weapon for them.
Otherwise I cant think about any fraction.

When it comes to non-Halo Universe factions, then I would say that the Galactic Empire (at the height of their power) could stand a decent chance against them.

IMO all they would have to do is destroy overrun planets with the Death Star, and pick off Flood-infected ships with their massive fleet.

> 2533274888352703;3:
> When it comes to non-Halo Universe factions, then I would say that the Galactic Empire (at the height of their power) could stand a decent chance against them.
>
> IMO all they would have to do is destroy overrun planets with the Death Star, and pick off Flood-infected ships with their massive fleet.

The Forerunners weren’t able to slow the Flood down by turning stars into black holes anywhere they found the Flood. If destroying entire star systems couldn’t stop them, I don’t see how destroying planets one at a time would stand any chance.

> 2533274883501878;4:
> > 2533274888352703;3:
> > When it comes to non-Halo Universe factions, then I would say that the Galactic Empire (at the height of their power) could stand a decent chance against them.
> >
> > IMO all they would have to do is destroy overrun planets with the Death Star, and pick off Flood-infected ships with their massive fleet.
>
> The Forerunners weren’t able to slow the Flood down by turning stars into black holes anywhere they found the Flood. If destroying entire star systems couldn’t stop them, I don’t see how destroying planets one at a time would stand any chance.

I wasn’t aware of that particular bit of lore. Regardless, I think that part of the reason why the Forerunners were unsuccessful is because they had just finished fighting a war with the Ancient Humans and they didn’t recognize the Flood threat until it was too late. I don’t think that the Empire would be as likely to make the same mistake.

I was going to say the Imperium of Man from Warhammer 40,000…but then I realized that the Flood wouldn’t’ even survive in that universe from the start.

Say the Flood got to a planet, say they consumed that planet, say they got a ship or ships, what’s the standard form of FTL in 40k? Warp travel. Chaos would eat the parasite alive, in some cases probably literally. Nurgle alone would probably absorb them into his collection of random diseases. Khorne would kill them like the rest, Tzeentch would be 1138 steps ahead of the Gravemind but nobody would ever know, Slaanesh…would do things that I dare not describe along with having it’s supporters grind up Flood and snort them like -Yoink!-.

I think if the Gravemind survived the Warp it might try to commit suicide.

Assuming they survive the Warp which was unlikely, there’s the threat of the Necrons, the thousand plus Chapters of Space Marines, the Tyranid Hive, and so on. The galaxy of Warhammer alone is an incredibly dangerous place to be in, and far more ready for a large scale conflict than the Halo universe ever was.

> 2533274888352703;5:
> > 2533274883501878;4:
> > > 2533274888352703;3:
> > > When it comes to non-Halo Universe factions, then I would say that the Galactic Empire (at the height of their power) could stand a decent chance against them.
> > >
> > > IMO all they would have to do is destroy overrun planets with the Death Star, and pick off Flood-infected ships with their massive fleet.
> >
> > The Forerunners weren’t able to slow the Flood down by turning stars into black holes anywhere they found the Flood. If destroying entire star systems couldn’t stop them, I don’t see how destroying planets one at a time would stand any chance.
>
> I wasn’t aware of that particular bit of lore. Regardless, I think that part of the reason why the Forerunners were unsuccessful is because they had just finished fighting a war with the Ancient Humans and they didn’t recognize the Flood threat until it was too late. I don’t think that the Empire would be as likely to make the same mistake.

It’s from the Forerunner Saga (trilogy of novels) which I highly recommend.
I doubt the Empire would even notice the Flood’s presence until it had consumed multiple systems and the ships within them, especially since the Flood would likely emerge towards the edge of the galaxy where the Empire has much less presence. Additionally, the Empire would have no idea how significant of a threat the Flood were until having witnessed its ability, by which point it would be far too late, since I doubt the Flood is stoppable once they have ships capable of traveling between Star Systems.

the fraction 11 over 7 would defeat the flood

the faction that would defeat them in my opinion is easily the separatists from star wars. can’t infect droids. and I feel like a lot of the droids aren’t mentally capable of comprehending the graveminds logic plague. and even if some of them did I’m sure they can persuaded back because a lot of them are pretty stupid. and if red vs blue has taught us anything is that logic never beats stupidity.

> 2533274889282194;8:
> the fraction 11 over 7 would defeat the flood
>
> the faction that would defeat them in my opinion is easily the separatists from star wars. can’t infect droids. and I feel like a lot of the droids aren’t mentally capable of comprehending the graveminds logic plague. and even if some of them did I’m sure they can persuaded back because a lot of them are pretty stupid. and if red vs blue has taught us anything is that logic never beats stupidity.

The Separatist army may be droids, but they still have an organic civilian population as well as leadership. Add to this that the Flood has absolutely no qualms with throwing hundreds of unarmed civilian ships at an enemy to bludgeon it to pieces with the kinetic impacts, and I have no doubt that the Flood could capture the Separatists’ command ships, with which the Flood could control the Droid Army from the control pannel the same way the Separatists did.

> 2533274889282194;8:
> the fraction 11 over 7 would defeat the flood

All the LOLs.

> 2535464649080366;1:
> Yes, I’m starting a new forum for this. Pick any fraction from any universe vs the Flood.
> Rules:
> - Flood exist as an external invasion force - There is no cure for the Flood - The Flood can infect any Biological organism - You can’t use time-travel or other non-conventional science-fantasy technology. - The fraction will be using the resources available to them (ex. the SW Empire has to be in a galaxy far far away, Zerg have to be in the Koprulu sector)Ok, go.
>
> I take it the Flood have a Gravemind? is this Star Roads, Billions on Billions of ships Flood or a building infestation?

> 2533274883501878;9:
> > 2533274889282194;8:
> > the fraction 11 over 7 would defeat the flood
> >
> > the faction that would defeat them in my opinion is easily the separatists from star wars. can’t infect droids. and I feel like a lot of the droids aren’t mentally capable of comprehending the graveminds logic plague. and even if some of them did I’m sure they can persuaded back because a lot of them are pretty stupid. and if red vs blue has taught us anything is that logic never beats stupidity.
>
> The Separatist army may be droids, but they still have an organic civilian population as well as leadership. Add to this that the Flood has absolutely no qualms with throwing hundreds of unarmed civilian ships at an enemy to bludgeon it to pieces with the kinetic impacts, and I have no doubt that the Flood could capture the Separatists’ command ships, with which the Flood could control the Droid Army from the control pannel the same way the Separatists did.

well I can’t argue with that logic. other than the commanding the droids from the ships. that would work with most droids in the army but I remember in the clone series at some point one mentioned that they were part of a newer batch of free thinking droids.

> 2533274889282194;11:
> > 2533274883501878;9:
> > > 2533274889282194;8:
> > > the fraction 11 over 7 would defeat the flood
> > >
> > > the faction that would defeat them in my opinion is easily the separatists from star wars. can’t infect droids. and I feel like a lot of the droids aren’t mentally capable of comprehending the graveminds logic plague. and even if some of them did I’m sure they can persuaded back because a lot of them are pretty stupid. and if red vs blue has taught us anything is that logic never beats stupidity.
> >
> > The Separatist army may be droids, but they still have an organic civilian population as well as leadership. Add to this that the Flood has absolutely no qualms with throwing hundreds of unarmed civilian ships at an enemy to bludgeon it to pieces with the kinetic impacts, and I have no doubt that the Flood could capture the Separatists’ command ships, with which the Flood could control the Droid Army from the control pannel the same way the Separatists did.
>
> well I can’t argue with that logic. other than the commanding the droids from the ships. that would work with most droids in the army but I remember in the clone series at some point one mentioned that they were part of a newer batch of free thinking droids.

I would think the free-thinking droids would be susceptible to the logic plague directly, being as they loose the potential “too stupid” advantage of their predecessors.

The Reapers from Mass Effect. Those towering synthetics with no mercy would have been the absolute nightmare for the flood.
Let’s say that hypothetically, the Flood advanced to the status of Keymind and consumed an entire galaxy and then the Reapers showed up.

In such a scenario, the reapers would have a huge advantage. They wield weapons capable of planetary devastation, they cannot be consumed by the flood, however, they can consolidate flood biomass (Combat Forms) and corrupt them into reaper combatants. The Reapers will also have an intelligence that rivals the Keymind, and let’s not forget Indoctrination. Imagine a universe where the a Keymind could somehow end up being indoctrinated by Reaper tech. Then the universe would well and truly be screwed, not just a galaxy!

In short, the Reapers are the apex of what the Didact envisioned: Unstoppable synthetic warriors immune to the Flood, and I don’t think any other faction would come even close to challenging the Flood. The Reapers could literately be "the only enemy the Flood fears!"

> 2533275030819984;13:
> The Reapers from Mass Effect. Those towering synthetics with no mercy would have been the absolute nightmare for the flood.
> Let’s say that hypothetically, the Flood advanced to the status of Keymind and consumed an entire galaxy and then the Reapers showed up.
>
> In such a scenario, the reapers would have a huge advantage. They wield weapons capable of planetary devastation, they cannot be consumed by the flood, however, they can consolidate flood biomass (Combat Forms) and corrupt them into reaper combatants. The Reapers will also have an intelligence that rivals the Keymind, and let’s not forget Indoctrination. Imagine a universe where the a Keymind could somehow end up being indoctrinated by Reaper tech. Then the universe would well and truly be screwed, not just a galaxy!
>
> In short, the Reapers are the apex of what the Didact envisioned: Unstoppable synthetic warriors immune to the Flood, and I don’t think any other faction would come even close to challenging the Flood. The Reapers could literately be "the only enemy the Flood fears!"

Keep in mind that if the Flood reached the Keymind stage, they could potentially infect the Reapers with the Logic Plague. Though I do agree that they would be a challenging opponent for the Flood.

> 2533274888352703;5:
> > 2533274883501878;4:
> > > 2533274888352703;3:
> > > When it comes to non-Halo Universe factions, then I would say that the Galactic Empire (at the height of their power) could stand a decent chance against them.
> > >
> > > IMO all they would have to do is destroy overrun planets with the Death Star, and pick off Flood-infected ships with their massive fleet.
> >
> > The Forerunners weren’t able to slow the Flood down by turning stars into black holes anywhere they found the Flood. If destroying entire star systems couldn’t stop them, I don’t see how destroying planets one at a time would stand any chance.
>
> I wasn’t aware of that particular bit of lore. Regardless, I think that part of the reason why the Forerunners were unsuccessful is because they had just finished fighting a war with the Ancient Humans and they didn’t recognize the Flood threat until it was too late. I don’t think that the Empire would be as likely to make the same mistake.

Well the problem with that is that there are literally hundreds even thousands of planets in the Star Was galaxy, and the Empire didn’t micromanage, control, or even have any involvement with some backwater planets. So if the Flood developed on one of these dozens/hundreds possibly of planets that are kinda ignored by the Empire, they have a great chance of easily spreading for a long period of time without the Empire’s notice. And as we all know, once the Flood has amassed, it’s damn near impossible to defeat.

However, I do think that the Empire would stand one of the best chances, that is besides the Forerunners themselves.

> 2533274888352703;3:
> When it comes to non-Halo Universe factions, then I would say that the Galactic Empire (at the height of their power) could stand a decent chance against them.
>
> IMO all they would have to do is destroy overrun planets with the Death Star, and pick off Flood-infected ships with their massive fleet.

Nooooo, but they wouldn’t be able to aim at the flood.

I’m going to go on a limb, the saiyans

> 2533275030819984;13:
> The Reapers from Mass Effect. Those towering synthetics with no mercy would have been the absolute nightmare for the flood.
> Let’s say that hypothetically, the Flood advanced to the status of Keymind and consumed an entire galaxy and then the Reapers showed up.
>
> In such a scenario, the reapers would have a huge advantage. They wield weapons capable of planetary devastation, they cannot be consumed by the flood, however, they can consolidate flood biomass (Combat Forms) and corrupt them into reaper combatants. The Reapers will also have an intelligence that rivals the Keymind, and let’s not forget Indoctrination. Imagine a universe where the a Keymind could somehow end up being indoctrinated by Reaper tech. Then the universe would well and truly be screwed, not just a galaxy!
>
> In short, the Reapers are the apex of what the Didact envisioned: Unstoppable synthetic warriors immune to the Flood, and I don’t think any other faction would come even close to challenging the Flood. The Reapers could literately be "the only enemy the Flood fears!"

Lol, the Reapers are pretty low-end when it comes to sci-fi. They’re still stuck in the kiloton range for main guns. A Flood-consumed galaxy would decimate all of the Mass Effect galaxy, not just the Reapers. They could mess around with physics and whatnot.

> 2535420568109893;17:
> I’m going to go on a limb, the saiyans

Imagine Goku absorbed into the Gravemind though, that should make the Flood capable of Kamehamehaing, right?

> 2533275033882106;19:
> > 2535420568109893;17:
> > I’m going to go on a limb, the saiyans
>
> Imagine Goku absorbed into the Gravemind though, that should make the Flood capable of Kamehamehaing, right?

Pshh, if the flood can even get to goku!