Which enemies would've improved the campaign

I think Halo 4s campaign would’ve been slightly better if it had some flood segments. I mean I hate the damn flood but in my opinion the Prometheans really suck :confused: Really lackluster opponents and are really stupid and easy to predict (Completely the opposite of what 343i described them as before the game.

PS: I voted all of the above

Missing out drones and brutes was a big mistake also those boss sentinels were freakin cool…

Hope we go back onto a Halo instillation on Halo 5 I miss being on a ring.

> Missing out drones and brutes was a big mistake also those boss sentinels were freakin cool…

Brutes were not in Halo 4, because Jul 'Mdama leads the “Storm Covenant”. As you should know, Brutes and Elites loathe one another.

As for Drones, who knows? There may be a reason (canonically) for their exclusion.

> > Missing out drones and brutes was a big mistake also those boss sentinels were freakin cool…
>
> Brutes were not in Halo 4, because Jul 'Mdama leads the “Storm Covenant”. As you should know, Brutes and Elites loathe one another.
>
> As for Drones, who knows? There may be a reason (canonically) for their exclusion.

I know why brutes weren’t in Halo 4 but it doesn’t mean they couldn’t have been.
Brute rogue ship flies in starting a 4 way war? Maybe then the flood arrives as-well to spice things up even more. That’d have made things so much more interesting. Much better than chasing a 100,000 year old alien who looks like a fish with a mohawk and fangs.

The story was just a tad bland. The terminals were the only thing that made up for it and they weren’t even in the game

> > > Missing out drones and brutes was a big mistake also those boss sentinels were freakin cool…
> >
> > Brutes were not in Halo 4, because Jul 'Mdama leads the “Storm Covenant”. As you should know, Brutes and Elites loathe one another.
> >
> > As for Drones, who knows? There may be a reason (canonically) for their exclusion.
>
> I know why brutes weren’t in Halo 4 but it doesn’t mean they couldn’t have been.
> Brute rogue ship flies in starting a 4 way war? Maybe then the flood arrives as-well to spice things up even more. That’d have made things so much more interesting. Much better than chasing a 100,000 year old alien who looks like a fish with a mohawk and fangs.
>
> The story was just a tad bland. The terminals were the only thing that made up for it and they weren’t even in the game

I’m not sure if throwing in a bunch of enemies makes a good story. Besides, it was the first game in the Reclaimer Trilogy; they wanted to introduce us to the primary enemies. Who knows maybe a 4-way war will happen in Halo 5 or even Halo 6?

> > > > Missing out drones and brutes was a big mistake also those boss sentinels were freakin cool…
> > >
> > > Brutes were not in Halo 4, because Jul 'Mdama leads the “Storm Covenant”. As you should know, Brutes and Elites loathe one another.
> > >
> > > As for Drones, who knows? There may be a reason (canonically) for their exclusion.
> >
> > I know why brutes weren’t in Halo 4 but it doesn’t mean they couldn’t have been.
> > Brute rogue ship flies in starting a 4 way war? Maybe then the flood arrives as-well to spice things up even more. That’d have made things so much more interesting. Much better than chasing a 100,000 year old alien who looks like a fish with a mohawk and fangs.
> >
> > The story was just a tad bland. The terminals were the only thing that made up for it and they weren’t even in the game
>
> I’m not sure if throwing in a bunch of enemies makes a good story. Besides, it was the first game in the Reclaimer Trilogy; they wanted to introduce us to the primary enemies. Who knows maybe a 4-way war will happen in Halo 5 or even Halo 6?

It makes good moments, which H4 lacks. Not everyone is looking for a good story. Only one level features the Prometheans fighting against the Covenant and even then, there is nothing that stands out besides the occasional Battlewagon. Now a Hunter vs. a Battlewagon, that’d have been an excellent matchup.

> > > > > Missing out drones and brutes was a big mistake also those boss sentinels were freakin cool…
> > > >
> > > > Brutes were not in Halo 4, because Jul 'Mdama leads the “Storm Covenant”. As you should know, Brutes and Elites loathe one another.
> > > >
> > > > As for Drones, who knows? There may be a reason (canonically) for their exclusion.
> > >
> > > I know why brutes weren’t in Halo 4 but it doesn’t mean they couldn’t have been.
> > > Brute rogue ship flies in starting a 4 way war? Maybe then the flood arrives as-well to spice things up even more. That’d have made things so much more interesting. Much better than chasing a 100,000 year old alien who looks like a fish with a mohawk and fangs.
> > >
> > > The story was just a tad bland. The terminals were the only thing that made up for it and they weren’t even in the game
> >
> > I’m not sure if throwing in a bunch of enemies makes a good story. Besides, it was the first game in the Reclaimer Trilogy; they wanted to introduce us to the primary enemies. Who knows maybe a 4-way war will happen in Halo 5 or even Halo 6?
>
> It makes good moments, which H4 lacks. Not everyone is looking for a good story. Only one level features the Prometheans fighting against the Covenant and even then, there is nothing that stands out besides the occasional Battlewagon. Now a Hunter vs. a Battlewagon, that’d have been an excellent matchup.

Okay that sounds very interesting. Just like how hte Halo 4 Demo ended but a plasma canon round just tackles the battlewagon away with a failed attempt to kill MC.than the Knight and the Hunter Pair go at it…another Battlewagon slipspaces in and than it would be a two on two. Promo Vs Covies should of atleast been there for Half the game.

> > > > > > Missing out drones and brutes was a big mistake also those boss sentinels were freakin cool…
> > > > >
> > > > > Brutes were not in Halo 4, because Jul 'Mdama leads the “Storm Covenant”. As you should know, Brutes and Elites loathe one another.
> > > > >
> > > > > As for Drones, who knows? There may be a reason (canonically) for their exclusion.
> > > >
> > > > I know why brutes weren’t in Halo 4 but it doesn’t mean they couldn’t have been.
> > > > Brute rogue ship flies in starting a 4 way war? Maybe then the flood arrives as-well to spice things up even more. That’d have made things so much more interesting. Much better than chasing a 100,000 year old alien who looks like a fish with a mohawk and fangs.
> > > >
> > > > The story was just a tad bland. The terminals were the only thing that made up for it and they weren’t even in the game
> > >
> > > I’m not sure if throwing in a bunch of enemies makes a good story. Besides, it was the first game in the Reclaimer Trilogy; they wanted to introduce us to the primary enemies. Who knows maybe a 4-way war will happen in Halo 5 or even Halo 6?
> >
> > It makes good moments, which H4 lacks. Not everyone is looking for a good story. Only one level features the Prometheans fighting against the Covenant and even then, there is nothing that stands out besides the occasional Battlewagon. Now a Hunter vs. a Battlewagon, that’d have been an excellent matchup.
>
> Totally agree the covies and the prometheans weren’t fighting for nearly long enough and even when they were fighting it was only a few elites and a couple of grunts.

i think there shoud’ve been more Prom VS Covie fights. now you fight in a mission only Covenant(Composer) and Prometheans (Midnight). in Shutdown everything is seperated and on infinity you almost dont fight against covies and on reclaimer you almost dont fight Proms. And how does the gravity hammer get in H4? there are no brutes and it is on a Forerunner ship… And what are those sentinels of H2? i havent played H2…

I voted for all of the above.

And honestly, canon can be whatever 343i wants, they’re in control of the entire story now. The only exception was the transition from Halo 3 to Halo 4, some of which was completely botched up (magically transforming FUD appearance, Chief’s armor, return of the ancient dmr, etc)

At this point though, it’s up to them what they do. Limiting gameplay expirience with canon is a horrible excuse. Halo’s gameplay has always been superior to its story anyways, except in Halo 4’s case, its the opposite. I’d rather have crazy stuff like epic 3 way battles, all out aerial dogfights, dual wielding, scarab fights, etc rather than a good story with basic and boring fps mechanics. That’s what used to make Halo fun.

> > Missing out drones and brutes was a big mistake also those boss sentinels were freakin cool…
>
> Brutes were not in Halo 4, because Jul 'Mdama leads the “Storm Covenant”. As you should know, Brutes and Elites loathe one another.
>
> As for Drones, who knows? There may be a reason (canonically) for their exclusion.

Let’s remember all of the story logic is negated if 343 feels like putting in Brutes. 343’s projects are not dictated by the story.

> >
>
> Okay that sounds very interesting. Just like how hte Halo 4 Demo ended but a plasma canon round just tackles the battlewagon away with a failed attempt to kill MC.than the Knight and the Hunter Pair go at it…another Battlewagon slipspaces in and than it would be a two on two. Promo Vs Covies should of atleast been there for Half the game.

Awesome scenario.

> >
>
> Totally agree the covies and the prometheans weren’t fighting for nearly long enough and even when they were fighting it was only a few elites and a couple of grunts.

The best 343i could do was spawn a couple of fuel rod Elites. There should have been Zealots, given the nature of the Covie mission (waking up Didact). I guess Zealots are just too good to fight Knights.

> i think there shoud’ve been more Prom VS Covie fights. now you fight in a mission only Covenant(Composer) and Prometheans (Midnight). in Shutdown everything is seperated and on infinity you almost dont fight against covies and on reclaimer you almost dont fight Proms. And how does the gravity hammer get in H4? there are no brutes and it is on a Forerunner ship… And what are those sentinels of H2? i havent played H2…

Alas, the poor dispersal of enemy forces almost made me quit on my first playthrough. I don’t even know how I managed to play through Spartan Ops Season 1.0.

> Limiting gameplay expirience with canon is a horrible excuse. Halo’s gameplay has always been superior to its story anyways, except in Halo 4’s case, its the opposite. I’d rather have crazy stuff like epic 3 way battles, all out aerial dogfights, dual wielding, scarab fights, etc rather than a good story with basic and boring fps mechanics. That’s what used to make Halo fun.

Amen.

> >
>
> Let’s remember all of the story logic is negated if 343 feels like putting in Brutes. 343’s projects are not dictated by the story.

Sad truth.

I think the ‘original’ covenant design’s would have made the campaign more interesting since hated the alternate design’s they did since they lost their charm, missed the english talking grunt’s with their quirky comment’s.

I hated every single level in Halo where I fought Flood, so no.

I think Promethean enemies should be made for stage bosses (at least the Knights). Canonically they are really powerful, one of them can wipe out dozens of Strom Forces.

If they were more powerful but less common, they should earn some respect. Their current state is just upgraded Elites. They are laughable.

> I think Promethean enemies should be made for stage bosses (at least the Knights). Canonically they are really powerful, one of them can wipe out dozens of Strom Forces.
>
> If they were more powerful but less common, they should earn some respect. Their current state is just upgraded Elites. They are laughable.

They are more mook than Grunts!

E3 2012: One Knight gives Chief a tough time, there’s no way he’s gonna fight a dozen Knights, Battlewagon manages to knock him out
Scanned: Chief bulldozes through 'em
Mission Requiem: Knight takes forever to teleport to Chief
Mission Forerunner: Knight teleports away from Chief after getting pummeled
Spartan Ops: Knight manages to knock Palmer out of the way…

Prometheans do seem a bit, well dumb, compared to other enemies in the trilogy and Reach…

The elites and grunts don’t seem as smart, and the crawlers are very easy to kill if you have a headshot weapon…

Knights also basically just stand in one place apart from teleportinga lot…

I wish we had just one flood mini level or something…

> I voted for all of the above.
>
> And honestly, canon can be whatever 343i wants, they’re in control of the entire story now. The only exception was the transition from Halo 3 to Halo 4, some of which was completely botched up (magically transforming FUD appearance, Chief’s armor, <mark>return of the ancient dmr</mark>, etc)

Thank goodness the Dmr was only limited to Infinity (and Maybe They got the designs from ONI, and made them better.)

> i think there shoud’ve been more Prom VS Covie fights. now you fight in a mission only Covenant(Composer) and Prometheans (Midnight). in Shutdown everything is seperated and on infinity you almost dont fight against covies and on reclaimer you almost dont fight Proms. And how does the gravity hammer get in H4? there are no brutes and it is on a Forerunner ship… And what are those sentinels of H2? i havent played H2…

The reason there was hardly anye Covie vs Prom was because they had joined forces sometime before or during the level “Infinity”. On that note I do however would have preferred more levels of the Covies and Proms working together. And as for the Gravity Hammer…gameplay and story segregation. Is an ODST able to wield a Gravity Hammer? No, but in Halo 3 ODST you could. The one in Spartan Ops was non-canon, however, being a Red Vs Blue easter egg.

I do miss the flood quite a bit, they were such an interesting enemy. They didn’t really fit with halo 4’s campaign though so I see why they weren’t present.

I very much doubt they won’t make a reapperance in future installments and it will be awesome to see future variants of prometheans fight the enemy they were meant to fight.

Super Sentinels were pretty fun mini bosses so I do miss them.

I do not miss the variants of brutes that we have had in the past. They were pretty boring, just bullet sponges. I would like to see them return so long as their AI’s get massive overhauls. They need to fight as a pack and act like a pack. They need to be feral. They should throw themselves in front of injured pack mates and help them get behind cover, they should treat their environment intelligently and rapidly swing or climb around like primates, and they should go berserk when you kill the pack leader and charge you at once without hardly even shooting. They should run more on all fours the more stressed they become. All of these things would make them one of the most interesting enemies in halo instead of one of the most bland.
Brute spiker could use a significant rate of fire reduction and a significant damage increase to make it a unique automatic weapon. Other weapons and vehicles should also be tweaked, like the brute chopper should be useful for more than just ramming.

I don’t really miss the Yanme’e but they were somehow less annoying than the promethean versions, aka watchers.

> > i think there shoud’ve been more Prom VS Covie fights. now you fight in a mission only Covenant(Composer) and Prometheans (Midnight). in Shutdown everything is seperated and on infinity you almost dont fight against covies and on reclaimer you almost dont fight Proms. And how does the gravity hammer get in H4? there are no brutes and it is on a Forerunner ship… And what are those sentinels of H2? i havent played H2…
>
> The reason there was hardly anye Covie vs Prom was because they had joined forces sometime before or during the level “Infinity”. On that note I do however would have preferred more levels of the Covies and Proms working together.
>
> And as for the Gravity Hammer…gameplay and story segregation. Is an ODST able to wield a Gravity Hammer? No, but in Halo 3 ODST you could. The one in Spartan Ops was non-canon, however, being a Red Vs Blue easter egg.

That’s hardly a reason… due to the lack of synchronized AI behavior, there’d be no point showing off such an alliance. It was horribly botched anyway.

The more important question is, why wasn’t it in the other levels? Oh the launching methods that’d compensate for the lack of concussion rifle!