Which custom aspect of brute power armor is best?

I always hated how brute power armor falls off after its shields are depleted in Halo 3. IMO its potential was wasted because the power armor can easily be destroyed (not saying the shield vitality on brutes should increase while brute health decreases due to gameplay balance) Brute power armor weighs around 500 pounds according to this wiki(Jiralhanae power armor - Halopedia, the Halo wiki) which further proves how much I hate vanilla brute power armor vitality on brutes.

I just need your opinion on which aspect of power armor best enhances gameplay(NOT LORE) experience. So which aspect of power armor is the best?

1. Shielding on power armor is limited and cannot recharge once depleted. Once depleted, the armor itself remains and gives a health boost to brutes similar to Brute chieftains. The helmet is the only piece that can be shot off similar to Halo 2 and Halo reach brutes.

2. Same as last suggestion IN BOLD however all armor pieces can be shot off (Left arm, Right arm, Left leg, Right leg, Chestplate, Backplate and helmet), similar to brutes in TSC:E or spv2 from halo custom edition if you played it.

3. Vanilla brute:Armor and shielding is destroyed.

4. Same as 1 IN BOLD or everything in 5 however brute shields can recharge at a slow rate after 15 seconds once depleted.

5. Same as 1 IN BOLD however instead of health simply being boosted, the armor plating reduces damage while unarmored parts of the brute such as feet, arms and some areas on chest takes more damage. To indicate this when you shoot an unshielded brute on his chestplate or any other armored part the blood impact effect is smaller and bullet impact sound is reduced where as you shoot him on his arms, legs or generally around the armored plates, the blood impact effect increases and bullet impact sound is louder

5 combined with 4 is my favorite choice because 2 IMO overcomplicates things, 3 I obviously stated earlier how much I hate this, 1 IMO doesnt really show the power armor itself being utilized and 5 with 4 IMO shows how power armor completely changed and gave full recognition of the new leaders of the covenant: the brutes.

NOTE: Before you reply, pick a suggestion: I actually need your feedback. Don’t say something like Yeah I don’t like brutes in halo 3 either. Give your suggestion and why you chose it.**

*THIS WAS EDITED TO ORIGINAL THREAD POST

> 2533274868630136;1:
> I always hated how brute power armor falls off after its shields are depleted in Halo 3. IMO its potential was wasted because the power armor can easily be destroyed (not saying the shield vitality on brutes should increase while brute health decreases due to gameplay balance) Instead of being destroyed along with shields, the armor itself should still be intact giving further protection similar to a brute chieftain. (Note: Power armor shielding is destroyed and cannot be recharged) Another suggestion is the armor itself stays intact after shielding is depleted like the last suggestion however the individual armor pieces can be destroyed similar to TSCE brutes from Halo Custom Edition(Chestplate can be shot off, Limb armor can be shot off, helmet can be shot off).
>
> I just need your opinion on which aspect of power armor best enhances gameplay(NOT LORE) experience. So which aspect of power armor is the best?
>
> 1. Shielding on power armor is limited and cannot recharge once depleted. Once depleted, the armor itself remains and gives a health boost to brutes similar to Brute chieftains. The helmet is the only piece that can be shot off similar to Halo 2 and Halo reach brutes.
>
> 2. Same as last suggestion IN BOLD however all armor pieces can be shot off (Left arm, Right arm, Left leg, Right leg, Chestplate, Backplate and helmet), similar to brutes in TSC:E or spv2 from halo custom edition if you played it.
>
> 3. Vanilla brute:Armor and shielding is destroyed.
>
> 1 is my favorite choice because I don’t want to overcomplicate gameplay of brutes.

Yeah bungie didnt really think that through.Why doesnt Elite armor fall off when the shields fail then?

> 2533274830166194;3:
> > 2533274868630136;1:
> > I always hated how brute power armor falls off after its shields are depleted in Halo 3. IMO its potential was wasted because the power armor can easily be destroyed (not saying the shield vitality on brutes should increase while brute health decreases due to gameplay balance) Instead of being destroyed along with shields, the armor itself should still be intact giving further protection similar to a brute chieftain. (Note: Power armor shielding is destroyed and cannot be recharged) Another suggestion is the armor itself stays intact after shielding is depleted like the last suggestion however the individual armor pieces can be destroyed similar to TSCE brutes from Halo Custom Edition(Chestplate can be shot off, Limb armor can be shot off, helmet can be shot off).
> >
> > I just need your opinion on which aspect of power armor best enhances gameplay(NOT LORE) experience. So which aspect of power armor is the best?
> >
> > 1. Shielding on power armor is limited and cannot recharge once depleted. Once depleted, the armor itself remains and gives a health boost to brutes similar to Brute chieftains. The helmet is the only piece that can be shot off similar to Halo 2 and Halo reach brutes.
> >
> > 2. Same as last suggestion IN BOLD however all armor pieces can be shot off (Left arm, Right arm, Left leg, Right leg, Chestplate, Backplate and helmet), similar to brutes in TSC:E or spv2 from halo custom edition if you played it.
> >
> > 3. Vanilla brute:Armor and shielding is destroyed.
> >
> > 1 is my favorite choice because I don’t want to overcomplicate gameplay of brutes.
>
> Yeah bungie didnt really think that through.Why doesnt Elite armor fall off when the shields fail then?

DId you not read my post? I actually need your suggestion and why you chose it

> 2533274868630136;4:
> > 2533274830166194;3:
> > > 2533274868630136;1:
> > > I always hated how brute power armor falls off after its shields are depleted in Halo 3. IMO its potential was wasted because the power armor can easily be destroyed (not saying the shield vitality on brutes should increase while brute health decreases due to gameplay balance) Instead of being destroyed along with shields, the armor itself should still be intact giving further protection similar to a brute chieftain. (Note: Power armor shielding is destroyed and cannot be recharged) Another suggestion is the armor itself stays intact after shielding is depleted like the last suggestion however the individual armor pieces can be destroyed similar to TSCE brutes from Halo Custom Edition(Chestplate can be shot off, Limb armor can be shot off, helmet can be shot off).
> > >
> > > I just need your opinion on which aspect of power armor best enhances gameplay(NOT LORE) experience. So which aspect of power armor is the best?
> > >
> > > 1. Shielding on power armor is limited and cannot recharge once depleted. Once depleted, the armor itself remains and gives a health boost to brutes similar to Brute chieftains. The helmet is the only piece that can be shot off similar to Halo 2 and Halo reach brutes.
> > >
> > > 2. Same as last suggestion IN BOLD however all armor pieces can be shot off (Left arm, Right arm, Left leg, Right leg, Chestplate, Backplate and helmet), similar to brutes in TSC:E or spv2 from halo custom edition if you played it.
> > >
> > > 3. Vanilla brute:Armor and shielding is destroyed.
> > >
> > > 1 is my favorite choice because I don’t want to overcomplicate gameplay of brutes.
> >
> > Yeah bungie didnt really think that through.Why doesnt Elite armor fall off when the shields fail then?
>
> DId you not read my post? I actually need your suggestion and why you chose it
>
> Made another idea(new favorite)
>
> -5. armor stays on brute once shielding is depleted. The armor plating reduces damage while unarmored parts of the brute such as feet, arms and some areas on chest takes more damage. To indicate this when you shoot an unshielded brute on his chestplate or any other armored part the blood impact effect is smaller and bullet impact sound is reduced where as you shoot him on his arms, legs or generally around the armored plates, the blood impact effect increases and bullet impact sound is louder

Number 1

Maybe I’m gunna be “that guy” but I’m sure it was just a visual it fell off after the shielding to indicate it was depleted…pretty straight forward I think it was just a visual thing no lore no story just a thing the devs did just to do

> 2535437122059476;6:
> Maybe I’m gunna be “that guy” but I’m sure it was just a visual it fell off after the shielding to indicate it was depleted…pretty straight forward I think it was just a visual thing no lore no story just a thing the devs did just to do

Even if it was just a visual thing, the pop effect and sound or the mini electric explosion effect and sound of depleted shields similar to elites is already enough indication that their shields are depleted. Btw Im going to correct you on the lore part: (https://www.halopedia.org/Jiralhanae_power_armor;http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Jiralhanae_Power_Armor) plasma can be seen leaking out of the armor when shields is low(brighter lights, more smoke). When shields are depleted, the power armor overloads and creates a mini explosion destroying the armor thus injuring the brute wearing it. This explains why flood brutes arent seen using power armor. I think 80% of brutes beserk when power armor is destroyed cause of the pain inflicted by the mini explosion. This can be represented in cuts, scratches and open wounds on unshielded brutes in Halo 3. To be honest, i find it hard to understand why the covenant, that has extremely high tech equipment, cant at the very least design power armor in a cheap way where the armor itself doesnt get destroyed when shields are depleted. Given that the covenant gave brutes the best equipment available after the great schism, their power armor puts brutes at a high disadvantage in ground combat. For example, this is every situation in Halo 3; brute appears, brute power armor is easily destroyed, high chance brute beserks blindly trying to melee the opponent to death, brute becomes easy target and gets shot in the head. this is why brutes are so easy to kill in halo 3. If the power armor itself without shields remained, the brute would gain multiple advantages and disadvantages.
pro
-Does not easily berserk which makes them harder targets(because berserked brutes are slow and easy to maneuver around sort of like mini hunters without its cannon)
-increased vitality because of further protection using power armor without shielding( this explains why halo 3 brute chieftains have so much health)
-less prone to headshots(Helmets can be shot off like in h2, hr and halo 3 brute chieftains)
-increased time and chance to inflict damage using claymore grenades and weapons from distances without berserking in more diverse situations
cons
-Smaller chance to quickly dispatch of close or cornered enemies when beserking (using its jumping attack(inflicts tons of damage) or its regular melee attacks(less damage) This highly depends on the setting though
-brute are slightly less unique because they are very well known for beserking. Kind of like brutes in halo reach. They were basically elites with a bigger hitbox and more health. (This can be fixed however; maybe brutes beserk when their health is below 50% or when their comrades are quickly being shot down like in halo 2 where brutes beserk when all of its pack members die)

Btw like I said to the other guy. Read my post all the way through. I actually need your opinion on wether the gameplay experience enhances or diminishes based on you already know

Honestly it never factored in on my game play…it wasn’t something I even gave any thought about, I shot the armor it fell off I charged in and meleed the back…if I had to choose one to enhance the gameplay I guess I’d pick 1 cuz it seems like it would be the most universal all the way around.