Which characters do you think will return?

Title says it all. What characters do you guys think will return (except Chief and Cortana) from previous games in Halo 4?

I think we’ll definitely see the Arbiter again, and maybe Guilty Spark (not in person but perhaps in terminals or something). There will probably be references to characters from the Forerunner saga of books too. I’d like to see Johnson and Captain Keyes come back, but that won’t happen I’m sure.

So, what do you guys think?

I hope we get to see Buck and the ODSTs in th future. I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing Arbiter too.

That’s a really good question…
You stumped me when you said besides Master Chief and Cortana lol

343 Guilty spark will probably show up along the way.But as you said probably in terminals rather than gameplay itself.

PeacE
ShadEO9

Actually in one of the books, it states that 343 guilty spark had a copy of himself sooooo… who knows

> I hope we get to see Buck and the ODSTs in th future. I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing Arbiter too.

They’d definitely make great characters to fight alongside Master Chief, but a sequal to ODST would be even better.

Ranging throughout the entire Halo Universe I’m going to be very optimistic whilst practical and hope for:

Arbiter
Gravemind
Mendez
Buck, Dare and named ODST’s
343 Guilty Spark (Most likely)
Halsey (Somehow)
Admiral Hood
Fred, Linda, Kelly, Naomi (Please)
Tom, Lucy, Olivia and remaining Spartan III’s
Jun (Dare I start this?)

And then there is always the possibility for flashbacks. This of course does not guarantee the ‘return of a character(s)’ but perhaps involves the ‘return of appearance’ at the very least.

Chief
Cortana

Anyone else returning in Halo 4 is completely unnecessary.

Thel vadam (arbiter)
Rtas vadum (split jaw)

> Thel vadam (arbiter)
> Rtas vadum (split jaw)

They have more important things to do than look for Chief.

> > Thel vadam (arbiter)
> > Rtas vadum (split jaw)
>
> They have more important things to do than look for Chief.

didn’t imply they would be. Its not like every single person chief finds was out there trying to find him

> > > Thel vadam (arbiter)
> > > Rtas vadum (split jaw)
> >
> > They have more important things to do than look for Chief.
>
> didn’t imply they would be. Its not like every single person chief finds was out there trying to find him

Sanghelios is on the verge of civil war and is under attack from an unknown force, so no real reason to be going off into the vast unknowns of space. Doesn’t mean they can’t be in Halo 5 or Halo 6, but they aren’t needed for Halo 4.

> > Thel vadam (arbiter)
> > Rtas vadum (split jaw)
>
> They have more important things to do than look for Chief.

They may not be coming into contact with Chief intentionally. Locating and retrieving Forerunner tech is a highly valued goal for many races including Sangheili and Humans.

> > > Thel vadam (arbiter)
> > > Rtas vadum (split jaw)
> >
> > They have more important things to do than look for Chief.
>
> They may not be coming into contact with Chief intentionally. Locating and retrieving Forerunner tech is a highly valued goal for many races including Sangheili and Humans.

So they’ll just conveniently find this Forerunner sphere in the vast unknowns of space. Not exactly good writing.

Master chief and cortana.

C wut i did thurr?

> > > > Thel vadam (arbiter)
> > > > Rtas vadum (split jaw)
> > >
> > > They have more important things to do than look for Chief.
> >
> > didn’t imply they would be. Its not like every single person chief finds was out there trying to find him
>
> Sanghelios is on the verge of civil war and is under attack from an unknown force, so no real reason to be going off into the vast unknowns of space. Doesn’t mean they can’t be in Halo 5 or Halo 6, but they aren’t needed for Halo 4.

i agree, but i would still enjoy seeing an appearance from the sangheili and rtas is probably the most badass looking elite out there

> > > > > Thel vadam (arbiter)
> > > > > Rtas vadum (split jaw)
> > > >
> > > > They have more important things to do than look for Chief.
> > >
> > > didn’t imply they would be. Its not like every single person chief finds was out there trying to find him
> >
> > Sanghelios is on the verge of civil war and is under attack from an unknown force, so no real reason to be going off into the vast unknowns of space. Doesn’t mean they can’t be in Halo 5 or Halo 6, but they aren’t needed for Halo 4.
>
> i agree, but i would still enjoy seeing an appearance from the sangheili and rtas is probably the most badass looking elite out there

Unless they get killed in the books, a pretty big possibility. That’s the problem I think some folks have with characters, they forget they they also exist in the books too and something IS going to happen in the book. Chief’s fighting an Ancient Evil that supposedly threatens the universe. It would be very underwhelming to have that fight in one area.

> > > > Thel vadam (arbiter)
> > > > Rtas vadum (split jaw)
> > >
> > > They have more important things to do than look for Chief.
> >
> > They may not be coming into contact with Chief intentionally. Locating and retrieving Forerunner tech is a highly valued goal for many races including Sangheili and Humans.
>
> So they’ll just conveniently find this Forerunner sphere in the vast unknowns of space. Not exactly good writing.

No that would certainly be absurd. However, if MC and Cortana do find a way to communicate back to the UNSC, I could see some sort of arrangement with the Arbiter arise. MC and himself did after all hold a relationship in Halo 3, who knows what could happen.

i REALLY REALLY want to see Admiral Cole! he’s the 3rd most kick-yoink! character in the franchise! 1st and 2nd being John and Johnson.

Alien/A.I.:
-Arbiter.
-Rtas 'Vadum(Half Jaw.).
-343 Guilty Spark.

Normal Humans:
-Franklin Mendez.
-Unknown others.

Spartan II:
-Linda-058.
-Kelly-087.
-Frederic-104.

Spartan III:
-Tom-B292.
-Lucy-B091.
-Team Saber.
-Team Katana.

Spartan IV:
-Unknown. The rest of the crew of the UNSC Infinity consisted of several SPARTAN-IVs.

> > > > > Thel vadam (arbiter)
> > > > > Rtas vadum (split jaw)
> > > >
> > > > They have more important things to do than look for Chief.
> > >
> > > They may not be coming into contact with Chief intentionally. Locating and retrieving Forerunner tech is a highly valued goal for many races including Sangheili and Humans.
> >
> > So they’ll just conveniently find this Forerunner sphere in the vast unknowns of space. Not exactly good writing.
>
> No that would certainly be absurd. However, if MC and Cortana do find a way to communicate back to the UNSC, I could see some sort of arrangement with the Arbiter arise. MC and himself did after all hold a relationship in Halo 3, who knows what could happen.

Human-Elite relations aren’t exactly very warm at the moment and if the Halo Encyclopedia is still canon, it says Chief remains lost until well into the 2600’s. Halo 4 is set in 2553 according to OXM. So that’s a half-century difference. Nothing is set in stone, but I’d rather 343 avoid retcons on their own stuff already.