which character is the most useless in campaign

discuss

Crazy Marine he just trys to team kill.

I would say Jun. I’ve never actually seen him kill anyone, and he always alerts the elites by shooting at them when I’m going for an assassination.

Kat…She uses a magnum even though i like to kill with a magnum she’s not good with one. i am.

Kat.

Jun can do a bit of damage when he hits.
Carter actually aims for headshots with his DMR.
Jorge can put down some good covering/suppressive fire with that MG.
Emile can do a bit of damage with that shotgun if he’s close enough, and it’s not hard to trigger a checkpoint to get him to rush. I had him handle two ghost alone on Legendary :slight_smile:

Kat, on the other hand, is just useless overall. She either has an AR or a magnum. She never hits anything when she has a magnum, and she burst fires the AR, which was weak enough full-auto in the first place.

All of them were useless, but I’d have to go with Emile for being the most useless.

Jun. He blows my cover when i try to do my kills quietly on a part of the stage.

Emile is useless!! i have punched him more times than i care to remember to get him out of hiding and get him close enough to actually do something with the shotgun.
At least with Jun he has a sniper rifle when he stays back in cover. Rarely does he kill me or blow cover for me.
I learned the hard way with Kat to never let her drive anything!!! use the gun mounts, yes, and wait for her to drain elite shields with the AR.
I find Carter and Jorge are the most useful. They can kill the enemy and soak up a ton of damage and attention.

Depends on the situation really. In Oni Sword base and Winter Contingency Jorge is very useful, Kat is handy in Oni Sword base and for a short bit on Tip of the Spear. Jorge comes in handy on Tip of the Spear as well.

Secret option E, they’re all useless!

> Secret option E, they’re all useless!

This. They’re all horrible and just make good distractions.

Clearly you haven’t learned how to properly utilize them. At some points they are simply distractions so you can get the proper shot. At other times they do some real work for you.

Kat, she always seems to get in the way and never manages to kill anything…EVER!

> At other times they do some real work for you.

True, like on Legendary when I hang back behind them.

Kat, because she is a terrible driver. On one level, it took her about half a minute to get past part of a road that wasn’t level.

Emile.

One of the few things that bumbed me out about the Reach campaign was have the Spartans didn’t fight much like Spartans.

Useless is the wrong word. I found the Troopers more useful than Noble because I could give them weapons of my choosing. It’s fun to give a Trooper a Target Locator (not on Legendary, 2 shots and it’s offline.)

Otherwise, I found any AI to be less than reliable as a gunner on my Rocket-'Hog or Falcon.

> Useless is the wrong word. I found the Troopers more useful than Noble because I could give them weapons of my choosing. It’s fun to give a Trooper a Target Locator (not on Legendary, 2 shots and it’s offline.)
>
> Otherwise, I found any AI to be less than reliable as a gunner on my Rocket-'Hog or Falcon.

Do troopers get infinite drops with the target locator or something?

Nothing beats the Pelican pilot on Tip of the Spear… I literally sat for 20 minutes waiting for the Pelican to drop the Warthog off, and he just hovered around shooting at the sun.

Emile and Kat.

Emile because of his shotgun sniping. Frankly, Jun might not be able to hit often, but when he does, he does damage - needless, Jun has range to take pot-shots at people. . . Emile, not so much.

Kat because of her suicidal tendencies. Been a few times I’ve saved myself from her base jumping fails, unfortunately, it removes said Rockethog for later use in the mission. (The resolution of this is don’t let her drive - so I never let it happen). And that manly voice of hers got annoying fast, giving off way too many confusing vibes, even for a genetically enhanced killing machine. She puts the “Suicide” into “Suicide Mission” when she drives.