Which campaign areas do you want in multiplayer?

In Halo: Reach Bungie created multiplayer maps that fit directly into the campaign. In a similar fashion, if you had to choose, what areas from any Halo campaign would you like to see make it as a multiplayer map in future Halo? For example, similar to how Crow’s Nest became Rat’s Nest.
You might like to see a map based on the hangar bays from Truth and Reconcilliation for team slayer, maybe the centre temple ruins of Delta Halo as a free-for-all, perhaps the streets of Metropolis, Halo’s Control Ziggurat, some Halo 4 Spartan Ops areas or Halo 5 stuff. Which campaign areas do you think would make fun additions to multiplayer (Arena, Warzone, Custom Games, etc.) if modified? It can be any area ripped from any level of any Halo game. There are plenty to choose from.

I don’t want multiplayer maps shoved into campaign or vice versa.

> 2533274796457055;2:
> I don’t want multiplayer maps shoved into campaign or vice versa.

Absolutely this. I would much rather the multiplayer maps continue to be unique on their own, much like the original trilogy, and what 343i decided to revert back to after the approach Bungie took with Reach.

I quite liked seeing multiplayer maps in the campaign, but I understand that Bungie found this concept to be a sizable hassle that impeded development both as a cross-departmental coordination issue and as an encounter design/flow issue. So I’d hardly expect 343 Industries to take on that challenge, cool as the outcome was.

If they did, though, I would love to see the real Halo classics pop up. Blood Gulch, Headlong, Hang 'Em High. Chiron. I dare them to figure out how to get Boarding Action in there, in any sensible way. Actually, it would make a great “you have to leave because the ship just got cut in half” escape scene…

> 2533274796457055;2:
> I don’t want multiplayer maps shoved into campaign or vice versa.

Yeah… That’s not what I asked though, is it?
It’s supposed to be a bit of fun. How about this, if 343i announced that from now on all Halo multiplayer maps would be based on previous campaign areas, which areas would you like to see multiplayer renditions of?

> 2678033349858034;4:
> If they did, though, I would love to see the real Halo classics pop up. Blood Gulch, Headlong, Hang 'Em High. Chiron. I dare them to figure out how to get Boarding Action in there, in any sensible way. Actually, it would make a great “you have to leave because the ship just got cut in half” escape scene…

Those could all be pretty cool, but i think you got the question backwards. :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2535415876049274;5:
> > 2533274796457055;2:
> > I don’t want multiplayer maps shoved into campaign or vice versa.
>
> Yeah… That’s not what I asked though, is it?
> It’s supposed to be a bit of fun. How about this, if 343i announced that from now on all Halo multiplayer maps would be based on previous campaign areas, which areas would you like to see multiplayer renditions of?

  1. Don’t post multiple times in a row - you can hit the edit button, post, quote another, etc. Or edit your prior post.

  2. I realize it’s not what you asked but it’s my opinion. If multiplayer were nothing but recycled campaign, I would very rarely play it. I want unique maps. I’m tired of seeing the same maps/spaces over and over.

> 2535415876049274;6:
> > 2678033349858034;4:
> > If they did, though, I would love to see the real Halo classics pop up. Blood Gulch, Headlong, Hang 'Em High. Chiron. I dare them to figure out how to get Boarding Action in there, in any sensible way. Actually, it would make a great “you have to leave because the ship just got cut in half” escape scene…
>
> Those could all be pretty cool, but i think you got the question backwards. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, so I did. My bad. Late where I am.

If I were to pick sections of campaign maps to appear in multiplayer, I would go with segments of the Uprising and Great Journey. Like, those interior segments, with rivers and waterfalls and hanging plants. Or a Covenant corvette like the one in Reach’s Long Night of Solace. Like, I would like to see a whole, small ship be a BTB map. Also, I think the engine room from the Maw would translate pretty well as a Team Slayer map, almost directly. It would probably need added bridges at the different floors, like how Colossus had that bridge in some gametypes and not others.

And for different’s sake, a level that’s super floodified like the level Cortana would be quite standout. Complete with -Yoink!- doors.

I’d love to see some areas from halo ce, imagine a game of warzone assault on assault on the control room, or if that’s too big then maybe segments of the mission?

> 2533274796457055;7:
> > 2535415876049274;5:
> > > 2533274796457055;2:
> > > I don’t want multiplayer maps shoved into campaign or vice versa.
> >
> > Yeah… That’s not what I asked though, is it?
> > It’s supposed to be a bit of fun. How about this, if 343i announced that from now on all Halo multiplayer maps would be based on previous campaign areas, which areas would you like to see multiplayer renditions of?
>
> 1. Don’t post multiple times in a row - you can hit the edit button, post, quote another, etc. Or edit your prior post.
>
> 2. I realize it’s not what you asked but it’s my opinion. If multiplayer were nothing but recycled campaign, I would very rarely play it. I want unique maps. I’m tired of seeing the same maps/spaces over and over.

  1. Sometimes on Android when you do that it doesn’t allow you to write below the quote. I’m on my computer now.
  2. That goes without saying. I don’t think people need to hear it. This isn’t about seeing Halo: Infinite campaign spaces in Halo: Infinite. It’s about tributes to classic Halo areas. What might be cool to see in multiplayer from the campaign alongside regular multiplayer maps (that are exclusive to multiplayer)?

> 2678033349858034;8:
> > 2535415876049274;6:
> >
>
> Ah, so I did. My bad. Late where I am.
>
> If I were to pick sections of campaign maps to appear in multiplayer, I would go with segments of the Uprising and Great Journey. Like, those interior segments, with rivers and waterfalls and hanging plants. Or a Covenant corvette like the one in Reach’s Long Night of Solace. Like, I would like to see a whole, small ship be a BTB map. Also, I think the engine room from the Maw would translate pretty well as a Team Slayer map, almost directly. It would probably need added bridges at the different floors, like how Colossus had that bridge in some gametypes and not others.
>
> And for different’s sake, a level that’s super floodified like the level Cortana would be quite standout. Complete with -Yoink!- doors.

All cool ideas. The Maw engine room is an interesting one because it has all these different levels and corridors in it that are never really traversed by the player within the actual campaign level. The Great Journey could be great inspiration for a Warzone map. I don’t actually remember the Colossus bridge being in some gametypes and not others. And who doesn’t want to see some Flood themed levels for Infection?

> 2535436510464872;9:
> I’d love to see some areas from halo ce, imagine a game of warzone assault on assault on the control room, or if that’s too big then maybe segments of the mission?

I’d love to see Invasion for the Control Room area, Big Team Battle for that centre spire section with a few Banshees (at the exit of the tunnel) or objective based gametypes on two of the Forerunner causeways with the cliff chambers on either sides connecting them altogether.

The first part of Two Betrayals outside the control room from CE would make a pretty good BTB or Warzone map.

I’ve never had a problem with 343 or Bungie repurposing maps. There’s actually a lot of areas in Halo 4 and 5’s campaigns I thought would be a lot of fun to play on in multiplayer. The large valley on Requiem where you engage the Covenant near the beginning of Halo 4. Multiple areas that are set on Sanghelios in Halo 5, I mean just look at it. I could see these maps working well for 1 Flag CTF with some tweaks. At the very least, I would’ve loved to have had them to Forge and play custom games on.

Need to play the campaign first to find that out, my dude.

The Two Betrayals/ Assault on Control Room map where there’s that massively tall tower in the middle. It has a cozy indoor part too that went up to a ledge. Always liked that room.
Outside, there were hills with shade turrets on both sides… I believe.
Two Betrayals preferred because it’s darker

not really, i think forge communitty sould be a lot more involved by 343i to get awesome multiplayer maps, and not remakes from campaing

> 2533274921115718;15:
> not really, i think forge communitty sould be a lot more involved by 343i to get awesome multiplayer maps, and not remakes from campaing

Yeah I’d like creative Forge people to have access to the tools 343 uses to make official maps

> 2533274804424245;12:
> I’ve never had a problem with 343 or Bungie repurposing maps. There’s actually a lot of areas in Halo 4 and 5’s campaigns I thought would be a lot of fun to play on in multiplayer. The large valley on Requiem where you engage the Covenant near the beginning of Halo 4. Multiple areas that are set on Sanghelios in Halo 5, I mean just look at it. I could see these maps working well for 1 Flag CTF with some tweaks. At the very least, I would’ve loved to have had them to Forge and play custom games on.

I didn’t even think of Halo 5 until you mentioned Sanghelios. Both of those areas would be lovely, but the one I like in particular is the chasm you have to climb up. That would be one hell of a map!