Which books should I read before the next game?

I’ve been out of the loop of halo for a long time. I think the last books i read was the first book of the forerunner saga and glasslands.

Im sorry if this is in the wrong forum section, there are way too many sections that could probably be combined in my opinion.

First of all finish the Forerunner Saga. Primordium is a tough read, but eventually pays off and Sillentium is just engaging throughout. They are must reads if you want to understand the Didact and the Flood.

The last book of the forerunner saga may actually be my favorite halo book ever. Super interesting. Also keep going with the Kilo 5 trilogy it will explain a lot about events before halo 4 and give you a better understanding of characters like jul and dr Halsey.

Most important book to read before Guardians is probably New Blood. It is an ebook only at the moment, though.

Finish those two trilogies, and the Fall of Reach, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx if you haven’t already.

Broken Circle is a fun read.

I’d say at the least read these books to understand some of the characters that are going to be in Halo 5:

Read Fall of Reach to learn about Blue Team’s characters (They’re also in First Strike, Ghosts Of Onyx, and Glasslands).

Read Thursday War (and to a lesser extent, Glasslands) to understand Jul 'Mdama’s motives.

Read Silientium to understand Didact’s motives.

Read New Blood to understand why/how Buck and Romeo are on Locke’s team.

> 2533274834210712;4:
> Most important book to read before Guardians is probably New Blood. It is an ebook only at the moment, though.
>
> Finish those two trilogies, and the Fall of Reach, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx if you haven’t already.
>
> Broken Circle is a fun read.

And then, try to listen the Hunt the Truth story for Halo 5 to understand more.

thanks everyone!

> 2533274823479666;5:
> Read New Blood to understand why/how Buck and Romeo are on Locke’s team.

owch, didn’t know that spoiler there. Its probably common knowledge though i guess for most people.

> 2533274802924397;1:
> I’ve been out of the loop of halo for a long time. I think the last books i read was the first book of the forerunner saga and glasslands.
>
> Im sorry if this is in the wrong forum section, there are way too many sections that could probably be combined in my opinion.

the whole kilo five trilogy, fall of reach, and ghosts of onyx were my favorites

> 2533274802924397;8:
> > 2533274823479666;5:
> > Read New Blood to understand why/how Buck and Romeo are on Locke’s team.
>
>
> owch, didn’t know that spoiler there. Its probably common knowledge though i guess for most people.

Didn’t mean to spoil anything. I just figured ya knew. Buck’s description has always been if he was any better, he’d be a Spartan. And really quickly New Blood let’s you know he’s a Spartan IV.

My bad if I spoiled good news to ya. :confused: