First off I am very happy with the map selection in Halo 4. So here’s where I’d put the maps, Worst to best.
10. Vortex - This is a map I just don’t really enjoy whatsoever, I’d say it’s the only truely bad map.
9. Meltdown - While this is a good map, I don’t prefer it over any other map other than Vortex.
8. Complex - This map seems best for Flood and CTF. It’s a good map but not really among my favorites.
7. Solice - I can tell just how great Solice is as a map. However the only reason it’s in the seven spot and not closer to one is I can never really do well on the map, and thus never have a whole lot of fun on it. I really want to love Solice but I just can’t, sadly. Though I’m sure many of you can have fun on this map and do love it as much as I want to love it.
6. Longbow- While Longbow doesn’t quite live up to what I was expecting, it is still plenty good. I do enjoy playing on this map, but when it’s being pitted against Exile and Ragnarok in the voting booth, I will choose Exile or Ragnarok 9 out of 10 times. But nonetheless it’s still an amazing map which should be appreciated.
5.Haven - Haven is a pretty solid map all around.
4. Abandoned - Abandoned is a very fun map in my opinion. I absolutely love it, however it doesn’t really tend to come up in voting for me for some reason.
3. Adrift - Pre Launch this is the last map I was expecting to put on my top 3, why? Because it reminded me way to much of Condemned, which is a map I hated to no end. And it is very similiar still, yet somehow miles better. Adrift is a really good 4v4 map.
2.Exile - Exile was a very close contender for the number one spot for me. This map is a truly great map. It’s a got everything; close quarters tunnels running through the sides and center of the map, vehicular mayhem, and some long range encounters as well.
1.Ragnarok - Ragnarok is a true classic, I’ve really hardly ever had a match on this map that I didn’t have fun. I know some have grown tired with this map but I definitely haven’t, to me it’s still as much of a blast as it was in Halo 3, if not more.
With all that said I’m pumped for some DLC! I hope none of the maps disappoint, it’d be nice to get another great BTB map that can hopefully compare in quality to Exile and Ragnarok.