which arbiter armor looks better

The new or old one opinions.

Classic black from Halo 2 for the win

The old one was cool, but I dig the new gold and spiky plating. However, in the new armor, I wish his other arm was covered. I mean, what’s the point of armor if you have one fully bare arm? I would have to say the new one because of the gold and spikes, but it’s not really practical.

I think the halo 5 one looks amazing

I prefer the new H2A look. Wasn’t that huge a fan of the h2/3 versions. The gold one just seems a bit…excessive.

The halo 5 one looks really cool, but the old one looks like it’s more fit for combat. Also I don’t know why it was changed, I mean it was a “sacred” armor, I don’t think elites would want to change it.

Well, we can really divide it into three. H2, H3 and H5. I personally would put it, in order from worst to best, H3, H2, H5. The new one isn’t that practical, but it does say a lot about his guts. That, and it’s going to look amazing with the Prophet’s Bane.

> 2533274898131165;6:
> The halo 5 one looks really cool, but the old one looks like it’s more fit for combat. Also I don’t know why it was changed, I mean it was a “sacred” armor, I don’t think elites would want to change it.

Maybe the old armor had too much baggage regarding it being given to Elites who served for the Prophets? The new armor could be used as symbol of the title of Arbiter being reclaimed for the Elites.

Isn’t his new armor supposed to represent his authority, like kings armor.

His new armor by far. I thought his old armor made him look to skinny. I want the arbiter to look like a beast not an Abercrombie model. The arbiter from halo wars looked thicker than Vadam. I honestly like the arbiter from halo wars better as far as attitude. I like Vadam’s voice actor better obviously. can’t beat Keith David. i just don’t want the arbiter to be the humans friends by any respect. he is a ruthless killer and it was odd for him to take up an alliance with the chief and Lord Hood. if only for a short time i think he should have immediately turned on the humans and went about his day continuing his campaign against the humans. not that that bodes well for us but it seems like a more logical conclusion to the story than him just turning tail and heading back to sanghelios, even if the prophets were liars about the war.

His armor now makes him look like a boss -Yoink- king of the sanghili. now he should use his king status and merk humanity while he can before the precursors come back and hand everyone their -Yoinks!-.

> 2533274884665671;9:
> Isn’t his new armor supposed to represent his authority, like kings armor.

This. The old armor represented the control of the prophets. It was ‘sacred’ as you got to be their suicidal operative. The new armor represents his position as leader.

I was liking the new armor better all the way through Escalation, until they jacked his spikiness up to Michael Bay levels as soon as they got their hands on the design… I’m nowhere near as taken by it as I was before. I’ve had it up to here with ruining perfectly good designs, and this stupid love affair with spikes and jagged edges is really wearing on my tolerance of it.

Still like his H2A armor the best as of now.

> 2533274867157068;3:
> The old one was cool, but I dig the new gold and spiky plating. However, in the new armor, I wish his other arm was covered. I mean, what’s the point of armor if you have one fully bare arm? I would have to say the new one because of the gold and spikes, but it’s not really practical.

the other arm not being covered kinda bugs me too, though i do like the design. my pick would be the halo 5 or halo 2A version. i just hope they dont pull an escalation and give him the halo 4 elite design they should stick with his design from the new arbiter/locke cutscenes.

> 2533274796080930;13:
> > 2533274867157068;3:
> > The old one was cool, but I dig the new gold and spiky plating. However, in the new armor, I wish his other arm was covered. I mean, what’s the point of armor if you have one fully bare arm? I would have to say the new one because of the gold and spikes, but it’s not really practical.
>
>
> the other arm not being covered kinda bugs me too, though i do like the design. my pick would be the halo 5 or halo 2A version. i just hope they dont pull an escalation and give him the halo 4 elite design they should stick with his design from the new arbiter/locke cutscenes.

Well, if it has energy shielding, I guess the armor could stand have a little more flair. The Elites in Halo 4 lacked arm…armor too and shielding covered them.

The new armor look cool. I wonder what he did with the old one.

Personally It’s a tie between the Halo 2 Anniversary incarnation of the Arbiter armor and his Halo 5 Kaidon armor. Both of them have a striking ceremonial aesthetic. The Arbiter armor is meant to be more covering because it is actually meant to be worn in combat. It used to be the armor that the strongest Sangheili wore until it became a heretical symbol. As for the Kaidon armor, it is meant to be worn by the Kaidon of a Hold, essentially a status symbol and even more ceremonial than the Arbiter armor. However, it isn’t really combat armor even if it does have shielding. It’s diplomatic in nature.

People actually complaining about the Arbiter’s new armor being impractical, lol. Welcome to video game character design 101! First lesson, everything in video games is impractical!

The new armor look cool but the classic win xD

Halo 2 arbiter, just seems more cool to me. But halo 3 gave arbiter’s mandibles armor, so idk

> 2533274812652989;14:
> > 2533274796080930;13:
> > > 2533274867157068;3:
> > > The old one was cool, but I dig the new gold and spiky plating. However, in the new armor, I wish his other arm was covered. I mean, what’s the point of armor if you have one fully bare arm? I would have to say the new one because of the gold and spikes, but it’s not really practical.
> >
> >
> >
> > the other arm not being covered kinda bugs me too, though i do like the design. my pick would be the halo 5 or halo 2A version. i just hope they dont pull an escalation and give him the halo 4 elite design they should stick with his design from the new arbiter/locke cutscenes.
>
>
> Well, if it has energy shielding, I guess the armor could stand have a little more flair. The Elites in Halo 4 lacked arm…armor too and shielding covered them.

Well the main reason it kinda bugged me was for the looks not so much practicality of it. The halo 4 elites having that too is something that made me dislike it more since that seems the two factions seem to have different styles and the missing arm piece seem to go more along with jul’s covenant. But perhaps that’s that point, displaying a blend of the styles since he wishes to unite sanghelli.