Which AA's/Equipment should return?

Halo 3 introduced Equipment. Halo Reach gave us Armor Abilities. Some were good (power drain, hologram) and some were bad (flare, the dread armor lock). Which would you like to have back in Halo 4?

I’ve made a list of AA’s and Equipment I’d like to see, with my own tweaks.

AA’s recharge, Equipment do not. All are pickups; there are no loadouts.

The AA’s I’d like to see are…

[/li]- Thruster pack. Only 1 boost (1 button press), no fall damage. Recharge time 10-15 secs.

• Camo. No radar jammer but full camo at any movement speed, lasts 20 secs, recharge time 30 secs.
  • Hologram. Given a buff visually (less flickering, reticle turns red, etc.), but recharge time is slower (15 secs).
  • Radar Jammer. Just the jammer. Jams nearby enemy radar, stops jamming when you die or after 15 secs. Recharge time 20 secs.

The Equipment I’d like to see are…

• Power drain. As-is from Halo 3. Longer respawn times though.
  • Regenerator. As-is from Halo 3. Longer respawn times.
  • Gravity Blaster. Re-imagining of the gravity lift. Instead of being unidirectional, waves of repulsive energy are sent out, throwing players (enemy and friendly, including yourself), vehicles, fusion coils, etc. away in every direction. 5 blasts, lasting a total of 20 secs.
  • Autoturret. Shame it didn’t make it into H3 multiplayer. Good for map control. Does the same damage as a Sentinel Beam. It can take 3/4 of a player’s shield in damage before exploding. Automatically explodes after 45 secs.
  • Bubble Shield. Functions like Reach’s Drop Shield, minus the healing ability (No health packs, no need). Longer respawn times.
  • Trip mine. As-is from Halo 3. Longer respawn times.

Thoughts? If you’ve got your own AA/Equipment ideas, please try to use a format like I’ve used, with explanation on how it works, proposed respawn and recharge times, things like that. Thanks!

I am glad you didn’t include AL. I will not shed a tear over it being left out of future titles. I am really curious to see how 343 handle the equipment/AA issue.

None

Sprint
Evade
Hologram

> Halo 3 introduced Equipment. Halo Reach gave us Armor Abilities. Some were good (power drain, hologram) and some were bad (flare, the dread armor lock). Which would you like to have back in Halo 4?
>
> I’ve made a list of AA’s and Equipment I’d like to see, with my own tweaks.
>
> AA’s recharge, Equipment do not. All are pickups; there are no loadouts.
>
> The AA’s I’d like to see are…
>
> [/li]1. Thruster pack. Only 1 boost (1 button press), no fall damage. Recharge time 10-15 secs.
> 1. Camo. No radar jammer but full camo at any movement speed, lasts 20 secs, recharge time 30 secs.
> 1. Hologram. Given a buff visually (less flickering, reticle turns red, etc.), but recharge time is slower (15 secs).
> 1. Bubble Shield. Heals damage like the drop shield, lasts for 15 secs, recharge time is 30 secs.
> 1. Radar Jammer. Just the jammer. Jams nearby enemy radar, stops jamming when you die or after 15 secs. Recharge time 20 secs.
>
> The Equipment I’d like to see are…
>
> 1. Power drain. As-is from Halo 3. Longer respawn times though.
> 1. Regenerator. As-is from Halo 3. Longer respawn times.
> 1. Gravity Bomb/blaster/grenade/Ican’tthinkofaname. Re-imagining of the gravity lift. Instead of being unidirectional, waves of repulsive energy are sent out, throwing players (enemy and friendly, including yourself), vehicles, fusion coils, etc. away in every direction. 5 blasts, lasting a total of 20 secs.
> 1. Trip mine. As-is from Halo 3. Longer respawn times.
> 1. Autoturret. Shame it didn’t make it into H3 multiplayer. Easy to balance, good for map control.
>
> Thoughts? If you’ve got your own AA/Equipment ideas, please try to use a format like I’ve used, with explanation on how it works, proposed respawn and recharge times, things like that. Thanks!
[/quote]
All AAs with chances
>
> I like the orginal AL long as AAs are done the way they intially wanted them to do with them having to be picked up on the map. Finally someone agrees with the bs with hologram and camo. i want it to work like a real camo like H2 Arbiter. no deafness, no radar jammer, no fading when moving, no blinking off and on, no difference in you crouch in a corner or are running around except the motion tracker (i think thats how it in with the camo orb in H2/H3) and the hologram needs to be alot better (no blinking, red dot on motion tracker, red reticule, name of player and it can crouch aif the player does it crouched, just not shield or anything so the first shot you get off you know its fake like normal), Jetpack beta version, drop shield except it just acts like a bubble shield doesnt heal health as H4 there wont be a health bar system as Mrk 6 auto heals health.

The only rechargeable AA I want to see is the Thruster pack and even then, only in Zero G environments.

As for equipment:

Bubble Shield: only a shield, no regenerative effects
Anti Tank Mine: Good against vehicles
Spike Mine: Good against infantry
Portable Gravity Lift: Launches people and small vehicles.
Power Drain: Drains power from armour, equipment and vehicles. Explodes with power equal to what it drained.

Overshield and active camo should go back to how they used to be.

Other than the ones in Halo 3
-Deployable turret that can only be used MANUALLY. Looks like h3 auto turret
-Hologram lawl
-Something that destroys all glass in a large radius, making it easier to destroy certain vehicles.
-Deployable teleporter.

The only thing that should return is equipment. AAs where from reach or halo 0, Seeing how halo 3 had equipment and this is halo 4 these should be no AAs. One other thing even if reach was the last game released its a prequel to 1 and all of it new additions were lost such as aas and weapons during the fall of the planet. Sure halo 4 will have new stuff but having any weapons or Armour ability return from reach would be a disconnect and stupid. This is why reach is the black sheep.

Personally, I don’t particularly enjoy AA’s as they slow gameplay down, more so than equipment in Halo 3 (also not a big fan of) and seem to be more of a ‘gimmick’ in Reach. If AA’s are incorporated, they should be pick-ups only and a limited use (like equipment perhaps; one use only)

They are a great customisable option for Custom Games and potentially in Campaign though, so there is a want for them to return. Master Chiefs new MK-VII armour (speculation) could be able to accommodate AA’s unlike previous models for continuity.

However minimise their uses in Multiplayer, especially in competitive gametypes.

> All AAs with chances
>
> I like the orginal AL long as AAs are done the way they intially wanted them to do with them having to be picked up on the map. Finally someone agrees with the bs with hologram and camo. i want it to work like a real camo like H2 Arbiter. no deafness, no radar jammer, no fading when moving, no blinking off and on, no difference in you crouch in a corner or are running around except the motion tracker (i think thats how it in with the camo orb in H2/H3) and the hologram needs to be alot better (no blinking, red dot on motion tracker, red reticule, name of player and it can crouch aif the player does it crouched, just not shield or anything so the first shot you get off you know its fake like normal), Jetpack beta version, <mark>drop shield except it just acts like a bubble shield doesnt heal health as H4 there wont be a health bar system as Mrk 6 auto heals health.</mark>

I hadn’t thought of that, I’ll edit the OP. Thanks for further describing hologram and camo, I agree with everything you’ve said.

I feel I should also clarify my feelings on AA’s/Equipment. I like them. I feel they have great potential and can add a new layer of strategy and fun. I don’t think Reach did AA’s well at all. I still enjoy Reach. I think that 343 can do amazing things with AA’s/equipment, if they are balanced and there are no loadouts. I hope they do make it into Halo 4.

> I feel I should also clarify my feelings on AA’s/Equipment. I like them. I feel they have great potential and can add a new layer of strategy and fun. I don’t think Reach did AA’s well at all. I still enjoy Reach. I think that 343 can do amazing things with AA’s/equipment, if they are balanced and there are no loadouts. I hope they do make it into Halo 4.

I generally dislike AA, even if they were made pick-ups. IMO they should keep equipment but make it clearly visible that you have the equipment on you. Like lets say make it smaller then you’d see it connected to your thigh so your enemy knows “Oh, I better watch out, he might retreat behind a corner then activate that mine.”

> > I feel I should also clarify my feelings on AA’s/Equipment. I like them. I feel they have great potential and can add a new layer of strategy and fun. I don’t think Reach did AA’s well at all. I still enjoy Reach. I think that 343 can do amazing things with AA’s/equipment, if they are balanced and there are no loadouts. I hope they do make it into Halo 4.
>
> I generally dislike AA, even if they were made pick-ups. IMO they should keep equipment but make it clearly visible that you have the equipment on you. Like lets say make it smaller then you’d see it connected to your thigh so your enemy knows “Oh, I better watch out, he might retreat behind a corner then activate that mine.”

The main difference between AA’s and Equipment is that AA’s recharge. You get multiple uses. To counter this, the AA’s are generally weaker, and though it isn’t it the OP, the respawn times should be longer than those for Equipment.

Now my list isn’t set in stone. For example, Bubble Shield might be more balanced as Equipment than an AA. Autoturret is pretty weak, so maybe it should be an AA instead? I’ll switch things around based on your feedback and my own further thoughts on it.

That’s a very good idea about having equipment visible on your Spartan. I didn’t play the Reach Beta, but didn’t Armor Lock have its own backpack to let you know a player was using it? I would definitely like to see that in H4. Thanks for posting.

I am fine with some AA’s like hologram and a limited use jetpack but I think that no one should spawn with an advantage over another person so AA’s and equipments should all be pickups to keep the balance

> I am fine with some AA’s like hologram and a limited use jetpack but I think that no one should spawn with an advantage over another person so AA’s and equipments should all be pickups to keep the balance

This person has the right idea^

Hologram should make its return by all means and I think that tactical placement around the maps should be returned as well. Jetpack is nice and flying around the sky when you choose to do so is but spamming Grav Lifts in both Forge and Matchmaking in Halo 3 was wonderful as well.

Who knows though. 343 Industries will most likely scrap both Equipment and Armour Abilities themselves and create a sort of Vanilla Halo Feel. I would rather they use the mechanics similar to how Halo 2’s were. Playing Matchmaking on Halo 2 was wonderful.

All equipment/AAs should be available for custom games, but virtually nonexistent in matchmaking. Except maybe in an action sack type playlist.

> None

Halo 3 Equipment were funny in social games but AA’s are just annoying !!!

Autoturret sounds like fun.

One of the most distinguishing facts about it is that it has force on airborne enemies. This is very noticeable on The Ark against Jump Pack Brutes.

I think they could covert it from an anti-infantry equipment into an anti-vehicle equipment, nullifying it’s potency against infantry and it’s primary purpose would be to push away (with it’s beam) enemy vehicles that come within range. It would also do great damage to them and their occupants. It would be like the Spartan Laser but more versatile, only limited by pov and firing range preference.

Against infantry, it would require a little more charging time.

Finally, it would have an option (hold RB) for an EMP Locust-style, shield draining beam that would be projected over a small area (like the Target Locator but smaller) and would drain enemy shields within that area (it would basically be a long distance power drain). But a player would have to be operating the Auto-Turret to direct it so if he’s killed, the beam disappears and the auto-turret is rendered inactive and eventually self destruct.