Where's the radar in Last Spartan Standing?

It most definitely does NOT need radar

I use virtual 7.1 surround sound headphones, and I still can’t hear anyone coming up from behind.

I’m using Dolby Atmos for Headphones myself on a pair of headphones I got as a gift, and I agree that it’s still too quiet from behind. I got it to be a bit louder with some adjustments, but yeah.

1 Like

Logitech Pro X Wireless Gaming Headphones is what I use…

I’m constantly turning while I both look and listen for enemies. I generally know the mindset of how people preform so I know how to prioritize where to check first before checking other potential area’s of interest that people might be hiding. One of the perks of being a FPS player for over 25-30 years lol.

I know it can rarely muffle sounds directly behind me. But only if they’re directly behind me. When constantly turning, it’s rare they’ll be directly behind me for more then a millisecond.

1 Like

I think the Overshields and Camos raining from the sky the entire match are the real problem in LSS. They should spawn at specific locations so players can compete for them. As cool as it sounds, everyone holding a Power Up in their back pocket is actually kind of ridiculous.

4 Likes

I totally agree with this

1 Like

This, absolutely this. Just got done playing a couple games of it for the first time and this was my exact thought. every other player you run into has an OS or Camo. the majority of the time if you don’t have either of those, you’re at a disadvantage. The random spawns of them is bad and the frequency they spawn is bad.

5 Likes

Personally. I’d make them a high risk high reward type situation instead of just randomly tossing them around. A situation where going after them could cost you the match. But if you get them, you’ll be at a huge advantage.

1 Like

Exactly. Like an Event inside of the Event lol. If the players choose to go after the Power Up or maybe even a low ammo Power Weapon, they are choosing to be targets but like you said, the reward might outweigh the risk.

Maybe make the safe zone change in proportion of remaining players, not based on time? So every time a player is out of the match, it shrinks.

1 Like

It recreates a problem that the pickup system infinite has was meant to prevent ironically, ability spam.

1 Like

As much as I like having my motion sensor and complain about how useless its been in multiplayer…you really don’t need one in LSS :rofl: The map is big and open enough where you really just don’t need it with enough people fighting/making noise for you to know where to go.

And by the time you have only a few Spartans left and the ring’s closing in…its not gonna be much help due to everyone hiding and waiting to see who peeks out first.

doesnt help that the map is loud AF

1 Like

Radar would destroy this game mode lol…To even ask for such a thing is laughable.

3 Likes

Your points are only valid if one assumes players actually want to use those techniques and strategies as part of their gameplay. Not everyone wants to play this game like they are part of Seal Team 6. I certainly don’t.

Besides this game is ostensibly set in the far future where advanced tech and weapons are the norm. Not using said advanced tech is regressive. Give me radar in all games.

3 Likes

Only thing I can see being a possibility is a full map radar ping, where every 10 seconds or so it shows the location of everyone on the map. The idea is that people are mostly on the move in this game mode and it would also help prevent camping.

4 Likes

I approve of this seemingly innovative idea.

1 Like

i think if nothing else, we are demonstrating a need to address different styles of preferred gameplay. Some people like radar, and some people don’t, and it appears that the reason for both arguments revolve around camping.

Being able to change through targets after you die is an anti-camping feature, but an inherently odd one. We would be better served by highlighting all enemies on death if the goal was to disable camping.

It’s kind of a mini Battle Royale mode which generally don’t have a radar.
You have to use your spatial awareness and listening skills.

yes, that is the problem.