Where's the NOVA's?

Anyone else remember the NOVA class nuclear device? That monster Admiral Stanforth left for the Covenant to find? The one that pulverized a Covenant moon and burned half a planet to a crisp? Yeah, that one.
Anyone else wonder where they went? Surely the UNSC didn’t have just ONE…

Weapons of that size would probably be treated like nukes today: under lock and key, with only authorization from the highest level of the government to authorize it’s use.

by nature it’s a stratigic weapon, not much use in a tactical or defensive (when not making a last stand) situation.

> 2535470440995877;2:
> Weapons of that size would probably be treated like nukes today: under lock and key, with only authorization from the highest level of the government to authorize it’s use.
>
> by nature it’s a stratigic weapon, not much use in a tactical or defensive (when not making a last stand) situation.

Good point. UNSC doesnt really need to crack moons and scorch planets right now.

Why wasn’t there 1,000’s of these played out as mines for when the Covenant attacked earth. Stealth tech nuclear Nova mines…Covenant jumps into the system and boom. Fleet destroyed. Replace mine in that area. Why didn’t the UNSC use those in fighters and do suicide missions like the Japanese in WWII. This was Human’s last stand…

> 2535412645184686;4:
> Why wasn’t there 1,000’s of these played out as mines for when the Covenant attacked earth. Stealth tech nuclear Nova mines…Covenant jumps into the system and boom. Fleet destroyed. Replace mine in that area. Why didn’t the UNSC use those in fighters and do suicide missions like the Japanese in WWII. This was Human’s last stand…

A) Resouces. I highly doubt they had enough to build thousands of them.

B) It is an offensive weapon by nature. Let’s say you are going to try to deploy it defensively, you would need to keep it out of range of your planet and fleet, and that would mean a lot of them, plus you don’t know where the covenant will jump. Frankly they’ll probably jump to close to a planet for it to be of any use.

C) There’s a reason that no major Air Force has ever done purposeful kamikaze attacks since the Second World War. We call them missiles.

When uou you have noissiles that’s different, but you also have to find someone who is willing to do that, and the UNSC is much more like the U.S. than imperial Japan.

> 2533274907200114;1:
> Anyone else remember the NOVA class nuclear device? That monster Admiral Stanforth left for the Covenant to find? The one that pulverized a Covenant moon and burned half a planet to a crisp? Yeah, that one.
> Anyone else wonder where they went? Surely the UNSC didn’t have just ONE…

Same could be said about the Covenant anti matter bombs.

Taking out a Assault Carrier with ease when turned against them, you would think the Covenant have used them more than with boarding parties.

They literally could have taken each Super Mac by loading one into a boarding ship, and detonating it when it latched onto the station (or just dropping one out off a bomber)… But that wouldn’t make a very good level I suppose.

The novas were a very last resort type thing, they’re not something you just throw around.

> 2614366390834061;6:
> > 2533274907200114;1:
> > Anyone else remember the NOVA class nuclear device? That monster Admiral Stanforth left for the Covenant to find? The one that pulverized a Covenant moon and burned half a planet to a crisp? Yeah, that one.
> > Anyone else wonder where they went? Surely the UNSC didn’t have just ONE…
>
>
> Same could be said about the Covenant anti matter bombs.
>
> Taking out a Assault Carrier with ease when turned against them, you would think the Covenant have used them more than with boarding parties.
>
> They literally could have taken each Super Mac by loading one into a boarding ship, and detonating it when it latched onto the station (or just dropping one out off a bomber)… But that wouldn’t make a very good level I suppose.

The Covenant aren’t exactly the most…tactical either a lot of the time. Their military is heavily beset by religion, and considering the fleet that attacked earth was lead by THE HIGH PROPHET OF REGRET HIMSELF something tells me whoever would normally have been in command seceded control of his fleet to Regret.
Considering Regret is a politician, not an admiral, it was probably his plan that made it that way.

> 2535412645184686;4:
> This was Human’s last stand…

“Humanity’s”