Where's the new armor?

I was hoping for new armor, visor colors, and armor effects. Maybe throw in a new recon type armor like in halo 3, where you have to earn it. I know it’s a small gripe but I do enjoy going for the new shiny armor and feel like cr points are worth something. Your thoughts 343!!?

THEY NEVER SAID WE WOULD GET NEW ARMOR. Whatever ignorant rock you came out from under…

> THEY NEVER SAID WE WOULD GET NEW ARMOR. Whatever ignorant rock you came out from under…

He said at the very beggining of his post that he was hoping for new armor.

I came from the same ignorant rock you came from… I am sure 343 can add them to reward the halo community that has been playing non stop for new unlockables. I know I am not the only player that checks out every spartan while game loads. Rewarding certain players with new armors or visor colors can create a new sense of accomplishment. Look how we went crazy for that recon armor in halo 3, if your old enough to remember halo 3 junior.

Old enough to remember Halo 3? It’s really sad when we assume people are pre-teens incapable of remembering four years ago in terms of a Mature rated game series…

> I am sure 343 can add them to reward the halo community that has been playing non stop for new unlockables.

Um, yes and no… If Halo Reach is set up the same way past Halo games was, then no, cause those extra armor parts are models that would have to be added to all of the map files. If Reach is set up like most games that add new crap to the game every DLC, then they would of added more armor and stuff. But this is Halo and it’s engine we’re talking about, all of the “tags” or files that tells the game engine what is what, what does what, and what sounds like what, those are keep in the map files. Where as other games, those files are either in a folder or a packet of files, and the map “file” is basically a group of files with the map model, the textures for the map, and sound files, and any thing new with that map, and all the game deves have to do is update one file that changes a few lines of code to add the map.

And just so you know, I know this cause I use to mod the PC side of Halo, and I still do some moding for other games on the PC, so I have a basic knowledge of how some game engines are set up.

Edit: LOL, this is my 404th post.

I fully expected Halo Anniversary to be without new Armor for Reach. I like most people purchased Anniversary for the pure nostalgia, not to make our virtual character look a little more shiny.

Besides. New armor only adds more problems. Remember Hayabusa?
Everybody wanted that in the early days of Halo 3 and then when it was discovered how to earn it, it was considered “noobish” to wear it.

Remember Recon?
Everybody wanted that because it was something they couldn’t have. Bungie finally gave it to everybody and lo and behold. Nobody wanted it anymore.

Remember Blue Flames?
The Bungie Exclusive flames that everybody wanted. Same story.

Once you have what you want not only is the journey over but the item you were pining for no longer holds any value at all.

I understand that you were hoping for new armor but to be honest. You’d be better off just waiting for Halo 4. I am counting down the days that I can abandon Reach, I haven’t been ripped off like that in years.

Sorry, but there’s an extremely high chance that new armour will never be added to Reach.

Greed is a natural thing. The average person will want something because they don’t have it. There may be some people who bought Anniversary as a sort of nostalgic reminder of the previous 10 Years of Halo but there will be people who bought it because it was a Halo game that they didn’t have.

People wanted Recon because they didn’t have it. Much like people want to have Map Remakes. Because they don’t have it. Its as simple as that.

> Remember Recon?
> Everybody wanted that because it was something they couldn’t have. Bungie finally gave it to everybody and lo and behold. Nobody wanted it anymore.

Good god, I LOATH recon, the first few months of Reach’s life I would get spam from random kids trying to get me to pay them to get recon for me. I don’t mind new armor, it’s when there’s a set of armor that every one wants, and people have to send spam saying if you pay them 800 -Yoink!- points they’ll get it for you. Things like first day unlock on select items for those who preorder, and then every one else can unlock later, that kind of deal is good because every can get the preorder items.

> > Edit: LOL, this is my 404th post.
>
> Post not found.

> Old enough to remember Halo 3? It’s really sad when we assume people are pre-teens incapable of remembering four years ago in terms of a Mature rated game series…

Are you young enough to remember? xD

youre not gonna see new armor 'til Halo 4. and its gonna be Mk VII

wow…this quickly turned into an argument/rant

> > Old enough to remember Halo 3? It’s really sad when we assume people are pre-teens incapable of remembering four years ago in terms of a Mature rated game series…
>
> Are you young enough to remember? xD

i do remember, they were all just stupid.