Where's the halo 5 from the commercials?

It seems like the campaign is far off from the commercials. It seems like 343i went against their word. They claimed locke wouldn’t take over as the main protagonist. Sure seems like it to me. Halo is master chief, not spartan locke. I’d rather heat dead silence from cheif then locke babbling non sense. At least with cheif it felt like you were a badass, just kcking -Yoink-, no need to talk. If you want to add a new character, fine. But it should have been cheif with more missions then locke.

#marketing

The same thing happened with halo 2’s marketing every commercial took place on earth and “I love bees” had nothing to do with the game.

I think Halo 5’s story went through some major rewrites. The teaser trailer back from 2013, was not relevant in any way. Looks like cloaked chief was cut.

Locke was there for a considerable amount of time, yes. But the story definitely revolved around the Chief. But the marketing did feel like something else was in the works and we ended up getting something completely different. Personally I’m %100 satisfied.

> 2717573882290912;4:
> I think Halo 5’s story went through some major rewrites. The teaser trailer back from 2013, was not relevant in any way. Looks like cloaked chief was cut.

While I’m not much of a fan of the campaign as it stands right now (it an be redeemed depending on what happens in the next game), I will say that the first teaser wasn’t literally going to happen in the game. It was supposed to be metaphorical and was never meant to happen as we saw it (Chief being in a cloak and walking around a desert, and this was confirmed by Microsoft). I feel like it would have been cool to see it though since he was supposed to be branded a traitor and went AWOL. The whole thing about him being AWOL barely played a part in the game, it felt like. Like I realize that’s why Locke and his team are chasing after him (at least at first), but I was hoping to see more of the hunt since it was such a big deal leading up to release, and seeing some reactions of his supposed betrayal throughout the game wouldn’t have been too bad either. There was a lot they had to work with and I feel like they didn’t make Halo 5 up to its full potential with the campaign

They used the whole Hunt the Truth and Chief vs Locke marketing to distract from what truly happens in the plot. I personally was surprised and ok with it, but I would’ ve preferred having 2-3 extra missions going in-depth about Chief possibly being a traitor.

Damn you, 343, for not putting the entire Campaign in the commercials before the games release!!!

Seriously, how you guys couldn’t follow some of this crap is beyond me.

> 2533274838804559;8:
> Damn you, 343, for not putting the entire Campaign in the commercials before the games release!!!
>
> Seriously, how you guys couldn’t follow some of this crap is beyond me.

That’s not what is being asked.
Read what it says.
The commercials made it seem like there was going to be this hunt of 117 because he did questionable things.
There was nothing like that in the game.

> 2533274820876978;1:
> It seems like the campaign is far off from the commercials. It seems like 343i went against their word. They claimed locke wouldn’t take over as the main protagonist. Sure seems like it to me. Halo is master chief, not spartan locke. I’d rather heat dead silence from cheif then locke babbling non sense. At least with cheif it felt like you were a badass, just kcking -Yoink-, no need to talk. If you want to add a new character, fine. But it should have been cheif with more missions then locke.

Halo isn’t master chief and it isn’t locke. It’s a universe with lots of characters and events

> 2535405579216361;10:
> > 2533274820876978;1:
> > It seems like the campaign is far off from the commercials. It seems like 343i went against their word. They claimed locke wouldn’t take over as the main protagonist. Sure seems like it to me. Halo is master chief, not spartan locke. I’d rather heat dead silence from cheif then locke babbling non sense. At least with cheif it felt like you were a badass, just kcking -Yoink-, no need to talk. If you want to add a new character, fine. But it should have been cheif with more missions then locke.
>
>
> Halo isn’t master chief and it isn’t locke. It’s a universe with lots of characters and events

Duh! But this campaign is about them… So what was your point and how did it dispute anything he wrote?

Halo should have just dropped the main story at 3 and had the Spartans go around the galaxy doing missions and training on the infinity.