wheres the flood?

What happened to the flood and why arent they in halo anymore?

finished the fight in halo 3

There’s still Halos out there, so…

The Gravemind infected the mind of Halo 5’s lead writer, which explains why the campaign is so horrible.

The majority of flood specimens were destroyed in the battle of installation 04B, as the grave mind focused most of his forces there. There are still small pockets in space, such as on some planets, and forerunner installations. However they pose a very minor threat until a suitable food source is introduced to the flood sample. Best chance of seeing them is if the games go back to a Halo ring

Come on 343, remember the Spirit of Fire… Please?

> 2533274798250466;4:
> The Gravemind infected the mind of Halo 5’s lead writer, which explains why the campaign is so horrible.

I laughed so hard when i saw this… 10/10

> 2533274832089275;5:
> The majority of flood specimens were destroyed in the battle of installation 04B, as the grave mind focused most of his forces there. There are still small pockets in space, such as on some planets, and forerunner installations. However they pose a very minor threat until a suitable food source is introduced to the flood sample. Best chance of seeing them is if the games go back to a Halo ring

thx

The flood can stay gone I couldn’t stand it. Especially the missions of never ending waves of flood. I still curse the Cortana mission on Halo 3 legendary to this day.

Idk. I don’t like the flood. Especially in the Destiny Servers… Oh god.

> 2533274798250466;4:
> The Gravemind infected the mind of Halo 5’s lead writer, which explains why the campaign is so horrible.

I enjoyed the campaign but still had to laugh at this x)

They got their collective as.s handed to them by the chief on halo 3. U didn’t beat that game?

> 2533274795204542;3:
> There’s still Halos out there, so…

I do hope they come back or at least something to do with the precursors, like them coming back. The whole promethean guys and cortanna going all irobot on us just feels weak and lame compared to the threat the flood possessed. The flood from the forerunner book trilogy is some stuff I’d like to see.

They aren’t gone. At all.

There’s quarantine zones on the remaining rings, that still hold Flood. Then there’s the UNSC Spirit of Fire that has at least infection forms in it.

I hated the Flood so much. I understand they added to the overall story/lore of halo but I just hated them being in the games. Im glad they havent made a full return.

Okay, for those who say they hate the Flood, could you elaborate why? I just want to know.

there still out there

> 2533274792776027;17:
> Okay, for those who say they hate the Flood, could you elaborate why? I just want to know.

I just flat out didnt like them honestly. If am to elaborate the best I can say is I felt like the core conflict of the game was UNSC vs. Covenant and it veers off into a separate conflict mid way through H1-H3. I just wanted to fight the Covenant not zombies so to speak.

> 2533274804630713;19:
> > 2533274792776027;17:
> > Okay, for those who say they hate the Flood, could you elaborate why? I just want to know.
>
>
> I just flat out didnt like them honestly. If am to elaborate the best I can say is I felt like the core conflict of the game was UNSC vs. Covenant and it veers off into a separate conflict mid way through H1-H3. I just wanted to fight the Covenant not zombies so to speak.

I can understand that, but the Flood WAS meant to be part of the core conflict.

Think about it; if the Flood didn’t exist, then the Covenant Schism would most likely never have happened.

They are a major part of the lore of the Halo series.

Don’t get me wrong, though. I really do understand your point. You’re lead to believe that you’re going to fight the Covenant throughout the game, but then they throw a whole new enemy into the mix almost half-way through the game.