Where's the Campaign at? [OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN THREAD]

Not trying to sound mean or anything by all means, but most threads i see on here are all about the Matchmaking setup for Halo 4 rather than Campaign.
I would like to discuss the Campaign in this thread and how the community thinks it should play out story wise, and what is expected from it.
What characters do you want to see make a return? How do you think the Covenant and Flood will affect the story? Will Cortana make it out alive? Will we see a side of chief that we haven’t seen?

[Discuss]

-No trolling or spamming please!-

If you have read glasslands there is tension between the elites I hope at some point you will be able to fight against the elites who oppose alliance with humanity
the elites were so fun to fight against

• I want to see an evil ONI colonel who is allied with the master builder and they both create an army of anti-spartans that chief faces off against.

• I want heavily varied dynamic animations that are a from mo-cap.

• I want event triggered hand to hand combat sequences

• When a grenade goes off near the chief i want to see debris splatted across his face-shield and too feel the ground shake.

• when sprinting I want to be able to sprint into an enemy and shove a bladed object into their torso at the same time.

• I want to play as a forerunner

• I would love 3-4 different reload animations for each weapon

• bigger stronger more dangerous flood

• forerunner flood forms.

• the ability to use jackal shields

• the ability to assassinate a hunter

• forerunner equivalent of the warthog

• 0 G battles with grunts spinning around screaming Helplesslly

• a chase scene where the chief has to do nothing but escape a pursuing foe. no guns no fighting. just running.

• I want to be able to run up to an elite jump up kick them in the face while leaping off their body in the opposite direction and shooting another enemy in the face with a well placed magnum bullet.

• smart AI teammates that just DESTROY the enemy.

• smart enemy AI that makes for intelligent battles

• WAR SPHINXES

• the forerunner homeworld ( if it still exists )

• the Didact ( Bornstellar makes eternal lasting )

• Spartans vs antispartans

• more halo rings

• Stealth missions

• The library 2.0

• Mendicant Bias

I want the Arbiter and i will be happy.

> - I want to see an evil ONI colonel who is allied with the master builder and they both create an army of anti-spartans that chief faces off against.
>
> - I want heavily varied dynamic animations that are a from mo-cap.
>
> - I want event triggered hand to hand combat sequences
>
> - When a grenade goes off near the chief i want to see debris splatted across his face-shield and too feel the ground shake.
>
> - when sprinting I want to be able to sprint into an enemy and shove a bladed object into their torso at the same time.
>
> - I want to play as a forerunner
>
> - I would love 3-4 different reload animations for each weapon
>
> - bigger stronger more dangerous flood
>
> - forerunner flood forms.
>
> - the ability to use jackal shields
>
> - the ability to assassinate a hunter
>
> - forerunner equivalent of the warthog
>
> - 0 G battles with grunts spinning around screaming Helplesslly
>
> - a chase scene where the chief has to do nothing but escape a pursuing foe. no guns no fighting. just running.
>
> - I want to be able to run up to an elite jump up kick them in the face while leaping off their body in the opposite direction and shooting another enemy in the face with a well placed magnum bullet.
>
> - smart AI teammates that just DESTROY the enemy.
>
> - smart enemy AI that makes for intelligent battles
>
> - WAR SPHINXES
>
> - the forerunner homeworld ( if it still exists )
>
> - the Didact ( Bornstellar makes eternal lasting )
>
> - Spartans vs antispartans
>
> - more halo rings
>
> - Stealth missions
>
> - The library 2.0
>
> - Mendicant Bias

THIS

I don’t want to see, hear, or read anything about campaign, I want it to be a surprise when I get the game.

> I don’t want to see, hear, or read anything about campaign, I want it to be a surprise when I get the game.

Now, what’s the fun in that? You don’t even want to think about what it might be like?

I want to see Chief open up a door and inside that door there is nothing but cold fog and you see two blinking lights.
suddenly you hear cortana yell "RUN CHIEF ! JUST RUN !"
Chief runs down the corrider he came from and turns his head back to see a War Sphinx gaining speed behind him. The whole ground shakes. Chief sprints faster and faster as the environment around him turns to a blur. you slide-sprint under a bar like structure that is at chest level blocking your way. The Sphynx just smashes right through it.
Chief continues running and rips two grenades off his chest and throws them behind him. the grenades do nothing but infuriate the War Sphinx
There is a gap ahead.
Cortana says "you’re not gonna make it"
Chief says "I’m gonna make it."
Chief jumps the gap and grabs the a pipe hanging by the ledge. The war sphinx jumps the gap and lands above him. The war sphinx taunts chief like Darth Maul taunted Obi wan in Episode one as he is hanging on for dear life. Chief looks below and sees a hatch attached underneath him on the side of the chasm. he swings himself and drops in and tries to crawl his way to safety.
Suddenly a claw breaks through te top of the small tunnel and plucks him into the air sending bouncing off of the ceiling of the passage of the tunnel above the smaller tunnel and back onto the floor. The war sphinx leans over him like a lion and roars. It lifts its paws to crush him as chief hears the ping indicated his jet pack just finished recharging. Chief jams the button sending himself careening across the floor as his jet pack jettisons him 100 yards down tunnel to momentary safety as the foot-pad of the war sphinx leaves a crater in the floor behind. he bounces off the walls left to right in a zig zag scraping and sliding to a stop near the entrance.
Chief makes a run for it.
He calls out to Zeta 418 to send a battery of rockets into the mouth of the tunnel in 12 seconds.Chief will reach the mouth of the tunnel in 8 seconds.Zeta 418 is out of rockets. Chief sprints for the exit and sees a pelican careening right towards him from straight ahead only two dozen feet above the ground as he hits the dirt to avoid it.The pilot ejects at the last second. Chief hits the ground. the pelican smashes face first into the mouth of the war sphinx as they meet at the tunnel entrance with the force of 1000 fists. Chief gathers himself off the ground and looks to his left and then to his right as two more war sphinxes clamber out of the ground on either side from hidden passages.
Chief looks to his front as a scorpion tank and 3 hogs are dropped off from several overhead pelicans before they are vaporized sending hot metal ash and burning embers raining down upon the convoy.

end of /level.

Thats ^^^^ what I want in the campaign.

I hope that we see some Forerunners, whether they are allies or enemies. I have a strong feeling that there will be some Forerunners somewhere in the game. Does anyone agree? I also hope to see exactly what studying Covenant and Forerunner technology has done for the humans.

> I want to see Chief open up a door and inside that door there is nothing but cold fog and you see two blinking lights.
> suddenly you hear cortana yell "RUN CHIEF ! JUST RUN !"
> Chief runs down the corrider he came from and turns his head back to see a War Sphinx gaining speed behind him. The whole ground shakes. Chief sprints faster and faster as the environment around him turns to a blur. you slide-sprint under a bar like structure that is at chest level blocking your way. The Sphynx just smashes right through it.
> Chief continues running and rips two grenades off his chest and throws them behind him. the grenades do nothing but infuriate the War Sphinx
> There is a gap ahead.
> Cortana says "you’re not gonna make it"
> Chief says "I’m gonna make it."
> Chief jumps the gap and grabs the a pipe hanging by the ledge. The war sphinx jumps the gap and lands above him. The war sphinx taunts chief like Darth Maul taunted Obi wan in Episode one as he is hanging on for dear life. Chief looks below and sees a hatch attached underneath him on the side of the chasm. he swings himself and drops in and tries to crawl his way to safety.
> Suddenly a claw breaks through te top of the small tunnel and plucks him into the air sending bouncing off of the ceiling of the passage of the tunnel above the smaller tunnel and back onto the floor. The war sphinx leans over him like a lion and roars. It lifts its paws to crush him as chief hears the ping indicated his jet pack just finished recharging. Chief jams the button sending himself careening across the floor as his jet pack jettisons him 100 yards down tunnel to momentary safety as the foot-pad of the war sphinx leaves a crater in the floor behind. he bounces off the walls left to right in a zig zag scraping and sliding to a stop near the entrance.
> Chief makes a run for it.
> He calls out to Zeta 418 to send a battery of rockets into the mouth of the tunnel in 12 seconds.Chief will reach the mouth of the tunnel in 8 seconds.Zeta 418 is out of rockets. Chief sprints for the exit and sees a pelican careening right towards him from straight ahead only two dozen feet above the ground as he hits the dirt to avoid it.The pilot ejects at the last second. Chief hits the ground. the pelican smashes face first into the mouth of the war sphinx as they meet at the tunnel entrance with the force of 1000 fists. Chief gathers himself off the ground and looks to his left and then to his right as two more war sphinxes clamber out of the ground on either side from hidden passages.
> Chief looks to his front as a scorpion tank and 3 hogs are dropped off from several overhead pelicans before they are vaporized sending hot metal ash and burning embers raining down upon the convoy.
>
> end of /level.
>
> Thats ^^^^ what I want in the campaign.

Wow, that sounds very well thought out and exciting.

bumping quality thread.

Um, the reason why no complaining bout campaign is becuase…
PEOPLE TRUST 343…and they know it will be good…so why cant they trust them bout other stuff…duuuh

> Um, the reason why no complaining bout campaign is becuase…
> PEOPLE TRUST 343…and they know it will be good…so why cant they trust them bout other stuff…duuuh

True enough, they’ve got great books and well developed characters to use, I see no reason why they would fail ^^
My only hopes for campaign is; replay value, epic battles and long campaign. No 5h crap, we want a long campaign, we want epic battles like in Halo 3 but bigger, and a campaign worth playing over and over, unlike Reach.

I remeber reading or hearing somewhere (from Frankie probably) that campaign will be about 50% of their marketing so not to worry more should be coming.

sorry dont remember the link your just gonna have to take my word for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

MM > all day

But i think both will be fine…

Careful, guys. You’re hyping yourselves up WAY too much. I remember making the same wishlists about Halo 3, ODST, and Reach and the game never measured up to my imagination.

Hell, I’m just settling on dreaming that Halo 4 will have good multiplayer maps. I’m trying not to think about other aspects of the game for fear of over-hyping myself.

CE esque everything (mostly)!!

-I want enemies to be susceptible to manipulation like in CE and H2. In CE, I could shoot my gun from behind a wall and alter AI behavior. I could kill off a bunch of Covies leaving only one, go into hiding, and come back up to find him patrolling.

-I want AI to be responsive but also show a variety of reactions. I loved how Grunts would jump around trying to get the grenade off their face and how Elites would run around in circles when stuck. Now look. You stick them, they just run forward. You get needler shards in them, they don’t do anything. It’s so vulgar and unlifelike!

-I want allies to stop driving off with my vehicles and to stay in the freaking hog (only once in CE did they get out of the hog on their own and that was the overturned hog on AotCR).

-I want powerful weapons and big melee range so I can feel like a boss. Post CE, meleeing an infection form is incredibly difficult. Post CE, if I try to use a weapon other than the pistol, BR, DMR, sniper, rocket launcher, etc., I lose my shields unless I’m firing from adequate cover. I want to use my favorite weapon, the plasma rifle, yet I can’t do it because of how fast the projectile speed of most guns are. Post CE, lunge and autoaim are unacceptable.

-I want to benefit from difficulty increase (in CE, player received a shield recharge rate increase. In Reach, projectile speed got increased but it didn’t help me at all on Legendary).

-I want player equal enemies that seem like player equivalents. H3 Brutes were pathetic while Reach Elites had way too many advantages (I liked the faster grenade throwing though since AI tend to stick each other more when they do that slow grenade toss). Both made all sort of bad mistakes, such as when losing their shield, they berserked (Tough Luck induced this state in H3 Brutes but I’m not sure about Reach Elites). The Brutes with brute shots would fire at the player, even if the ground was right in front of them, losing their power armor.

-shield bleedthrough for shots. No shield bleedthrough in addition to Bloom severely limited weapons in Reach

-I want bumpy vehicle physics. CE’s hog was more easier to fit into closer spaces because of how it bounced against walls. It was also more easier to park… it also didn’t flip that much and I liked how marines on the turret would do that yee haw animation. :smiley:

-I want no vehicle health. That is extremely annoying, especially when you have EMP plasma pistol overcharge spammers.

-No more vehicle durability sacrificed for power. I hated that. The Reach Banshee, the Reach Wraith, etc. Also, give better traction and vehicle control. The H3 Wraith and Banshee were disappointments. Same thing with the H3 Ghosts. The Ghost had some difficulty climbing up slanted cliffs if it didn’t have a speed boost. With the Wraith, I had to fire a heck lot of mortars to get myself back on the ground. I liked how in H2, I could squeeze the thing through the gap in the control room.

CE: Immersive, genuine enemies
H2: Somewhat immersive, somewhat robot enemies
H3: Breaks immersion, robot enemies
Reach: Breaks immersion, robot enemies

in a few days i think we might learn MORE about H4

Well, since it’s the reclaimed trilogy and there are three games, they have a lot of room.
I think in four, it should be centered around discovering the Forerunner shield world, and realizing the threat to the universe, whatever it may be (flood, forerunner, sentinels, etc.) and returning to Earth to stop it from taking down the entire planet.

In the fifth game, I think that humanity should be in the middle of the war that started in the fourth against either the forerunner or whatever, and chief finds the Covenant Separatists are at war with the main body of covenant. He temporarily assists them but the Covenant come to a temporary treaty so that they can assist chief.

The final one should wrap everything up. End the war, send the covenant home and drive the flood to extinction. It could end with the shield world exploding. I think this would be a good time for chief to hang up his gun, or even for him to die in the process. He could leave some missions for the Spartan 4s, saving the universe twice is enough, right?