Where's that update?

If I remember correctly, the community was told that we would get a fix/update for the Champions DLC in “mid October.” Well it’s mid October and the latest bulletin didn’t even mention a word about that update. I long to play Spartan Ops with my armor and my weapons but I have to wait even longer just to do that, probably after the next bulletin. I enjoy Halo 4 but I am also extremely displeased with how many bugs and glitches came with the latest DLC. I’ve been playing Reach and 3 in the meantime but I want to get back into Halo 4 without being forced to look at those stupid scout shoulders and whatever that wrist armor is, and of course to play SpOps, but I cannot therefore I haven’t been able to enjoy Halo 4 lately. It’s been 2 months now and a fix still hasn’t been released? Bungie would’ve been all over that in an instant and we would’ve gotten an update about it in their weekly updates. But instead all I get is playlist updates and pumpkin stuff? I don’t think so.

If you read last weeks bulletin, you would know that the fix you’re talking about is going through its final testing stage and we were told it would be released shortly. Even then, it still won’t allow you to use all the new stuff in Spartan Ops, since it can’t be done. I honestly don’t see the big deal, since you can’t see your armour anyway. It’s not like theres a theatre mode for Spartan Ops.

The update you’re waiting for won’t allow you to equip any Champions bundle content in Spartan Ops. It will only address loadout resets, fix the scout shoulders/forearms in war games and patch some glitches in Forge.

Read the thing don’t just look at the pictures.

> If you read last weeks bulletin, you would know that the fix you’re talking about is going through its final testing stage and we were told it would be released shortly. Even then, it still won’t allow you to use all the new stuff in Spartan Ops, <mark>since it can’t be done.</mark> I honestly don’t see the big deal, since you can’t see your armour anyway. It’s not like theres a theatre mode for Spartan Ops.

As someone who takes a great deal of time choosing which armor to use and what to get rid of, yes, it is a “big deal” for me. I don’t play Halo to run ‘n’ gun in multiplayer and just mindlessly shoot everything. It’s annoying to see one of the worst armor pieces on me when I chose one that I liked.

Bungie thought Forge World couldn’t be done either, but look what happened. I’m no game developer but I will not except “it can’t be done” as an answer. Bungie never did either. If some random person can mod theater mode into the Campaign then why can’t the actual game developers fix a bug that they created?

> Read the thing don’t just look at the pictures.

You’re asking me to read paragraphs and paragraphs of playlist updates when I can just read the heading to know what’s being mentioned? I don’t read things I do not care about as I don’t play matchmaking so these playlist updates are of no use for me personally. You can’t deny that there was no mention of any fix for these bugs.

> > If you read last weeks bulletin, you would know that the fix you’re talking about is going through its final testing stage and we were told it would be released shortly. Even then, it still won’t allow you to use all the new stuff in Spartan Ops, <mark>since it can’t be done.</mark> I honestly don’t see the big deal, since you can’t see your armour anyway. It’s not like theres a theatre mode for Spartan Ops.
>
> As someone who takes a great deal of time choosing which armor to use and what to get rid of, yes, it is a “big deal” for me. I don’t play Halo to run ‘n’ gun in multiplayer and just mindlessly shoot everything. It’s annoying to see one of the worst armor pieces on me when I chose one that I liked.
>
> Bungie thought Forge World couldn’t be done either, but look what happened. I’m no game developer but I will not except “it can’t be done” as an answer. Bungie never did either. If some random person can mod theater mode into the Campaign then why can’t the actual game developers fix a bug that they created?

But 343I cant add the new armors to Spops since its full. The whole code of Spops is full, and if 343I wanted to add the armors into it, they would have to remove something, which would possibly end up in a disaster.

> If you read last weeks bulletin, you would know that the fix you’re talking about is going through its final testing stage and we were told it would be released shortly. Even then, it still won’t allow you to use all the new stuff in Spartan Ops, since it can’t be done. I honestly don’t see the big deal, since you can’t see your armour anyway. It’s not like theres a theatre mode for Spartan Ops.

My idea of shortly isn’t 2 months after the last Title Update. I do know that it’s in the final stages but what bothers me is the fact that the latest bulletin had no mention of it whatsoever which means we will probably have to wait for the next bulletin for its release.

> If you read last weeks bulletin, you would know that the fix you’re talking about is going through its final testing stage and we were told it would be released shortly. Even then, it still won’t allow you to use all the new stuff in Spartan Ops, since it can’t be done. I honestly don’t see the big deal, since you can’t see your armour anyway. <mark>It’s not like theres a theatre mode for Spartan Ops.</mark>

Yup. Thanks for that as well, 343.

> If you read last weeks bulletin, you would know that the fix you’re talking about is going through its final testing stage and we were told it would be released shortly. Even then, it still won’t allow you to use all the new stuff in Spartan Ops, since it can’t be done. I honestly don’t see the big deal, since you can’t see your armour anyway. It’s not like theres a theatre mode for Spartan Ops.

nobody cares about the splitscreening players… with our frame-rate issues that make it impossible to play forged MM maps to being unable to deck out as ODST’s in spartan ops (I was so pumped for it). Sure, there’s no theatre mode in SO (thanks 343), but that doesn’t mean there aren’t players who care about the armor they wear in Spartan Ops. In reach, the whole theme of YOU as a character was introduced. This was expressed through the ARMOR you were wearing. When they change your armor on you, it no longer feels like YOU.

I know it won’t be fixed, I just wished 343 was transparent about it.

> > If you read last weeks bulletin, you would know that the fix you’re talking about is going through its final testing stage and we were told it would be released shortly. Even then, it still won’t allow you to use all the new stuff in Spartan Ops, since it can’t be done. I honestly don’t see the big deal, since you can’t see your armour anyway. It’s not like theres a theatre mode for Spartan Ops.
>
> nobody cares about the splitscreening players… with our frame-rate issues that make it impossible to play forged MM maps to being unable to deck out as ODST’s in spartan ops (I was so pumped for it). Sure, there’s no theatre mode in SO (thanks 343), but that doesn’t mean there aren’t players who care about the armor they wear in Spartan Ops. In reach, the whole theme of YOU as a character was introduced. This was expressed through the ARMOR you were wearing. When they change your armor on you, it no longer feels like YOU.
>
> I know it won’t be fixed, I just wished 343 was transparent about it.

Exactly.

> > > If you read last weeks bulletin, you would know that the fix you’re talking about is going through its final testing stage and we were told it would be released shortly. Even then, it still won’t allow you to use all the new stuff in Spartan Ops, <mark>since it can’t be done.</mark> I honestly don’t see the big deal, since you can’t see your armour anyway. It’s not like theres a theatre mode for Spartan Ops.
> >
> > As someone who takes a great deal of time choosing which armor to use and what to get rid of, yes, it is a “big deal” for me. I don’t play Halo to run ‘n’ gun in multiplayer and just mindlessly shoot everything. It’s annoying to see one of the worst armor pieces on me when I chose one that I liked.
> >
> > Bungie thought Forge World couldn’t be done either, but look what happened. I’m no game developer but I will not except “it can’t be done” as an answer. Bungie never did either. If some random person can mod theater mode into the Campaign then why can’t the actual game developers fix a bug that they created?
>
> But 343I cant add the new armors to Spops since its full. The whole code of Spops is full, and if 343I wanted to add the armors into it, they would have to remove something, which would possibly end up in a disaster.

Maybe take away the spamfest of enemies that spawn since more people play it solo than cooperatively. That’s probably a legitimate thing that cannot be done but only making enough space for what the game is at launch is ridiculous. We aren’t in the 90’s anymore, game developers shouldn’t act like we are. I’m sure 343 had at least concepts for armor and weapon DLC ever since the creation of Halo 4 so why not prepare a game mode for that? Especially since it required an 8 gigabyte install just to play, and XBL as well. That’s horrible planning. Once again, if players can mod theater mode into Campaign, which wasn’t ever supposed to happen, then why can the actual developer of the game not fix the game? It’s nonsense to the highest of extents and there’s no excuses that will make me except terrible planning and execution of those plans.

They already said they couldn’t fix the problem with the Champions DLC content not working in Spartan Ops; and waited until two weeks after the release to tell us that…

Despite that, I’m hoping they’ll somehow find a way to fix it with this update. Like… maybe the reason they moved the update back to mid-October was that they were looking into a means to fix it. I can only hope.

At the very least, I’d like them to fix the problem with Skulls in Spartan Ops; they said they were turning them on for matchmaking, but for some reason they’re active in custom games too, with no way to turn them off. As if it wasn’t bad enough when I found out I couldn’t use my new Mark V and ODST armors in Spartan Ops…

Personally, I’m not playing Halo 4 again until they get rid of the Skulls. I need a break from this game anyway… I started playing again when I got all excited for the Champions DLC, only for that to end in disappointment. I’ll be in Halo 3 or Reach in the meantime.

> > > > If you read last weeks bulletin, you would know that the fix you’re talking about is going through its final testing stage and we were told it would be released shortly. Even then, it still won’t allow you to use all the new stuff in Spartan Ops, <mark>since it can’t be done.</mark> I honestly don’t see the big deal, since you can’t see your armour anyway. It’s not like theres a theatre mode for Spartan Ops.
> > >
> > > As someone who takes a great deal of time choosing which armor to use and what to get rid of, yes, it is a “big deal” for me. I don’t play Halo to run ‘n’ gun in multiplayer and just mindlessly shoot everything. It’s annoying to see one of the worst armor pieces on me when I chose one that I liked.
> > >
> > > Bungie thought Forge World couldn’t be done either, but look what happened. I’m no game developer but I will not except “it can’t be done” as an answer. Bungie never did either. If some random person can mod theater mode into the Campaign then why can’t the actual game developers fix a bug that they created?
> >
> > But 343I cant add the new armors to Spops since its full. The whole code of Spops is full, and if 343I wanted to add the armors into it, they would have to remove something, which would possibly end up in a disaster.
>
> Maybe take away the spamfest of enemies that spawn since more people play it solo than cooperatively. That’s probably a legitimate thing that cannot be done but only making enough space for what the game is at launch is ridiculous. We aren’t in the 90’s anymore, game developers shouldn’t act like we are. I’m sure 343 had at least concepts for armor and weapon DLC ever since the creation of Halo 4 so why not prepare a game mode for that? Especially since it required an 8 gigabyte install just to play, and XBL as well. That’s horrible planning. Once again, if players can mod theater mode into Campaign, which wasn’t ever supposed to happen, then why can the actual developer of the game not fix the game? It’s nonsense to the highest of extents and there’s no excuses that will make me except terrible planning and execution of those plans.

I wouldn’t say that 343I had plans for armor DLC since launch, because most of the added armor and skins were requests by the community.
And, if you havent noticed, Halo 4 was extremely rushed, which would explain why they didnt leave any room in Spops for future updates.
Annoying, i know, but these things happen. I just hope 343I now learns what they did wrong and dont repeat theyre mistakes.

> > If you read last weeks bulletin, you would know that the fix you’re talking about is going through its final testing stage and we were told it would be released shortly. Even then, it still won’t allow you to use all the new stuff in Spartan Ops, <mark>since it can’t be done.</mark> I honestly don’t see the big deal, since you can’t see your armour anyway. It’s not like theres a theatre mode for Spartan Ops.
>
> As someone who takes a great deal of time choosing which armor to use and what to get rid of, yes, it is a “big deal” for me. I don’t play Halo to run ‘n’ gun in multiplayer and just mindlessly shoot everything. It’s annoying to see one of the worst armor pieces on me when I chose one that I liked.
>
> Bungie thought Forge World couldn’t be done either, but look what happened. I’m no game developer but I will not except “it can’t be done” as an answer. Bungie never did either. If some random person can mod theater mode into the Campaign then why can’t the actual game developers fix a bug that they created?

It could be done, but at the expense of having a huge update for everyone to have the armor in all the Spartan Ops missions. The launch armor was all loaded in the game and could be worn in Spartan Ops, but with the new armors, they were not already in the game.

Bungie in Reach said that the prospect of adding new armor to the game at all was unfeasible, 343 found a way to at least getting it in multiplayer. I think that’s an accomplishment in it’s self.

> > > > > If you read last weeks bulletin, you would know that the fix you’re talking about is going through its final testing stage and we were told it would be released shortly. Even then, it still won’t allow you to use all the new stuff in Spartan Ops, <mark>since it can’t be done.</mark> I honestly don’t see the big deal, since you can’t see your armour anyway. It’s not like theres a theatre mode for Spartan Ops.
> > > >
> > > > As someone who takes a great deal of time choosing which armor to use and what to get rid of, yes, it is a “big deal” for me. I don’t play Halo to run ‘n’ gun in multiplayer and just mindlessly shoot everything. It’s annoying to see one of the worst armor pieces on me when I chose one that I liked.
> > > >
> > > > Bungie thought Forge World couldn’t be done either, but look what happened. I’m no game developer but I will not except “it can’t be done” as an answer. Bungie never did either. If some random person can mod theater mode into the Campaign then why can’t the actual game developers fix a bug that they created?
> > >
> > > But 343I cant add the new armors to Spops since its full. The whole code of Spops is full, and if 343I wanted to add the armors into it, they would have to remove something, which would possibly end up in a disaster.
> >
> > Maybe take away the spamfest of enemies that spawn since more people play it solo than cooperatively. That’s probably a legitimate thing that cannot be done but only making enough space for what the game is at launch is ridiculous. We aren’t in the 90’s anymore, game developers shouldn’t act like we are. I’m sure 343 had at least concepts for armor and weapon DLC ever since the creation of Halo 4 so why not prepare a game mode for that? Especially since it required an 8 gigabyte install just to play, and XBL as well. That’s horrible planning. Once again, if players can mod theater mode into Campaign, which wasn’t ever supposed to happen, then why can the actual developer of the game not fix the game? It’s nonsense to the highest of extents and there’s no excuses that will make me except terrible planning and execution of those plans.
>
> I wouldn’t say that 343I had plans for armor DLC since launch, because most of the added armor and skins were requests by the community.
> And, if you havent noticed, Halo 4 was extremely rushed, which would explain why they didnt leave any room in Spops for future updates.
> Annoying, i know, but these things happen. I just hope 343I now learns what they did wrong and dont repeat theyre mistakes.

I’ve been active on the forums since the launch of Halo 4 and I never saw one post asking for more armor. I did notice that Halo 4 was rushed but so was Halo 2, and it’s not because the developers wanted that, it’s because the publishers did. Mistakes do happen but I won’t accept “it cannot be done” as an answer, not because I despise 343, but because I have hopes in their abilities as a company.