Wheres do the casuals go?

Why aren’t there enough casual playlists to be played on Halo 5?

We can all admit that Halo MCC was a complete and utter flop for the Halo community to look at.
Most of us were hoping and putting all of our faith into this one game believing that it was going to save the franchise by bringing newer and older players back.

So we have playlists for pro and competitive players but what about the casuals? Where is the multi team playlist, the fiesta playlist, the racing playlist?
Why has this all gone away? They bring these casual playlists for us to play but to only remove it shortly after!

Infection is fun but can be repetitive at the most which is why it needs more maps, players, and variants of infection.
Its the little details that people enjoy. Shotty snipers is up but is more than sure to be taken down before we can even get into it.

There are so many great and challenging maps that have mongooses and warthogs, so where are the playlists for them? Rockethogs, rally races, even gungooses! If 343 can really implement more from the forge community than it can really bring in a more relaxed and settled game play for ALL players! Halo 5 shouldn’t be an introduction to eSports, it should be an introduction to what Halo was and is.

Not to turn this into a complaining thread, but as great as it is, Infection does get old after a good while. They need to permanently implement unorthodox playlists like Mythic Shotty-Snipers to keep things fresh IMO. Generic unranked playlists just don’t cut it anymore.

YES!!! This is why I spend a majority of my time in warzone instead of arena. In warzone there’s all sorts of silly stuff you can do, and you can do it without anyone getting pissed at you because you’re hurting their rankings. By and large, arena just isn’t very fun anymore.

Having not played Halo 5 yet, I have a really quick question. Do they really add in playlists and so forth and then just take them out? Seems kind of dumb.

The less sweaty players go to warzone. Or maybe BTB. Or infection. It isn’t that they’re aren’t unranked environments, it’s just that there’s no unranked team slayer, the staple play list of this game. I think people would stress a lot less about multiteam and action sack if they could play 4v4 without feeling like it was a grind.

Miss the casual playlists, such as Juggernaut.

I just want to relax and play some team sumo

> 2533274849645950;2:
> Not to turn this into a complaining thread, but as great as it is, Infection does get old after a good while. They need to permanently implement unorthodox playlists like Mythic Shotty-Snipers to keep things fresh IMO. Generic unranked playlists just don’t cut it anymore.

We’re not complaining because we “hate” the game we’re complaining because we care about the game.

> 2533274874813833;4:
> Having not played Halo 5 yet, I have a really quick question. Do they really add in playlists and so forth and then just take them out? Seems kind of dumb.

If only they were planing on keeping them for future updates I wouldn’t mind. They add them for a couple of days then quickly remove them before anyone can really notice them. This time its shotty snipers, before it was super fiesta, and before that was swat free for all. They even had multi teams at one point! Click here to see all the playlists they’ve added only to quickly remove. http://www.halopedia.org/Featured_playlists_(Halo_5:_Guardians)

> 2535467631720415;3:
> YES!!! This is why I spend a majority of my time in warzone instead of arena. In warzone there’s all sorts of silly stuff you can do, and you can do it without anyone getting pissed at you because you’re hurting their rankings. By and large, arena just isn’t very fun anymore.

Its something for competitive players who want to get on edge but for the majority being casuals there really isn’t much left.

> 2533274810153165;6:
> Miss the casual playlists, such as Juggernaut.

I don’t even think that’s in Halo 5 yet to be honest.

I for one would like to see Rocket race or Race in general.

maybe because the game is geared toward the die hard and hyper-competitive, lack of splitscreen combined with the difficult controls for forge and an only online forge and custom games makes the game hold no replay value in the future. Where as we can still play the old halos locally thanks to system link. Lan parties are still a thing.

> 2533274801770526;8:
> > 2533274849645950;2:
> > Not to turn this into a complaining thread, but as great as it is, Infection does get old after a good while. They need to permanently implement unorthodox playlists like Mythic Shotty-Snipers to keep things fresh IMO. Generic unranked playlists just don’t cut it anymore.
>
>
> We’re not complaining because we “hate” the game we’re complaining because we care about the game.

I personally didn’t want to come off as complaining. As a heads up, you can quote multiple people a single post rather than quadruple posting.

Yeah, the casual playlists don’t always feel casual.
BTB doesn’t really feel social, and some of the rotating social playlists (Social Slayer, Team Sniper) have a tendency to get tough due to teams of really good players rolling through to bump up their K/D. I think the social playlists would benefit from separate stat tracking from ranked Arena.

I usually stick to Warzone or BTB.

It’s really annoying that halo 5 lacks of too many good things previous games introduced to the community. I want that multi team list, and to be able to play on community maps in matchmaking. Or at least 343 should make more and better maps, not variants and also they should make flat maps like the previous games. Now I feel like all maps were made for the ground pound

> 2533274849645950;2:
> Not to turn this into a complaining thread, but as great as it is, Infection does get old after a good while. They need to permanently implement unorthodox playlists like Mythic Shotty-Snipers to keep things fresh IMO. Generic unranked playlists just don’t cut it anymore.

Holy -Yoink-! Someone just said what no one wanted to hear because it might justify a design decision!

Ok so can someone clear things up for me. Does a social playlist affect your stats example K/D???

Becuase what if like is a playlist where you go and have fun with no medal, or kill counts.

Thanks for for any clarification on this.

> 2533275017602303;19:
> Ok so can someone clear things up for me. Does a social playlist affect your stats example K/D???
>
> Becuase what if like is a playlist where you go and have fun with no medal, or kill counts.
>
> Thanks for for any clarification on this.

Ideally a social playlist is one that does not track your stats, does not have strict matchmaking and does not offer a ranked experience. Preferably one where you drop in and will play with/against any number of players from all sorts of skill levels.