Where's bungie when we need them...

In the beginning I was 100% for 343 Studios in making Halo 4. Of course I didn’t understand Bungie discontinuing the Halo series but I was still optimistic about the new game. I became ever more optimistic after playing 343’s first Halo game; Halo: CE Anniversary. How they redesigned everything was, in my opinion, to near perfection.

However…

All my hopes for Halo 4 were dashed yesterday when I heard what 343’s plans were for the game. If you haven’t heard, here’s a short list of what they plan on doing.

• There will be NO armor customization in Multiplier Making. (;_:wink:
  • No elites in Multiplier. (What???)
  • No Firefight and possibly taking out the Forge Mode. (T_T)
  • Players will be able to choose what primary, secondary, and type of grenade they can use before a match. (uhhhh…what???)
  • All multiplier maps will take place on a UNSC Frigate (wtf???)

That’s just a little bit of the plans for Halo 4. If I could say anything to 343, it would be to stop trying to copy CoD and keep the Halo tradition going. Short cutting your way through the game creation is a slap in the face for Halo fans, Bungie, and pretty much the whole Xbox community. Xbox wouldn’t be where it’s at today had not Halo: CE and Halo 2 ever of been made. Hopefully I’m not the only person who feels this way.

You are missing a lot of information. Some of your point should not even exist. Before making a rant try to get more information and also don’t take the first shaddy rumour or info leak on the internet.

click here for more detail.

I’m sorry, but no. Even if I don’t agree with a lot of the things 343i is doing, I’d rather have them than the current Bungie. Bungie was burned out on Halo. They wanted to move on. That’s why Reach was as unbalanced as it is and why they left it that way for so long. 343i actually cares about keeping it going, I’ll give them that. They have the passion that Bungie no-longer had for Halo.

No armor customization?? what? you are probably wrong…
Oh and you don’t play on the UNSC Frigate but in a virtual simulator inside that,it can simulate all kinds of enviroment.

Oh, and Forge was confirmed long time ago.

dont feed trolls

> In the beginning I was 100% for 343 Studios in making Halo 4. Of course I didn’t understand Bungie discontinuing the Halo series but I was still optimistic about the new game. I became ever more optimistic after playing 343’s first Halo game; Halo: CE Anniversary. How they redesigned everything was, in my opinion, to near perfection.
>
> However…
>
> All my hopes for Halo 4 were dashed yesterday when I heard what 343’s plans were for the game. If you haven’t heard, here’s a short list of what they plan on doing.
>
> - There will be NO armor customization in Multiplier Making. (;_:wink:
> - No elites in Multiplier. (What???)
> - No Firefight and possibly taking out the Forge Mode. (T_T)
> - Players will be able to choose what primary, secondary, and type of grenade they can use before a match. (uhhhh…what???)
> - All multiplier maps will take place on a UNSC Frigate (wtf???)
>
> That’s just a little bit of the plans for Halo 4. If I could say anything to 343, it would be to stop trying to copy CoD and keep the Halo tradition going. Short cutting your way through the game creation is a slap in the face for Halo fans, Bungie, and pretty much the whole Xbox community. Xbox wouldn’t be where it’s at today had not Halo: CE and Halo 2 ever of been made. Hopefully I’m not the only person who feels this way.

Wow you really don’t know anything do you

You don’t even know what your talking about. Read up a bit more please.
-There will be armor customization
-Elites are not in MM and they don’t need to be.
-Firefight is replaced with the much better Spartan Ops and Forge is not gone
-Just about the same as Reach with Loadouts if you think about it
-All maps are on a Holodeck so the environments can be what ever they want them to be.

Now who told you all this massive misinformation so I can go shove a size 24 hoof up their -Yoink-.

I suggest you read around the forums a bit and check out some of the stickies before posting as much of this has been covered extensively. Not to mention that some of your posts are misguided.

Welcome to Waypoint.

First off this;

> I’m sorry, but no. Even if I don’t agree with a lot of the things 343i is doing, I’d rather have them than 343i. Bungie was burned out on Halo. They wanted to move on. That’s why Reach was as unbalanced as it is and why they left it that way for so long. 343i actually cares about keeping it going, I’ll give them that. They have the passion that Bungie no-longer had for Halo.

> - There will be NO armor customization in Multiplier Making. (;_:wink:

There will be a plethora armor customization, like in Halo’s of old, you can assume some fan faves will return. ODST, RECON, EVA, MK5, MK6, Stuff that is in Halo Canon as existing ( By that I mean in book form. )

> No elites in Multiplier. (What???)

In Halo 2-3 the hit box and the head was not in the same spot, visually. In Halo Reach the Elite is more powerful. They just haven’t found away to balance them out. And since this is a VR training simulator, for Spartan 4’s on the most advanced ship humans own, I doubt they would one let elites on board, and even if they did, they would still most likely be represented as Spartans. Now I don’t believe that means Elites are gone whole sale, but they wont be in Match Making.

> - No Firefight and possibly taking out the Forge Mode. (T_T)

Firefight was IMO boring, Spartan OPS sounds a lot like a mix between Firefight and single player, or what I would say to be the evolution of the firefight concept. As for forge nothing has been said, however I would rather the game shop with a lot of maps then a forge world, to supplement maps any day, if they wanna make a forge world DLC like Sandbox and Foundry, fine, but I really don’t want it on the vanilla disk, I’m just sick of maps that look the same, with distracting geography and meshed together pieces.

> - Players will be able to choose what primary, secondary, and type of grenade they can use before a match.

This isn’t really an issue, all the weapons in Halo are balanced, for the most part. You wont get a shotgun or a sniper, or rockets. What you will get is the; BR,DMR,AR, Carbine, Assault Carbine. You decide which one you want to start with. Something I dont see as an issue because 90% of the time I play with X utility weapon anyways an in game I’m forced to play with the AR, 90% of the time your first spawn is looking at X utility weapon.

I don’t fins this to unbalance the game, I find it more or less a way to allow people to play how they want. If your a n00b and you cant use the DMR or the BR, you don’t wanna play with it. If your a Pro and you don’t wanna use anything but the BR, you are now no longer forced to play AR starts. People see load outs and go off on the call of duty -Yoink- train. With out thinking how positive this really is.

I WILL NEVER BE FORCED TO START WITH THE AR AGAIN!!! Unless I want to.

> - All multiplier maps will take place on a UNSC Frigate (wtf???)

Because Wraparound look like a UNSC Frigate, no its a VR program used to simulate live combat training. Now I don’t know how many people have ever noticed, but in all the Halo game Multiplayer maps have always been maps that were possible with in that game. Always.

Halo 4 has a VR simulator, so now not only is it not confined by that self-imposed limitation, but it can realistically create anything they want.