Where would you go with Infinite’s story?

Hypothetical, but you are the narrative director and lead writer, and thus given the task to map out and write the story of Infinite. Where would go with it?

Chief recruits Jun and Buck to take down Cortana by siding with the Flood one more time…

Firstly I’d blow up the Infinite in the opening credits since that ship is too OP, doesn’t make sense as to why it exists… (I could go on about that)
2ndly…I’d find a 2nd fragment that acts like an AI Cortana so she actually looks like an AI like classic AI instead of the confusing human type AI Cortana we seem to be getting these days. (Kind of strange how she get’s older, suddenly able to use up more rendering power to become more realistic looking…makes me wonder where she’s get the power from) then destroy evil Cortana.
3rdly…Flood (I don’t care for the reason for there return…just keep them coming so I can kill an ‘infinite’ amount of them)
And 4thly…reasons unknown…Promethean’s suddenly lose all their teleporting abilities and stop Phantoms from appearing out of nowhere.

Also Nathan Fillion would become charge of the Spartan program because Palmer isn’t suited to the role. Maybe they could even make 1 of the Blue team a leader like maybe Kelly or Linda.

Then for a new cliffhanger I would have a new unknown foe that makes the old Covenant work together to fight a new foe while the Flood are still on-going threat.
Oh and I’d tease a return of the Didact’s return.

> 2533274829873463;3:
> Firstly I’d blow up the Infinite in the opening credits since that ship is too OP, doesn’t make sense as to why it exists… (I could go on about that)
> 2ndly…I’d find a 2nd fragment that acts like an AI Cortana so she actually looks like an AI like classic AI instead of the confusing human type AI Cortana we seem to be getting these days. (Kind of strange how she get’s older, suddenly able to use up more rendering power to become more realistic looking…makes me wonder where she’s get the power from) then destroy evil Cortana.
> 3rdly…Flood (I don’t care for the reason for there return…just keep them coming so I can kill an ‘infinite’ amount of them)
> And 4thly…reasons unknown…Promethean’s suddenly lose all their teleporting abilities and stop Phantoms from appearing out of nowhere.
>
> Also Nathan Fillion would become charge of the Spartan program because Palmer isn’t suited to the role. Maybe they could even make 1 of the Blue team a leader like maybe Kelly or Linda.
>
> Then for a new cliffhanger I would have a new unknown foe that makes the old Covenant work together to fight a new foe while the Flood are still on-going threat.
> Oh and I’d tease a return of the Didact’s return.

“I can kill an ‘infinite’ amount of them” I see what you did there and I love it AND also agree.

> 2533274829873463;3:
> Then for a new cliffhanger I would have a new unknown foe that makes the old Covenant work together to fight a new foe while the Flood are still on-going threat.
> Oh and I’d tease a return of the Didact’s return.

Ok… First of all you beat me to MY idea about the Didact’s return LOL.

Secondly… I’d actually have Master Cheif save Cortana by “kinda” sacrificing himself… Have his blood mix in with her AI Matrix creating a hybridized abnormally within her construct. This could be done by using enhanced Flood parasitic organisms that you would have to acquire on the Halo ring hence fighting the flood AGAIN.

At the very end of the story the newly evolved, emotionally centered AI, of Cortana CARRIES Chief to a forerunner construct to put him in cryostasis. When she does this she would say something to the effect of.
“The fights not over yet… John”

After this the next cut screen would be a vortex in time and space opening on a never before seen construct as you see the wounded Didact emerging with vengeance in his eye’s.

Infinity crash lands on Zeta Halo. Chief rallies surviving marines. Needs to form effective resistance to rescue captured captain Lasky.

Maybe Halsey has a back-up Cortana she gives to Chief, which he needs to insert into real Cortana to nullify Cortan entirely.

Preface: I know this shatters the lore in almost every conceivable way and probably makes no sense, but it’s what I came up with to solve most of the problems people had with 343’s earlier installments. With some patchwork, it might work (ah who am I kidding no it won’t. There’s just way too much that I want to see to possibly cram in to one story, but I’m trying anyway which is why this is so screwy). Read at your own risk.

I’d have the game open by them finding and using the Janus Key (if that’s even possible) to try to locate the source of the Domain to find a way to stop Cortana. This location turns out to be Maethrillian. There, we can get plenty of terminals and information to stop the complaints people had about neglecting all the Forerunner stuff from 4. With the information from Abaddon, they find a way contain Cortana, but they need another smart AI, which they obviously don’t have. While trying to find another loyal smart AI, Infinity hears a distress signal from ONIRF Trevalyn, and heads there to assist in the siege of Onyx (this isn’t really necessary but I’ve wanted to see Onyx in a game for awhile now). They pick up Tom and Lucy, then barely escape a Guardian’s EMP. As they continue random jumps, they bump into the Halo ring sent from the Ark. The Guardian seen at the end of HW2 has already left, because there was no major threat on the ring and it was needed elsewhere. However, there is a small company of armigers left to secure Anders, so there’s a mission to rescue Anders on the ring. She tells them about the situation on the Ark, and, since Tom and Lucy’s method of defeating Guardians is implausible, they decide to travel to the Ark and threaten to activate all the Halo rings unless Cortana relinquishes her control. Since her twisted duty as false Keeper of the Mantle is to preserve all life, they figure they can bluff and she wouldn’t take the chance. To get to the Ark control room, they have to go through Atriox. All the Spartans currently around (with some Avengers style group shots definitely), as well as a host of marines and the Spirit of Fire crew, lead a massive assault (there could also be a Flood cameo somewhere in here as well). They successfully seize the control room, losing a few Spartans but taking out Atriox in the process. They broadcast the message to Cortana, who, calling their bluff, sends a massive army to the Ark. The combined knowledge of Halsey and Anders leads them to finding access to the Domain from the Ark. While the remaining human forces hold off Cortana in a last stand, Isabel and Roland enter the Domain and start to fight Cortana. Since the Domain repairs AI, they can’t actually be destroyed, and with the help of Abaddon, they manage to contain Cortana and force her onto a data chip. Chief removes this chip, and after a conversation that I’m sure will make me cry my eyes out, crushes the data chip, fulfilling the line from Warden Eternal in 5 “Tell me 117, when you pull Cortana from the Domain, and crush her in your gauntleted fist, will you even feel remorse?” Without Cortana leading them now, the crisis is averted (Warden would have to be destroyed somewhere I’m not quite sure where). Humanity can now claim the Mantle of Responsibility and advance once again to their pre-Forerunner War state. Osman realizes they don’t need Halsey anymore since they have Anders and the crisis is averted, and orders Palmer to fulfill the orders she had originally before Halsey’s critical information that led to Halo 5 put those orders on hold. The death of Halsey leads Chief and the remaining Spartan IIs to go rogue, leading to the Hunt the Truth campaign people wanted before 5 changed.

Again I realize this is the crappiest story imaginable and I’m surprised if anyone made it this far to even read this without dying of cringe first. Like I said, there’s a lot I wanted to cram in (there’s more I want to but I just can’t find a way, even my extremely stretched methods, for them to fit) as well as try to fix the common complaints people have with 343’s games.

Below are 10 levels for Halo Infinite that were put together either on the fly over the last hour or from a few previous posts I’ve made in other forum topics:

• The Infinity receives an emergency signal from the science outpost on Zeta Halo, causing Lasky to take the Infinity there to investigate. The Infinity is immediately attacked by the Created’s organic military (Unggoy, Yonhet, etc) above the ring’s surface, causing the Infinity to eventually be destroyed by the Created. The Infinity crash lands on Zeta Halo while the Chief and as many Spartans as possible escape and crash onto the surface of Zeta Halo in lifeboats and single fighters. - Chief assists Palmer and Lasky in consolidating the UNSC forces on the ring to set up an outpost and begin gathering resources from the Infinity crash site (kinda like the ODSTs during CE who raided the POA for supplies). Roland would also be a very important asset to recover. This leads to a confrontation between UNSC and Created organics that are almost defeated by the UNSC, which causes the Created to start sending in Prometheans, who turn the tide of the battle and cause the UNSC to retreat back to their original outpost, but not before the Chief recovers Roland. - Lasky decides that the UNSC forces need to build up their defenses at their military outpost, so only the Chief (and Roland as his AI) can be spared to go recon the science outpost and assess the casualties and damage. Chief goes to investigate and discovers no damage but no people either. Chief is then suddenly teleported to the Palace of Pain, where he finds a gory mess of blood and some green goo. Chief hears the familiar skittering of an Infection Form coming from behind him, eliminates it, and informs Lasky that the Flood have broken containment on Zeta Halo. Before the end of this level, Chief hears Cortana off in the distance saying that she has everything under control. - Chief explores the Palace of Pain, eliminating the Flood, who are largely made up of the scientists. As he explores the facility, Cortana starts her psychological tactics and appears to the Chief to be “losing it”. As the Chief nears the control room in the Palace of Pain, Cortana starts speaking in the same syntax as the Gravemind. Once Chief makes it to the control room, the Gravemind reveals himself to have been behind Cortana’s behavior all along, and that he implanted the Logic Plague in her since their conversation on High Charity (“Like water I ebb and flow, Your companion’s mind exists within mine, Her machinations all the better for me to grow”). Cortana appears on a pedestal in her old digital display format and suddenly shouts “Chief!”. - In her moment of clarity, Cortana reroutes Chief through the teleportation network to just outside the Palace of Pain, where he finds an ancient Forerunner ground vehicle. He hops in and begins a running gun battle with Prometheans and the Flood fighting it out amongst each other. As Chief drives through, both factions start to fight him as well, making it a three front fight. At this point, Roland theorizes that the Prometheans were following Cortana until she had her brief moment of clarity. In that moment, she could only do so much, and what she was able to do was make the Prometheans resort to their original programming and start fighting the Flood. Unfortunately, she didn’t have enough time to reprogram the Prometheans to stop fighting humans. - Chief makes it back to the military outpost, but was unable to shake the Promethean and Flood forces that were chasing him, turning the outpost into a massive free for all firefight between all three factions. The Chief runs around the base helping where he is needed until the Flood threat is eliminated. Once they are eliminated, the Prometheans disappear, presumably to go fight the Flood in other areas of the ring, de-prioritizing the human threat. Chief briefs Lasky on what just happened at the Palace of Pain, prompting Lasky to ask Roland if there is a way to get everyone off the ring and eradicate the Flood as well. Roland suggests retrieving the activation index and going from there. - Chief and a strike force go to the control room to retrieve the index, fighting through waves of Flood and Prometheans and Created organic soldiers (four-front fight baby, let’s do this!). Roland is eventually inserted into a terminal in the control room so that he can retrieve the digital copy for later study at the outpost. While in there, Roland is met with an unknown Forerunner intelligence (Mendicant Bias) who informs him that if human forces can move to a Forerunner hangar and board a dreadnought, he can initiate a destabilization of the ring that would spell the end of the Flood on Zeta Halo, citing that this installation has been “remodeled” before. - Chief and the strike force retreat from the control room and return to the outpost where Roland explains Mendicant’s plan to Lasky, leaving out a significant detail. Lasky initially refuses to go along with a Forerunner machine’s plan since the last Forerunner he came in contact with was the Didact, and he harbors no love for the Forerunners. Eventually he relents and orders the outpost to be abandoned and for all UNSC personnel to make their way to the hangar, which is about 50 kilometers from their position. Chief and a few Spartans take single occupant fighters and provide cover for ground and aerial troop transports, leading to intermittent dog fights during the trip. - Once at the hangar, Chief goes inside and scouts ahead, where he is forced to contend with more Flood and Prometheans (all of the Created’s organic armies have been reduced to Flood forms at this point). He eventually makes it to an entrance to the Dreadnought and is tasked with holding his position until the rest of the UNSC personnel can get there and get loaded inside. Once everyone is aboard, Chief asks Roland exactly who is going to pilot the 100,000 year old alien ship, to which Roland reveals what he had been holding back since his conversation with Mendicant: Cortana will be piloting the Dreadnought. Since Mendicant had significant knowledge of how the Flood operate and 100,000 years to meditate on the subject, he has learned of a way to combat the logic plague. He can’t cure Cortana, but he was able to help her rid herself of its shackles for periods of time. Cortana would be able to safely pilot the Dreadnought away from Zeta Halo, and then initiate Final Dispensation. - The Dreadnought escapes Zeta Halo while Mendicant Bias works to destroy the ring and the Flood along with it. Chief is able to finally have a proper goodbye with Cortana that finally does her death justice. On the bridge of the Dreadnought, Lasky and the crew are able to workout that the Dreadnought is travelling through slip space to the Ark. While en route, they pick up a strange signal on an old UNSC band to the tune of “Oly Oly Oxen Free”. Chief immediately recognizes it and responds quietly to himself “Out in the free. We’re all free”. Cut to black with a far more scaled back cliff hanger leading into HW3 or H7.I have no doubt there are PLENTY of canonical issues that can be worked out or adjusted of course, but I hope whoever read it enjoyed it!

Idk how to answer this question but what i’d like to see is Blue team. Red team, Alpha nine , and Jun assembling his own team taking down Cortana that’d be cool.

Bring back the brutes, not as your enemies, but an ally faction

ugh, Rampant Fragment Cortana is turning Halo ring into a machine that would digitalize all organics into the domain. Former Covenant aliens enlist to serve along side Cortana and her Prometheans. The Flood returns because, well it’s the Flood. Cheif wins, end credits

Flood

Just a theory, but, Chief assembles Red Team and Gray Team to help take down Cortana. As Team Osiris tried to recruit the Arbiter to help as the Brutes are also their trying to fulfil the prophets wishes.

While stranded on installation 07, the survivors come across a fragment of mendicant bias. The fragment is reactivated and in an effort to atone for his past sins, he helps humanity find a way to defeat Cortana. Mendicant helps humanity contact offensive bias, who has been laying dormant since it’s victory over mendicant.

With the assistance of the two contender class AI, humanity is able to defeat Cortana’s forces. Mendicant is able to cure Cortana of her logic plague since he has experienced it himself. Just as Chief and the now cured Cortana share an emotional reunion, flood ships slip space into the atmosphere. Roll credits

Doesn’t matter what happens the series needs a proper reboot from the end of Halo 3 without Reach as cannon. Whatever occurs during infinite the ending has Chief on board the forward onto dawn making the player realise that everything that happened was a simulation of Cortana. It was all hypothetical, and then the real Halo 4 starts.

We find out it cortana wasn’t behind the rallying of human AI’s and destroying human worlds it was the didact. the didactic posed as cortana to more easily get chief out of his way, but having failed in halo 5 the didactic reveals himself as the source and gathering of the guardians. Chief, the arbiter and his elites, the infinity, and the spirit of fire crew end up rallying on zeta halo in an effort to retrieve the matrix of mendicant bias to take down the didact.

> 2533274888477235;16:
> We find out it cortana wasn’t behind the rallying of human AI’s and destroying human worlds it was the didact. the didactic posed as cortana to more easily get chief out of his way, but having failed in halo 5 the didactic reveals himself as the source and gathering of the guardians. Chief, the arbiter and his elites, the infinity, and the spirit of fire crew end up rallying on zeta halo in an effort to retrieve the matrix of mendicant bias to take down the didact.

Hate to break it to ya, but that’s not the case. In the comic Dominion Splinter, it shows what happened to Cortana right after the events of Halo 4. Simply put, she found her way into the Domain and met the Warden. He blocked her from accessing it. However, it was just a fragment Warden was conversing with. The other fragments accessed the Domain and Cortana then went on to reprogram the Warden into her servant, calling him her Warden ‘Eternal’. So no, it wasn’t the Didact. It was sadly all Cortana.

I would do the following. These are just random story threads:

• make Cortana have the logic plague
  • due to the EMP attack, have the UNSC return to original tech to combat the AI
  • following Halo Wars 2, have the distress signal bring the arbiter to one Halo ring and John to another (I personally do not know if the rings from HW2 and 5 are the same)
  • possibly have John go AWOL fully and have Blue Team and Osiris caught up with Hood and Earth
  • have John and the Arbiter return to the Ark (or have the flood overwhelm the banished and escape)
  • have there be a secondary desires call, but from Mendicant Bias
  • have Mendicant assist in fighting off the flood and have his awakening trigger the return of the Didact
  • have the Didact seek revenge on John
  • have the Cortana responsible for the logic plague

well for starters have infinity crash on zeta halo much like CE continue chief’s character development from 4 that was pretty much ignored in halo 5 introduce the banished wrap up the created story arc if possible and maybe the return of the flood

I think cortana should have stayed dead post halo 4, but since she is alive in halo 5 I think she should overcome rampancy. I dont think cortana works as a villain and the evil AI cliche as been done to death. Atriox would be the main antagonist of my game, since he is an already established villain. Junt dont asume all players habe played hw2 so he should be re-introduced. Then get rid of the infinity, like someone said above the ship is too OP. Or at least introduce a covenant ship that can put a descent fight against it. Part of what make halo great was humanity vs a major unstopable force. Then get rid of blue team somehow or if you stick with them give them some descent behavior tree and some personality. Also some solo misions would be great.
The weird thing is that I was mad when halo 5 made halo 4 story almost irrelevant. But now I would love if 343 somehow made halo 5 story irrelevant. It was so bad that I just want to forget it. I would love if that game was not necessary or never existed, but it also worries me that all the story in halo infinite may be dedicated to correcting halo 5 instead of telling its own story.