Where will you try to get a high CSR?

In what playlist will you guys try to get a high CSR? I think I’ll try to get a 35-40 rank in the FFA playlist that’s coming in a few weeks. I don’t have a team or a doubles partner yet so FFA is gonna be my main focus since it’s just gonna be me and my BR.

Also, for those of you who played Halo 2/3, how hard was it to get a 40-50 rank?

I might try and get in 4 vs 4 infinity slayer.

I hope they make some changes to Infinity Slayer (Random Ordnance and Personal Ordnance) to make it more competitive.

Lets hope its worth doing. Im almost 130

In Halo 3, as long as you had two thumbs and a brain, you could get a 40 easily.

In Halo 2, if you were a 40 or higher, you were either a pro or a cheater

In Halo 3, mediocre players would level up to 50 and sell the account to people who weren’t good because it was so easy. In Halo 2 this never happenend because most pros were incapable of getting a 50 (that is not an exaggeration).

That is the reason people dislike the ranking system… because Halo 3 made it way to easy. In halo 2, there was no such thing as boosting to sell a 50.

Currently, we have no idea how hard it actually will be to level up with CSR. It could be closer to H2, where only the best get >40, or it could be closer to Halo 3, where anybody who doesn’t have a mental or physical handicap can get a 40.

I would guess it would be somewhere in the middle.

they’re making a playlist called Team throwdown, which is basically a combo of slayer and objective gametypes but with competitive settings

> In Halo 3, as long as you had two thumbs and a brain, you could get a 40 easily.
>
> In Halo 2, if you were a 40 or higher, you were either a pro or a cheater
>
> In Halo 3, mediocre players would level up to 50 and sell the account to people who weren’t good because it was so easy. In Halo 2 this never happenend because most pros were incapable of getting a 50 (that is not an exaggeration).
>
> That is the reason people dislike the ranking system… because Halo 3 made it way to easy. In halo 2, there was no such thing as boosting to sell a 50.
>
> Currently, we have no idea how hard it actually will be to level up with CSR. It could be closer to H2, where only the best get >40, or it could be closer to Halo 3, where anybody who doesn’t have a mental or physical handicap can get a 40.
>
> I would guess it would be somewhere in the middle.

lol I got stuck at 37 in halo 2, everytime i played a game at that level i would be up against modders. Halo 2 was so gd, yet so broken

> they’re making a playlist called Team throwdown, which is basically a combo of slayer and objective gametypes but with competitive settings

Yeah I know about Throwdown. I’d love to play that paylist but I don’t have a team yet. That’s why I’ll play FFA.

Not gonna try to get to any level, I’ll just keep playing and see what happens.

But, if it’s likely to be anywhere, it’ll be in the Action Sack (if it ever comes around).

> In what playlist will you guys try to get a high CSR? I think I’ll try to get a 35-40 rank in the FFA playlist that’s coming in a few weeks. I don’t have a team or a doubles partner yet so FFA is gonna be my main focus since it’s just gonna be me and my BR.
>
> Also, for those of you who played Halo 2/3, how hard was it to get a 40-50 rank?

I’ll go for 50 in Snipes, Throwdown and
Team doubles.

It usually take players 2-4 years starting out as a completely noob leveling up to the higher levels - You gotta have the mindset wanting to improve too.

I consider a level 1-20 in Halo 3 to be a complete noob. No offense to anyone on the forums, but you have lots to learn.

> > In what playlist will you guys try to get a high CSR? I think I’ll try to get a 35-40 rank in the FFA playlist that’s coming in a few weeks. I don’t have a team or a doubles partner yet so FFA is gonna be my main focus since it’s just gonna be me and my BR.
> >
> > Also, for those of you who played Halo 2/3, how hard was it to get a 40-50 rank?
>
> I’ll go for 50 in Snipes, Throwdown and
> Team doubles.
>
> It usually take players 2-4 years starting out as a completely noob leveling up to the higher levels - You gotta have the mindset wanting to improve too.
>
> I consider a level 1-20 in Halo 3 to be a complete noob. No offense to anyone on the forums, but you have lots to learn.

I guess this is how you could predict your level based on games played, with a straightforward learning curve.

When you have played, You are level (In Halo 3).

1-100 games - level 10.
100-500 games level - Level 20.
500-1000 games - level 30.
1000-3000 games - Level 40.
3000-10000 games - Level 50.
10000+ games - (Still not level 50)

> > In what playlist will you guys try to get a high CSR? I think I’ll try to get a 35-40 rank in the FFA playlist that’s coming in a few weeks. I don’t have a team or a doubles partner yet so FFA is gonna be my main focus since it’s just gonna be me and my BR.
> >
> > Also, for those of you who played Halo 2/3, how hard was it to get a 40-50 rank?
>
> I’ll go for 50 in Snipes, Throwdown and
> Team doubles.
>
> It usually take players 2-4 years starting out as a completely noob leveling up to the higher levels - You gotta have the mindset wanting to improve too.
>
> I consider a level 1-20 in Halo 3 to be a complete noob. No offense to anyone on the forums, but you have lots to learn.

You seem like a really competitive player. Does it bother you that the CSR is not in-game? IMO, while it would be a lot simpler to have it in game, I think that the most important part is that you play with people around your skill. Also, I don’t think it’ll bother me to pull out my phone after each game as long as it updates instantly.

> > > In what playlist will you guys try to get a high CSR? I think I’ll try to get a 35-40 rank in the FFA playlist that’s coming in a few weeks. I don’t have a team or a doubles partner yet so FFA is gonna be my main focus since it’s just gonna be me and my BR.
> > >
> > > Also, for those of you who played Halo 2/3, how hard was it to get a 40-50 rank?
> >
> > I’ll go for 50 in Snipes, Throwdown and
> > Team doubles.
> >
> > It usually take players 2-4 years starting out as a completely noob leveling up to the higher levels - You gotta have the mindset wanting to improve too.
> >
> > I consider a level 1-20 in Halo 3 to be a complete noob. No offense to anyone on the forums, but you have lots to learn.
>
> You seem like a really competitive player. Does it bother you that the CSR is not in-game? IMO, while it would be a lot simpler to have it in game, I think that the most important part is that you play with people around your skill. Also, I don’t think it’ll bother me to pull out my phone after each game as long as it updates instantly.

I rather have 1-50 ingame than having it on this website, but then again I don’t really care. I’ve kinda given up on competetive Halo, and realized when Halo 4 released that Halo won’t ever be the same again.

That the system actually matches and manages to recreate close matches is the number one priority.

I think Halo 4 has the potential to become really competitive. The TU is coming and it’ll bring weapon balancing. We’ll have the small maps in the DLCs and some great Forge ones. Bravo will continue to adjust playlists to make them as balanced as possible (I’m currently hoping he removes the Random Ordnance in Slayer) and 343 hired Quinn DelHoyo who made a big push towards making GoW: Judgement an e-sport. So yeah, I think Halo 4’s competitive future is bright.

Flood and Grifball. I’m just kidding of course. I’m not going to “Go for a 50”. I’m going to play matchmaking alone with randoms as always and I’m going to get matched up against full teams and I’ll be lucky to hit a 45. I think a 46-47 is my personal skill level. Halo 3 would say otherwise but I kinda got jipped by playing a bunch of social before trying to continue to rank up.

Either way I hope it’s next to impossible to get a 50. I hope 49 is extremely hard to obtain. I hope 48 Is essentially pros only. I hope 47 is like the new 50. I hope 46 is considered a really good player and I hope 40-45 are the “worthy” players. 30-39 would be average. A 50 just doesn’t seem as appealing when pretty much everyone has one. The people that don’t have a 50 buy them. The people that can’t achieve 50 cheat. 45 is my goal as a solo player.

I’ll be going for the 50 in FFA first, as I don’t often play when friends are on. When I do, however, I expect Team Throwdown and Infinity Slayer will be first to go for the 50s, then I’d like to go for Doubles and CTF.

I’m sure my friends would like to get (and probably will get) their 50 in Snipers, but I’d need me some practice to keep up with them in that department.

Doubles first, than Infinity Slayer, FFA, Snipers and Team Throwdown (all togheter, not focusing on a single one.)

SWAT is just connection based at high levels, which is not good for an italian.

If you are wondering how difficult it was to get a 50 in H2/3 well, it was impossible in H2, and bugged as hell in H3 (my account is blocked at 47 because of the 3000 EXP, but 50 with 200 EXP was a joke); bugs apart, it wasn’t that difficult in Halo 3.

If you are starting fresh with Halo, i wouldn’t count much on that 50, it needed me 3 years to get to 47 and block the tag starting from “looking at my feet while walking”.

Do you guys think they’ll introduce a Ranked/Social Playlist split once the CSR is out?

so what is CSR ??

also in terms of balancing… flood needs to lose thruster pack, and have an oddball style attack not a sword attack…

lunges are obviously too hard for 343 to sync so they shudnt be forcing themselves to try.

also all sync-fixes should be lowered because the amount of “kill from the grave” is getting limited now.

The CSR is the Competitive Skill Rank. It’ll match players based on their skill and will be released in April.